BritWres-Related Awards 2012

Ronnie

- Best British Wrestler

Noam Dar - Outstanding 2012 in regards to high-profile and quality matches. Being in the ring against AJ Styles and John Morrison will get his name out, but his matches against Davey Richards, Sami Callihan and Prince Devitt show why he's considered the future of not just UK wrestling.

MK McKinnan - Absolutely incredible matches in FCP against Eddie Edwards and Prince Devitt and is now finally working outside the FCP bubble and his match with Mark Haskins for SWE was a classic.

Marty Scurll - My pick for #1 on the UKFF 50 this year as he's been gold in the ring all year. The LDR's are the best tag team in England right now (when available) as proven by their incredible clashes against MK/Gresham and my UK MOTY vs Project Ego, but Scurll has come into his own as a singles wrestler. While that had already happened last year, his matches from this year against Sami Callihan, brief flurry with Akira Tozawa, and Prince Devitt have shown he can stand toe to toe against the best in the world as well as the best in the UK with matches against Zack, MK and Noam.

I don't know if I'm only allowed three but....

El Ligero - Incredible matches against Akira Tozawa and El Generico as he's not really had opportunity as of late to face the imports but has shown he can hold his own, even when he was in the ring with Prince Devitt. Also feud against Ego Dragon/Martin Kirby for SWE this year was incredible.

Martin Kirby - Was involved in probably both my all UK MOTY Singles AND Tag matches with Ego Dragon vs El Ligero in June and Project Ego vs The LDR's in December. Cannot say enough good things about Kirby, one of the hardest working wrestlers in England right now and he did well to not only work the twice in one night for SWE, but to wrestle a different style as Ego Dragon to the point I had no clue who Dragon was until a friend pointed out the vocal similarities and body type.

Mark Haskins - I was going to leave it at 5, but Haskins does deserve special mention. He has been on fire since returning to the UK scene in February and last weekend he was the UK MVP with matches against Stixx, MK and the four-way. TNA saw something special in him in order to sign him, but it was never shown in TNA unfortunately. He's really busting his ass to reclaim that fire again.

And I'd still want to nominate Zack Sabre Jnr, Kris Travis, Dave Mastiff, Rockstar Spud, etc etc.

- Best British Promotion

Revolution Pro Wrestling/IPW:UK - I'm going to count these as one as the split only occured in August and I would think anyone mentioning IPW:UK would mean their Sittingbourne shows from this year. If you want the best possible wrestling matches, RPW is where it's at.

Southside Wrestling Entertainment - I've probably attended more SWE shows than any other promotion this year and they have more than rewarded my loyalty. Their August event "Supremacy" is the best top to bottom show I've attended this year. Fantastic feuds with Ego Dragon vs El Ligero and the SWE vs H.O.P interpromotional rivalry.

Fight Club: Pro - It's easy to see why these shows spread so easily by word of mouth as when you've attended one show, you'll want to go to the next. Fantastic atmosphere when it's heated, unlike anything else with the fans around the cages and the 'home' FCP talent has had incredible matches against both top name imports and each other.

I'd also nominate Preston City Wrestling - Unfortunately only attended four of their shows this year, but it's easy to see how they've managed to become so popular and successful so quickly. February was a fantastic show, June had a strong contender for UK MOTY with Ligero vs Tozawa, August was good but didn't live up to my own hopes and expectations, but the December show was great.

- Best British Match

The LDR's vs Project Ego - Modern tag wrestling at it's finest and shows that our guys are capable of fantastic, genuine MOTYC on their own right.

El Ligero vs Akira Tozawa - Incredible match live and upon re-watching.

Jack Gallagher vs Davey Richards - Saving grace of an average show, but a truly exceptional main event.

MK McKinnan vs Eddie Edwards - Both their matches were fantastic with July being a wrestling clinic, the the December match was an insane spotfest that was executed perfectly.

El Ligero vs Ego Dragon - The street fight match in June as I'm yet to watch the mask vs mask no ropes match. I do wonder if that match will be added also...

Zack Sabre Jnr vs Sami Callihan - I need to stop now before I'm late back to work!!!

- Best British Wrestler (meaning wrestlers who chiefly wrestle in British promotions, not Britain-born wrestlers who have made it to WWE)

Noam Dar

El Ligero

Zack Sabre Jr

- Best British Promotion

Progress Wrestling

ICW

PCW

- Best British Match

Zack Sabre Jr .vs. Marty Scurll, Progress Chapter One

El Ligero .vs. Akira Tozawa, PCW Guild Wars

Jimmy Havoc .vs. Jon Ryan, Progress Chapter Three

Best Brittish Wrestler-