CM Punk heel?

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members

He was stale as fuck, and that's coming from someone with the patience to still be enjoying him in the later parts of last year. He had nowhere else to go as a face and his mannerisms suit being a heel way better. Plus, as Ian said, the match prospects are better. Also, he's proven that he can't carry decent ratings as the top babyface, but he's a perfectly good foil for other guys in that role (especially Cena).

• Paid Members

He'll sell just as much merch as a heel as he does as a face, such is the nature of his appeal and the type of fans that buy his shirts. As a heel his 'Best In The World' claims are actually pretty valid, as he is a great antagonist. He just isn't cut out to be a top level face- his appeal is too narrow, his character too far detached from what the wider audience expects from a hero (i.e. he is a smug, unlikeable, slimy-haired, junkie-looking, bag-eyed cock-end).

• Paid Members

Punk is not a great face. I think his actual real life personality is much more suited to being a heel anyway. Was he even a proper face? He was in some odd middle ground where you weren't sure...at least I wasn't. He was a dick but not in an endearing way. I remember just after MITB last year and the tide gradually turned against him, on here at least, and I tried hard to keep that same level of excitement I had about him and his character going into and just after MITB '11 going on, but it wouldn't happen. Plus, at least as a face, it's not like he set the ratings alight so...

• Paid Members

His promos when he was feuding with Hardy in 2009 were great too. He can go in big matches whether he's face or heel, but on TV, especially when he's talking, he's miles better as a heel.

Archived