ICW HADOUKEN!

The Cum Doctor

Devitt and Wolfgang was a worthy main event. I've always wanted to see that fucking mental plancha that Devitt does live, and I was delighted to see it. Everyone tore the house down.

Going into that match I thought they'd be hard pushed to match the co-main event, but they did just that and even more. A superb event.

I meant to do something more fuller, but completely forgot a couple of matches. I do have some thoughts though.

* Already covered Devitt/Wolfgang really. One of them matches where rather than being worried about if it's going to meet expectations, you just know that it's going to, and this one did. The pace of the match was brilliant, and that helped to suck the crowd into the match right from the word go. With Wolfgang kicking out of Devitt's bombs and then coming out on top with the win, he was made to look like a total hero. I'm wondering whether they're gonna have Wolfgang as the next champ, but it looks like they finally have someone in line to fued with Lightning, and Jester is that man. Anyways, great match with the perfect result.

* The TLC Match also met expectations. All four men busted ass in a big way, but I thought Davey Boy was the hero of the piece and had a huge standout match here. Not that the other guys looked bad. I thought Grange in particular looked like a dangerous man, and did some serious damage to both members of the Bucky Boys, and Stevie and Divers took some vile stuff as you'd expect from those two lunatics. Favourite moment of the match was probably the ladder STI sandwich. Love spots like that.

* The title match is the last of the main events to talk about. Probably the most intense of the three matches as well. Brawling all over the place. The state of Renfrew's back after it was horrendous. Lightning really laid a beating on and even though he needed help in the end, came out of this match looking a lot harder than he has recently. No more credible though, thanks to the help of BT Gunn who will have some explaining to do.

* Whiplash/Lionheart II wasn't on the level of the first match but nobody expected it to be, as that was one of the ICW classics. We DID get a brilliant match here. It was a lot more "normal" from Whiplash as well at times, but he showed as always that he's the creepiest fucker in ICW.

* Have Fight Club lost a match in ICW? I'm trying to think, but I'm pretty sure that the combo of Liam Thomson and Kid Fite haven't lost in ICW match in a few attempts. Anyways, that was one of the matches that slipped my mind.

* Wild vs. Havoc was as good as I was expecting. Wild seemed to get more annoyed as the match went on. The crowd were always gonna be on side with Havoc so it's good that ICW basically were able to read that and have Wild turn heel. Fuck knows what would have happened if Andy Wild got cheered endlessly. The match itself was as good as I'd hoped it would be. It's easy to forget that Havoc is a very good wrestler when he's not doing the hardcore stuff, and Wild was no different to what he has been.

* Grado beating James Scott was a good moment. There was a bit of "who was under the mask?!" play on the Big Wrestling Show. It didn't really dawn on me, but I wondered why he was out there in full coat and mask, so maybe? It was actually a belting match here. The last Grado match, people weren't big fans of the actual match, while the atmosphere was loved. This time the actual match was a HUUUUGE improvement. We got to see a bit more of what Grado can do, and he also took a total fucking pasting. Matches like this will help to keep Grado relevant.

So yeah, amazing show. Christopher beat Jester, but I remember nothing about that. Might have been yapping through that.

Archived