ICW HADOUKEN!

The Cum Doctor

Slight update to the show, as the tag team title match has an extra stip...

ICW Tag Team Championship

Ladder Match

STI vs. The Bucky Boys

I actually kind of feel sorry for them now. The expectation will be through the roof because of previous matches and I think that it's going to be really difficult to top the first match they had, and with this further stipulation, you have to know that the expectation will be raised that much more.

Still going to be good though.

Agree on the Maverick/Feerick point. Feerick looks like a skinny Johnny Kickpadz!, but he's insanely entertaining.

As for Maverick is it right he's only been wrestling for a couple of years? He looks way more polished than that.

Ladder match will have to be top drawer to meet expectations but I think they'll do it.

Haven't seen Devitt in 6 or 7 years so looking forward to that.

Title match will be interesting especially if it ends up traditional rules. I see Red retaining in any case.

Agree on the Maverick/Feerick point. Feerick looks like a skinny Johnny Kickpadz!, but he's insanely entertaining.

As for Maverick is it right he's only been wrestling for a couple of years? He looks way more polished than that.

Aye, it's amazing just how good Maverick looks at times. I'm really high on him at the moment. Jamie Feerick is a total joy though. He plays his part amazingly. I think he and Maverick should probably still be a bit of a dickhead team. They suit it and they're hated. No need to change it.

Ladder match will have to be top drawer to meet expectations but I think they'll do it.

They're certainly capable. Boom... is right about Stevie and the ladder. Guy's got some balls. Don't underestimate the nutter that is Divers though. Grange and Davey will probably look to step things up as well for the big stage.

It's one of them matches which is probably gonna disappoint greatly, or steal the show completely.

Haven't seen Devitt in 6 or 7 years so looking forward to that.

Title match will be interesting especially if it ends up traditional rules. I see Red retaining in any case.

Feerick is entertaining but only in the comedy role of being the skinniest wrestler in the world. I can't take him seriously as a wrestler.

Maverick's performances have ranged from passable to good but outwith of OfCom I don't see what he will do in ICW. Too many wrestlers better than him around at the moment in my personal opinion. Hopefully these two will be kept together as a double act.

Ladder match is a bit of a swerve for the tag title final. This is the only way I can see STI winning after they got destroyed by Fight Club at the last show.

Xavier certainly is the daredevil in this matchup and I'm excited to see what kind of stunts these guys will pull out, the guy is nuts.

Where did you see Fergal Devitt 6 or 7 years ago? I've only managed to catch him live once and that was in an excellent match with Joe Coffee in Stirling.

Feerick is entertaining but only in the comedy role of being the skinniest wrestler in the world. I can't take him seriously as a wrestler.

Maverick's performances have ranged from passable to good but outwith of OfCom I don't see what he will do in ICW. Too many wrestlers better than him around at the moment in my personal opinion. Hopefully these two will be kept together as a double act.

I reckon that Maverick could break out on his own, but not so sure about Feerick.

I can take him seriously though. He can take a humoungous beating ( as we've seen ) but he continues to fight and fight. He's like a heel version of a Rey or something like that. Him and Feerick have already been involved in one terrific tag team match and Maverick looked excellent in that Zero G match he was in I thought in the Garage. Him and Christopher came out of that match looking like future challengers.

I do agree that they get kept together though. ICW's tag division is taking off and they're a team that people actually care about.

I saw Fergal Devitt on at least one SWA show back in 2005/06, he was definetely part of the tag team title tournament as Team NWA Ireland with Paul Tracey.

Yup. They had an absolute cracker of a match against Chris Renfrew and Chris Charizma before getting knocked out by Hatred and Adam Shame.

Incidentally, ICW hero Grado won the tag titles that same night with Glen Dunbar to a massive pop.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this has been mentioned here, but ICW posted this on their Facebook page yesterday;

****MASSIVE NEWS REGARDING TAG TITLE MATCH****

The Wee Man contacted us from hospital today after being assaulted by two unknown individuals. So he will not be at the show on Sunday.

We at ICW have a good idea who the attackers were but cant point any fingers without proof. We understand The Wee Man is a huge part of the ICW family and some people wont be happy hearing that he wont be there. However never one to short change the fans Mark Dallas has informed us to make up for The Bucky Boys manager not being at the event he has decided to make a change to the title match. It will no longer be a ladder match but insted it will now be:

A TABLES, LADDERS, CHAIRS MATCH!!!!

ICW Tag Team Championship Match

The Bucky Boys Vs. The S.T.I's

Red Lightning retained over Chris Renfrew, The STI's beat The Bucky Boys in the TLC match to win the straps, Wolfgang pinned Fergal Devitt, Andy Wild retained the ICW Zero-G Championship over Jimmy Havoc, Grado beat James Scott, Lionheart beat Mikey Whiplash, and I think Fight Club beat Visage.

Archived