2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. And it's not too little too late. Any call up means fuck all with Levein in the manager's chair.

Ball is totally in Fletcher's court now. He must deliver, and if he does it could finally be the kick up the are that the SFA need to tell Levine to get his act together. Not too late, but it's now business time.

There's only so much Fletcher can do with the way Scotland play. Especially away from home. If he plays, he's going to be a lonely figure most of the game.

There was a really telling sign that Levine doesn't want to change anything at the Macedonia game.

I was sat close to the dugout with Levine more or less directly infront of me. A voice yells at him "CRAIG... FUCKING 4-4-2... ITS FUCKING SIMPLE 4-4-2. EASY SOULTION TO YER PROBLEMS. AND FUCKIN START RHODES".

This was done when the crowd was pretty quiet, and Levine heard it clearly. He turned, smirked. and looked away again.

It's possible to play 4-4-2 and still be negative as hell. Just means there's two guys up there doing nothing. Which is even worse.

I think 4-5-1 is fine. I remember when Rangers used it at home in the CL and it was actually really positive. Scotland could potentially do the same sort of thing.

It's possible to play 4-4-2 and still be negative as hell. Just means there's two guys up there doing nothing. Which is even worse.

I think 4-5-1 is fine. I remember when Rangers used it at home in the CL and it was actually really positive. Scotland could potentially do the same sort of thing.

Is Levine the right guy to instill positivity in them though? I doubt it now. No point changing manager mid-campaign though, but I just doubt his credentials now.

I'm excited because I've long held the belief that if anyone can benefit from a 4-5-1 Scotland system, it's Steven Fletcher. In an ideal world I'd love to see him paired with Rhodes up front but we all know how Levein plays, so I'll take what we're being given. Time to draw a line under it all and carry on for the sake of the national team. Three points against Wales please!

I wonder if Commons will get called up if Naismith gets banned for that elbow. It's a strange one with S Fletcher and Levein. The manager calls up Fletcher and still gets flak. You get the feeling that Fletcher could play up front alongside whoever in a 4-4-2 and still not score but that would be Levein's fault too.

Is Fletcher not playing as a lone striker with Sunderland? If he gets 90 minutes now for a few games, I think it is up to him show Levein he was wrong. I don't agree it is too little too late either. Of course, it would have been better having him in from the start but there's no saying he would have scored or helped us win the game. Maybe aye, maybe no.

Edit: Also, fair play to Celtic for the result in Moscow. A cracking result by any stretch of the imagination.

• Paid Members

Fletcher said long before the Serbia and Macedonia games that he wanted to be recalled, Levein ignored them and insisted "that door was closed". The press and fans heap pressure on the SFA for Levien's head and now he calls him back up, proving he has put a personal grudge before the team and now he's trying to save his own back. Also, just because he's selected him for the squad, doesn't mean he'll start, I wouldn't me too surprised to see him stick with Miller. The guy is a fucking idiot! As mentioned above, what the fuck is he thinking leaving Commons out of the squad? He's been in great form recently.

Well done to Fraser Forster for getting an England call-up.

As much as I dislike all things Celtic, Forsters call up is long overdue. I'd have argued he was more deserving than Butland.

Interesting to hear Hooper getting put in the mix too. He's got the goals, but the disdain towards the SPL will see him struggle to make it into the squad, no matter how many goals he's banging in, which is a shame.

Archived