2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Levein should be sacked with immediate effect. The campaign may already be over but at least it would show a bit of forward thinking and determination if he was to be removed from post. As Jambo says, it was an absolute joke to start Kenny Miller. Gary Caldwell in midfield again - just...what?

More than anything, we need a new manager so Steven Fletcher comes back into the fold. A

I only watched the first half, but it was painfully obvious that we weren't going to score. There was no final ball to speak of. Also, would anybody agree with me in saying that Charlie Adam has the slowest turn of pace of any Scottish player for a long time? David Weir was like a Turtle but could get away with that most of the time because he was playing in a deep central defence role. Charlie Adam is in the middle of the pitch where things are supposed to be created and a little bit of pace is a must, especially at international level. Levein got it wrong. I don't know how long he'll be able to hold onto his position. Wednesday's game is D-Day I would imagine.

I always think Scotland are caught between a rock and a hard place with guys like Charlie Adam. They have players that would be revered and protected if they were in a lowlier team but are not top international talent and wouldn't make top international squads. As such, these players who need to be coddled aren't getting coddled at all.It would also be nice if Scottish players weren't crybaby douchebags who bitch about the manager. Have some fucking pride in playing for your country.

What we realistically need is wee Strachan brought in, and every player who is available to be given a clean slate and judged on their actions & performances from here on in. I doubt we'll get that, which means we'll not be at the next World Cup.

• Paid Members

It's Fletcher's fault though. He's quite a cunt. Fuck him. He didn't take the call to play for his country.

Agreed, it was a bit of an arsey thing to do but at the end of the day it was a Mickey Mouse Cup so is it really worth jeopardising a very good shot at finally making a Finals just to make an example of him? I think not.

It's Fletcher's fault though. He's quite a cunt. Fuck him. He didn't take the call to play for his country.

Agreed, it was a bit of an arsey thing to do but at the end of the day it was a Mickey Mouse Cup so is it really worth jeopardising a very good shot at finally making a Finals just to make an example of him? I think not.
An example of who? Fletcher does not want to be chosen under Levein. He's had his chance to make amends, he chose not to. Fletcher can fuck off.

Archived