cmll mexico august 2012 (11/08 onwards )

dannycoll

hey Guys

any help would be much apprciated !!

hoping to make it over to Mexico City - 11th aug onwards

any tips/advice etc - would be appreciated

ticket availabilty etc (are thre tickets vailable on the day?)

cheers in advance

Tickets are available freely on the day for Arena Mexico events - make sure you go to the offiical box office and not the touts as they'll rip you off.

Check out the article in Power Slam magazine (out tomorrow) on my trip to Mexico plus my 'Walk to Arena Mexico' video on YouTube (linked in the lucha thread).

Do the people in the box office speak English, Phil? Or is it lots of pointing and smiling??

No English. Lucklily I was with someone who had been studying Spanish. The ticket window is actually a one way mirror so you can't actually see who you are talking too!

You can talk to the touts face-to-face but they'll no doubt rip you off as they did to us on our first visit.

I wouldn't fancy going to see any shows over there. Konnan paints a pretty grim picture of the type of characters who knock about outside Arena Mexico.

We didn't have any problems on our three trips to Arena Mexico (aside from the tout incident) - in fact, we didn't have any problems at all in Mexico aside from being offered drugs (declined politely, of course) and there are armed police pretty much everywhere.

Also, they are used the foreigners at Arena Mexico as we saw a lot of Americans there on each of our visits.

I wouldn't fancy going to see any shows over there. Konnan paints a pretty grim picture of the type of characters who knock about outside Arena Mexico.

We didn't have any problems on our three trips to Arena Mexico (aside from the tout incident) - in fact, we didn't have any problems at all in Mexico aside from being offered drugs (declined politely, of course) and there are armed police pretty much everywhere.

Also, they are used the foreigners at Arena Mexico as we saw a lot of Americans there on each of our visits.

I like that. Declined drugs because of the armed police otherwise bring it on.

I was more of the impression that the trouble happened elsehwere in Mexico? I'm not really sure why.

I was more of the impression that the trouble happened elsehwere in Mexico? I'm not really sure why.

Indeed. A lot of the main drug battles happen up in Juarez. Mexico City can be dangerous - just like most major capital cities can be - if you go into the shady areas.

Is there any way to find out before going to Mexico where shows are at etc? I tried checking out the CMLL site but it's mind-boggling.

Reason is, we're planning on going to the Yucatan and know they have monthly shows at the Bull ring in Cancun (don't think it's CMLL as they do three main towns, right?).

I tried checking out the Bullrings website. Nothing on there.

Any sources I could check out for dates and venues for lucha? It'll be a pricey excurssion so would need to budget in advance for it.

Is there any way to find out before going to Mexico where shows are at etc? I tried checking out the CMLL site but it's mind-boggling.

Reason is, we're planning on going to the Yucatan and know they have monthly shows at the Bull ring in Cancun (don't think it's CMLL as they do three main towns, right?).

I tried checking out the Bullrings website. Nothing on there.

Any sources I could check out for dates and venues for lucha? It'll be a pricey excurssion so would need to budget in advance for it.

Somebody might be able to suggest something more useful but http://www.luchaworld.com/ has a 'lucha report' that has upcomming shows and things. Don't think they're far enough in advance though. Maybe you could e-mail the guy who runs the site? They must get their dates from somewhere.

Archived