WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 6/15/2012

ThePhenom

Here are the spoilers for this week's Smackdown:

Smackdown opens with A.J. coming to the ring, and she is quickly interrupted by Vickie Guerrero. Big-time heat for Vickie. Out comes Dolph Ziggler to quite a few cheers. Vickie then slaps A.J., and cue Cult of Personality. C.M. Punk plugs the main event tonight, which brings out Daniel Bryan to a huge chorus of Yes! chants. Sheamus is out next to complete the main event group. The crowd really popped for all four guys during this. The main event match starts now, and A.J. wants a piece of Vickie. Solid start.

(1) Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero) & Daniel Bryan beat WWE champion C.M. Punk & World Hvt. champion Sheamus. Entertaining opener with Ziggler pinning Sheamus after Vickie interferes, leading to an A.J.-Vickie brawl. Kane comes out to help A.J., then Punk and Kane and Bryan brawl with Kane chokeslamming both. Great work from A.J.

(2) Brodus Clay beat Heath Slater. Disco ball just dropped, and we all know what that means. Fresh off being crushed by Vader, Heath Slater comes out after a decent promo from Clay. Quick squash.

David Otunga runs in after the match to set up their No Way Out pre-show match. Nice to see Clay selling Otunga's offense to make it seem like it will be anything but a squash on Sunday.

(3) Beth Phoenix beat Alicia Fox. Layla joins commentary. Squash for Beth, then a stare down with Layla.

Big Johnny time. Laurinaitis makes a public apology to Vince McMahon for Big Show knocking him out. Cut to video recap of Raw. Johnny then brings out Show, who cuts a promo about never being allowed to be himself. Good heel promo.

(4) IC champion Christian beat Jack Swagger (w/Vickie Guerrero) in a non-title match. Quick win for Christian.

Afterward, Swagger whines, and out comes Triple H to a huge ovation. Quick Pedigree to Swagger and Trips chases Vickie out.

(5) Ryback beat two jobbers. No pyro tonight, of note. Typical Ryback squash with all of his spots.

(6) Damien Sandow beat Tyson Kidd. Yet another squash match on the card.

John Cena comes out to a loud and mixed reaction. He says he's looking for Big Show and out comes John Laurinaitis. Big Johnny claims that he sent Show home. Cena then punches out Big Johnny even though he was warned he would be fired if he attacked him and then lost on Sunday. So, someone is getting fired.

Looks like nothing but squashes, and perhaps the possibility of the opening Tag Team Match being alright. It's a shame to see AJ getting mixed up with Vickie Guerrero as well, she doesn't need pulling down like that. I'd heard that they would be continuing more major things from Raw to Smackdown and back to Raw like they used to, so it looks like they've started doing that here with Cena and Johnny Ace. I think this is a bad idea personally with 3 Hour Raws on top of that, I'm gonna be sick of seeing everyone.

It was alright this week. There were no overlong pointless matches. The opening tag match was the only long one, and that had a decent setup. I worried Christian vs Swagger would be a ten-hour match, thankfully it wasn't. I didn't think much of the main event bit, though. I haven't been on board for the Battle of the Johns at all. Ace's feud with Punk felt loads more organic. I was surprised to see them advertise a Triple H speech for No Way Out, did they plug that on Raw as well?

Still hate AJ.

• Paid Members

I don't get the AJ love either. Its just typical shite with the girl over shadowing the three wrestlers. Vickie Guerrero type bollocks. Punk, Bryan and Kane are just clogs in the AJ storyline. If Miss Elizabeth taught us anything, these bitches need to shut up. Thats why I think Elizabeth was so great in the Hogan/Savage and Savage/Flair storylines. She just kept her yap closed and let the lads get on with it. The same with the Dixie/AJ thing. That's a good storyline, but just stop talking. People seem to talk way more than they should these days.

I'd imagine Bryan wins the belt, then? Surely the best thing is for the nutty bird to go back to the bloke who originally turned her mental?

The problem with the AJ storyline (other than fappers getting wayyyyyyy to excited about her 'performances' and calling her AJ Lee for some masturbatory reason), is how badly structured it's been. She's still in love with Bryan one minute, Punk's bit of fluff the next, going a bit mad after that, and it goes to such a redundant point where all of the blokes seem to want her, and want shot of her, all at the same time. Even if she goes back to Bryan, that won't really make that much sense. None of the payoffs are overly satisfying, and none of the blokes are any further over for having her by their side. Punk especially, he's supposed to be too clever to be arsed with any of it.

It's such a wank angle, actually.

I gave up about halfway through Smackdown last night, it's just shite, I normally only watch Raw but thought I'd give it a go, wish I hadn't bothered, sorry to sound like Vito but it was just boring as fuck

Still interested to see what happens with AJ but even that, to be honest, is because she's got a nice arse rather than the angle being effective or anything

SmackDown really does seem abit everywhere at the moment as the show is full of squashes, then one week we get the SmackDown roster and then the next week we have both rosters pushing some really boring storylines. Personally I enjoy SD with their own talent as they've got some good talent and I prefer there roster than RAWs.

Anyway where the fuck was Cesaro? Damien is looking great but after Tyson Kidds excellent showing at Over The Limit I am rather sad to see him back on the job squad. Brodus Clay can fuck off and I hope they do something new with Ryback. Once again I found myself fast forwarding another WWE show.

I fell asleep watching the Big Show promo. Sadly that was really the only thing of note for me. I saw a little bit of Sandow-Kidd but not alot. The last segment with John and John was alright but I'm really bored of Laurinitus. He has one or two funny lines per episode but most of the 'management' team are just shit. Otunga's alright I'll give him that.

The opening stuff was blase, AJ doesn't really do anything for me as a nutjob. But having Punk and Kane fighting over her? Why? It's all shit. I just hope this means Bryan wins the WWE Title so Kane and Punk can do whatever.

Archived