WWE '13 Official Thread

Killjoy_Gee

I know there is already a thread filled with speculation of where the 'Revolution' videos were leading - which obviously has now been confirmed as WWE '13 promotion, but I think an official thread for the new game where we can post news, speculation etc in one place would be a good idea. Hopefully y'all agree.

So the biggest news is the Attitude era theme. This had already been rumored since the Road Dogg Jesse James confirmed him and the Bad Ass Billy Gunn (The New... Age... OUTLAWSSSS) had done voiceover work for the game. We now know this is true and THQ has confirmed the roster will include 38 stars from the current roster, 32 Attitude Legends and 7 Divas. I've made an attempt at guessing the roster, though I feel some (The Hardyz) won't be included due to TNA. Let me know what you think - I don't believe I've missed anyone too important. This is just my fantasy roster.

1 CM Punk

2 John Cena

3 Randy Orton

4 Sheamus

5 Daniel Bryan

6 Christian

7 Cody Rhodes

8 Big Show

9 Dolph Ziggler

10 Jack Swagger

11 Kofi

12 R-Truth

13. Brodus Clay

14 Wade Barrett

15 Alberto Del Rio

16 Miz

17 Zack Ryder

18 Santino Marella

19 Rey Mysterio

20 David Otunga

21 Mark Henry

22 Kane

23 Sin Cara

24 Ted DiBiase

25 Chris Jericho

26 Great Khali

27 Jinder Mahal

28 Tyson Kidd

29 Justin Gabriel

30 Heath Slater

31 Curt Hawkins

32 Tyler Reks

33 Jimmy Uso

34 Jay Uso

35 Primo

36 Epico

37 Mason Ryan

38 Brock Lesnar

Attitude Legends

1 HHH

2 HBK

3 Undertaker

4 Austin

5 Rock

6 Vince

7 Edge

8 Jeff Hardy

9 Matt Hardy

10. Billy Gunn

11. Road Dogg

12 Bradshaw

13 Farooq

14 Steve Blackman

15 Rikishi

16 Scotty 2 Hotty

17 Grand Master Sexay

18 Shane McMahon

19 X-Pac

20 Chyna

21 Lita

22 Trish Stratus

23 Hardcore Holly

24 Crash Holly

25 Mankind

26 Eddie Guerrero

27 Dean Malenko

28 Test

29 Steven Richards

30 Goodfather (RTC with alternate attire)

31 Val Venis (RTC with alternate attire)

32 Big Boss Man

Divas

1. AJ Lee

2. Beth Pheonix

3. Natalya

4. Kharma

5. Layla

6. Kelly Kelly

7. Eve

Saw this on another forum. Apparently one of the guys found a way to sort of crack the roster page on the THQ website. This is the roster he's come up with:

SUPERSTARS (38)

Alberto Del Rio

Big Show

Booker T

Brock Lesnar

Brodus Clay

CM Punk

Chris Jericho

Christian

Cody Rhodes

Daniel Bryan

David Otunga

Dolph Ziggler

Epico

Heath Slater

Hunico

Jack Swagger

Jinder Mahal

John Cena

Justin Gabriel

Kane

Kevin Nash

Kofi Kingston

Mark Henry

Primo

R-Truth

Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio

Santino Marella

Sheamus

Sin Cara

Ted DiBiase

The Great Khali

The Miz

The Rock

Triple H

Undertaker

Wade Barrett

Zack Ryder

DIVAS (7)

Alicia Fox

Beth Phoenix

Brie Bella

Eve

Kelly Kelly

Kharma

Nikki Bella

ATTITUDE ERA (32)

Animal

Big Bossman

Big Show (Attitude)

Billy Gunn

Bret Hart

British Bulldog

Cactus Jack

Chris Jericho (Attitude)

Christian (Attitude)

Dude Love

Eddie Guerrero

Edge

Godfather

Hawk

Kane (Attitude)

Ken Shamrock

Lita

Mankind

Mark Henry (Attitude)

Mike Tyson

Mr. McMahon

Road Dogg

Shane McMahon

Shawn Michaels

Stephanie McMahon

Stone Cold

The Rock (Attitude)

Triple H (Attitude)

Trish Stratus

Undertaker (Attitude)

Vader

X-Pac

I'd be really disappointed if there was duplicates on the roster. I'm quite happy to have alternate attires for people like Jericho, Big Show, Christian etc. I don't want a situation where you're doing a royal rumble, you have 2012 chris jericho in the ring and then out comes 1999 chris jericho. I know its a video game, but I like some realism. Its why I never bought Cole/King for the last game because I didn't want them to commentate their own matches : /

In all honesty. I would much rather have a Monday Night Wars-themed edition of All Stars than this Attitude mode. It sounds great, but clearly they want to plow the Attitude and WCW furrows, so why not have a crossover game between the two with the Raw, Nitro, Smackdown and Thunder sets alongside the big PPVs (Wrestlemania, Starrcade, Summerslam, GAB, Rumble, Survivor Series, Superbrawl, Slamboree, BATB, Halloween Havoc, Clash of the Champions). Bring back GM mode for Raw and Nitro and include this mad Attitude mode as well. Flair's gone from TNA as is Steiner, Booker and Nash. Hogan's on a legends contract, and Goldberg's free. The only big no-gos are Jarrett and Sting, but doesn't Sting have a merchandising contract with WWE anyway for the WCW DVDs? Add in Rey, Eddie, Chavo, Show, Regal, Finlay and a load of cruiserweights and Nitro jobbers and you have a WCW roster! Combine it with the Attitude roster mentioned before and include a load of midcarders and you have a game. Much, much more appealing than this game.

That said, if they get round to allowing us to edit the stage in Create-An-Arena, I'll buy it, no qualms.

• Paid Members

Happy with that rumored roster, and any wrestlers that can't be in the Attitude roster for one reason or another can easily be downloaded from Community Creations anyway :thumbsup:

One of the main things I'd love them to update this year is the Cell match. It's been improved, but the match type still isn't half as fun as it's Day of Reckoning counter part from a few years back. It's really dumb that the animation used when you put someone through the cell is still the same regardless of what move you do. Better fluidity in gameplay and no detection of bugs UPON RELEASE would also be very welcome.

• Paid Members

I wonder if the Bellas will make it into the final game, considering they were recently fired I believe. That Divas roster looks pretty anaemic any way. I don't watch WWE, but where's the likes of AJ, Maxine etc?

I'm not really bowled over by the scrapping of RTW.. I enjoyed the storyline element with matches finishing in cutscenes. Much more effective than the usual 4 minute 3-finisher steamroller pins of usual.

I'd be really disappointed if there was duplicates on the roster. I'm quite happy to have alternate attires for people like Jericho, Big Show, Christian etc. I don't want a situation where you're doing a royal rumble, you have 2012 chris jericho in the ring and then out comes 1999 chris jericho. I know its a video game, but I like some realism. Its why I never bought Cole/King for the last game because I didn't want them to commentate their own matches : /

Yeah I bought Michael Cole off the Xbox Marketplace on the last game and it was annoying how he was on commentary aswell.

I hope in the next few WWE games they make the WrestleMania venues actually bigger than the typical standard venues. It's always bugged me that one.

Archived