IPW:UK Extreme Measures 2012, June 3rd, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Amazing!

Always good to see Marty, and Spud is just fantastic as well. Got a few peeps coming down for this, and the odd two who havent seen Spud before (as well as some others), so this should be Epic!

My first IPW:UK show, and its looking to be a corker!

Edit: Also will the A-Merch guys be an hand with the regular awesome merchandise? As i'm still after the latest DG: UK dvds!

My first IPW:UK show, and its looking to be a corker!

It's going to be epic, I cannot wait, it seems like everytime the full card gets released, we're saying what a strong line up it is.

Edit: Also will the A-Merch guys be an hand with the regular awesome merchandise? As i'm still after the latest DG: UK dvds!

We'll be there with the AM Supershow (DG:UK & Noah UK) DVDs and Dragon Gate merchandise with Tozawa. IPW Will have a selection of stuff including most (if not all of the Sittingbourne shows) too!

• Paid Members

Cool :thumbsup: , If I can manage my money 'til then, I'll be getting all 3 of the DG:UK dvds as well as having a sneaky look at Tozawas stuff!

It really does look amazing, and if our friends are all up for it, we might make it a regular thing! Hoping for the very best from all the guys, and cannot wait for Tozawa/Haskins! I've seen Zebra,Marty, Kirby and Mastiff before so i know of how good they all are, but will look forward to see everybody else (i've heard great things about Walter!), really cannot wait!

Full write up to follow... but over the last 24 hours there has been some developments that have meant the line up has gone from stacked to STACKED!!!!

shanick.jpg

TICKETS ON SALE NOW FROM: www.ipwuk.com/sittingbourne

Therefore the current card looks as follows:

Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship:

Magnus vs Sha Samuels ©

Extreme Measures Semi 1:

Fantastic! Thats brilliant. I never got to see Magnus outside of TNA, I am so pumped for this show. I will be taking the old man to his first wrestling show in years, he used to take me along to the old FWA shows, supershows and the like in my mid teens (infact he actually took me to the first ever IPW:UK show in orpington, extreme measures) and he is still a casual fan, I fail to see how he wont enjoy/be impressed by this show.

A good mix of international, new and IPW regulars when it comes to talent as well. Every match has all sorts of potential to be awesome and all in different ways. Id say its the best all round card I have seen all year.

Yeah this card is stacked. I was surprised that Sha hadn't been announced yet, but Magnus is a bigger surprise seen as I didn't even know he was in the country. I was wondering if Martin Stone, T-Bone, Leroy Kincaide, etc were gonna be on here somewhere so thought if anything Sha might end up in a tag match. I wasn't keen on Magnus before he left to go to TNA, but by all accounts he has improved tremendously.

There is so much on this show to love. Is it bad that even with a potential MOTYC like Tozawa vs Haskins, the match I'm dead excited for is Scurll vs Spud? This has been built up so well over the past six months that they have done really well to not only pull the trigger on a singles match between the two, this will also be the first time they've ever been in the same ring together since this whole thing started. The crowd should be electric for this one with how loved Scurll is and how hated Spud is.

Tozawa vs Haskins should steal the show if everything clicks on the night. And with Haskins heel turn at the last Sittingbourne show, that means Tozawa should be the face in this one. And he is the best face ever with his charisma and explosive energy so the Sittingbourne crowd is going to LOVE him. I feel sorry that Haskins doesn't look likely to return to America with TNA any time soon, but with matches the quality of this one, and with how hard Haskins pushes himself in an IPW:UK ring, I can't help but be glad that Haskins is still on these shores.

Off the top of those two matches (or even if it was just the one) you've already got a stacked show, but then there's a big time heavyweight singles clash with Dave Mastiff vs Big Van Walter. I thought this was potentially a first time singles encounter, but they had a three way involving Trent 7 at Fight Club Pro last September and a singles match in wXw in July 2010. Even so Van Walter is one of the best heavyweights in Europe right now and I'm sure in making his IPW:UK debut he'll be wanting to leave a lasting impression. Dave, since losing the belt, and even just before then, hasn't really had the blow-away matches he had during his Title reign, so this will be a big opportunity for him to show why he's seen as England's premier heavyweight wrestler right now. So I'm sure that these two are going to go all out to attempt to steal the show on what is a LOADED card to begin with.

Stixx and Allmark had a cracker in Cambridge for DG UK 2010 so I can't wait for this rematch. That was the match that really opened my eyes as to how exceptionally good both of these guys are. Before that match Allmark was the clap-happy All Star wrestler who was good, but like All Star itself, it's something that's good while you're there but nothing you're gonna think on after leaving. Stixx has really stepped up his game over the past couple of years as he has gotten himself in tremendous shape and everything is clicking right now from look, character, charisma, being the big agile man, so he is in career form right now. These two could end up bettering their DG UK match.

Ego vs Hooligans is the kind of match that really only IPW:UK could have booked. Ego really have been the tag division while Zack has spent the majority of the year in Japan, the LDR's have been missed, but if only because their match against Ego has been delayed for so long. Ego have had crackers against the 4FW team and The Thrillers at the shows I was at so the quality of tag team wrestling during the LDR's absence has not diminished and if anything has almost remained at practically the same level. Ego aren't teaming as often as they did 3/4 years ago, but the quality if anything has increased as they have so much history and team work that they have really found their groove and are becoming one of England's best tag teams on the go right now. For the Hooligans I've never had the opportunity to see the team live, and have never seen Zak Knight at all, not even when he was wearing the mask and touted as going to be one of England's up-coming cruiserweights. It doesn't appear to have really happened, but the Hooligans have gotten rave reviews for WAW and All Star so I am looking forward to seeing them live. We all know how intense Zebra Kid is.

And then there's two more matches before the four-way final. Dupree vs Frazier should be good, even if it is going to be the second time it happens that weekend. Sha vs Magnus does have potential. It's a shame I've not seen much of Sha since his Title win since before that point he was becoming the best heel and most improved wrestler of 2010. Feels mad that it's over a year since he won the belt.

And as for the four-way main event, I'm hoping for Scurll, Tozawa, Mastiff and Stixx. It feels too early to do Mastiff vs Sha again, Scurll is going to be busy with the Cruiserweight belt and I don't think Tozawa will be able to return in August unfortunately :( So I'm picking Stixx to win it all. Outside bet is on Walter.

Archived