IPW:UK Extreme Measures 2012, June 3rd, Sittingbourne

Andy

Seems to be only GPW and the Legends show.

Actually, I think while I would love to see Tozawa as many times as I possibly can, I think it'd be the best to just have the two matches so he can go all out to impress in just the way that only he can.

I am still hopeful for Scurll vs Tozawa II down the line some day......

Some day.........

I think I am going take Tozawa to the legends show but he won't be competing, I think it will be a great show and something different with some of the top British Grapplers of all time, going to be an experience.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Actually, I think while I would love to see Tozawa as many times as I possibly can, I think it'd be the best to just have the two matches so he can go all out to impress in just the way that only he can.

Some day.........

I think I am going take Tozawa to the legends show but he won't be competing, I think it will be a great show and something different with some of the top British Grapplers of all time, going to be an experience.

Wish he was on the legends show lol , then I'd get to see all 3 ;)

Some day.........

Wish he was on the legends show lol , then I'd get to see all 3 ;)

Would be a very interesting additional, but not this time.

I think I am going take Tozawa to the legends show but he won't be competing, I think it will be a great show and something different with some of the top British Grapplers of all time, going to be an experience

I guess that means we can add him to the list, alongside Sandman, of surprising people seen in the audience of a Dixon Croydon show!

• Paid Members

It feels really weird to be at home after work and not at this.

Twitter tells me results so far include the Hooligans beating Project Ego, Marty pinning Spud with a roll-up and Tozawa beating Haskins.

Johnny Gargano has been announced for August 26 and Jerry Lynn has been announced for October 13+14...

EDIT: just realised Jerry appearing on October 13 will be the tenth anniversary of him facing Doug Williams at FWA British Uprising..

Fantastic show but God almighty the travel this weekend has really worn me down.

Stixx advanced over Allmark in a great opener. Really lived up to their original DG UK encounter.

Mastiff advanced over T-Bone in a decent heavyweight scrap. T-Bone really has come a long way since it seemed like he only got booked due to him bringing the ring as he is slowly turning round into a good prospect for the future and Mastiff is England's best heavyweight on the scene today.

The Hooligans beat Project Ego. Absolute chaos, the Hooligans antics went down a storm and they really did lay into Ego. Wasn't that keen on Ego losing seen as they have pretty much been *the* tag team in IPW:UK with Zack's deserved time spent in NOAH, but they still have the briefcase at least.

Scurll advanced over Spud. LOVED this match. Note perfect after six months of build, these two brawled around the building before the match had even begun. And even when the match did get underway, it was more about a fight than a wrestling contest. Scurll got the win via a flash pin and then the two had to be separated afterwards. This feud still has a LONG way to go, but fortunately for Marty he is now finally in possession of the IPW:UK Cruiserweight belt.

Tozawa advanced over Haskins. Fantastic match. Probably a step below the Ligero match the night before, but this was shorter and the match before intermission with one more match to go for Tozawa.

Terry Frazier beat Rene Dupree. I was wrong about being skeptical about Dupree as all his matches delivered, he has a superstar look and aura about him, and he was over with the fans. Decent back and forth match, but Terry could do with bulking up a little... He looked less than half the size of Dupree.

Magnus beat Sha Samuels via DQ. Okay match. Magnus has the same kind of look and aura about him as Dupree. Sha has gone from being a revelation in 2010 to having a rather pedestrian title reign so far. I blame it on being clean shaven, he doesn't quite have the same look about him. T-Bone caused the DQ attacking Magnus when the match looked to be in his favour.

Marty Scurll outlasted Akira Tozawa, Dave Mastiff and Stixx in the fatal 4-way elimination match. Stixx was first eliminated after submitting to a Rings Of Saturn move from Mastiff, but he then attacked Mastiff with his chain after the match so Tozawa quickly got the pinfall. And then Marty and Tozawa got the spotlight to themselves to end the show, but it did feel like their little match (as well as the match itself) was a little rushed and really didn't last all that long.

Incredibly strong first half, one of the best halves IPW:UK have ever put on. The last three matches didn't quite live up to the tagline of all of them being main event worth, as only the 4-way stood out as something special and even then that felt rushed.

But yet another strong Sittingbourne show and really exemplifies why IPW:UK are one of the best English promotions going today.

Oh and that main event really wet the appetite for an official Scurll vs Tozawa II match.......

First half of this show was outstanding! Almost got killed by all the dives and out of ring antics! Second half felt abit flat though, Wasn't a fan of Frasier vs Dupree or Samuels vs Magnus. Main event was ok but could of gone long, Was hoping for some interaction with Scrull and Tozawa trying to throw Mastiff over the top.

Got back at 12-40 and ended being up late for work! Worth it though

Terry Frazier beat Rene Dupree. I was wrong about being skeptical about Dupree as all his matches delivered, he has a superstar look and aura about him, and he was over with the fans. Decent back and forth match, but Terry could do with bulking up a little... He looked less than half the size of Dupree.

Really? I thought Dupree was a disgrace in the match - and that's coming from someone who generally liked the guy. He no-sold the vast majority of Terry's offence - punches and chops weren't even flinched at, and even Terry's "Oi!Oi!" kick to the spine was blatantly no-sold. Terry, bless him, sold like a champ for all Dupree's stuff, but Dupree didn't appear to be in the least bit interested in working here. I was shocked that he even stayed down for the three. I was absolutely baffled when the fans gave Rene a round of applause after the match.

Everything else was pretty much varying degrees from great to excellent though - with Tozawa being absolutely awesome, and his match with Haskins being match of the night for me. The Hooligans vs Project Ego was superb both from a dramatic and a comedic point of view. Pleasantly surprised to see the Hooligans win, because it means they'll be back - which is tremendous news. The Scurll vs Spud feud continues to be very hot - and looks to continue in the same vein even despite Scurll's clean win and reclaiming physical possession of the Cruiserweight Title. I wouldn't have immediately picked Scurll as the challenger for the Iron Fist match, but it actually tells a pretty cool story with Scurll holding two thirds of the Triple Crown and going for the Heavyweight Title - but his rival Spud will no doubt be hanging around Sha's corner. Plus, let's be honest, Marty's been in the form of his life for the last year or so and absolutely deserves his push. Oh, Stixx vs Xtreme Dean was top class too. Shame about Big Van Walter - but he'll be coming soon, according to Andy.

As others have said, the first half of the show was absolutely brilliant. Tozawa v Haskins and the tag match were both excellent. Was a bit shocked that Ego got pretty much squashed though, considering they look set to be the next tag champs.

After the intermission it just seemed a bit rushed. Frazier v Dupree was very 'meh', Rene no sold pretty much everything and while it did tie into the whole 'big man v smaller man' kind of match, for Terry to get such a quick pin after not much offence was strange - I don't see Terry being booked too much after the Swanley show tbh.

Magnus against Sha was decent but am I the only one getting sick of T-Bone interferences? It's happening every single match and making Sha look very weak indeed. His title run so far hasn't been as good as I was hoping/expecting.

Main event was good but felt rushed. Also, am the only one who is a bit apprehensive about Marty being pushed so much? Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is awesome but he's the Cruiserweight champ, Tag champ and now he has a Heavyweight title shot.

I would have preferred Mastiff to win and have a final showdown with Sha and have T-Bone and Spud banned from ringside.

That's being very harsh though as I thoroughly enjoyed the show overall - yet another fantastic event from IPW who just never fail to deliver.

I've got similar thoughts to the previous posters, first half was great;

Allmark vs Stixx was awesome start, every time i see Allmark I'm more impressed than the last.

Mastiff vs T Bone was hard hitting and solid.

Spud vs Marty was more about furthering the story than the match.

Hooligans were very impressive in a cracking match with Project Ego. IPW please book the Hooligans again, they are awesome!

Tozowa vs Haskins was very good but I thought it needed to go a little longer to make it truly epic.

Second half just felt such a rush;

Dupree hammering Fraizer all match only for Fraizer to pin him after one move seemed odd and unrealistic. I was impressed with Dupree, much more than I expected from a former WWE guy, but understand what people mean about no selling.

Magnus vs Sha didn't do a lot for me. Loved Sha as the big man vs Lion Kid as the underdog at one of their recent shows, but didn't think Magnus and Sha clicked.

Thought main event held so much promise when Stixx and Mastiff got eliminated so early, so we could see virtually a singles match for Scurll and Tozowa but they just didn't get enough time. If they would of got another 10 minutes to really show their stuff it could of been a cracker.

So really a show of 2 halves, would really love to see Tozowa back again!

Delighted with Gargano and Lynn at next shows, IPW keep bringing the top indie stars please!

See with Dupree it looked as if he worked a lot harder (read: stiffer with those chops and kicks) that Terry's offense did look tame in comparison and not something a big strapping guy like Dupree would sell in the way that Terry did for him. I can't help but feel that after Sha and Terry's rise to the top in 2010 that they have really fallen down performance and character wise. Shame.

Some others thoughts seen as I can't be arsed to do a full write up....... Jesus driving almost 7 hours in the rain and that accident on the M25 made me pretty much sleep the entire day away today.

*Allmark looked great in the opener and his kicks and spots were... Well spot on. Excellent choice as the opener and they really did live up to their past match.

*Felt a little bit sorry for Ego with the way the Knights were smacking them around, especially the antics on the outside involving the chairs. I am wondering where this is going as The Hooligans look to now be the #1 contenders to the tag belts, Ego still have the MITB if that's what Trav decides to cash in on, but Scurll's August match is already set. I am thinking we'll finally get LDR's vs Ego (and new champs) at one of the Anniversary shows, maybe the second night.

*Loved Scurll vs Spud. Cannot stress that enough. This has been THE UK feud of 2012 and it's only going to get better and more heated.

*Really did enjoy Tozawa vs Haskins. I think I was the only one who on initially buzz put it on par with the Ligero match, but I conceded that with it being a shorter match and it's card placement (and the Ligero match did have the really big epic atmosphere and insane spots) but these two had a really, really belting match. I think it was live bias in face Tozawa owning so much.

*While I was watching the main event I did wonder if Stixx vs Mastiff had ever happened before, especially since Mastiff's name change. I am looking forward to their feud.

*Scurll vs Tozawa was great and I hope TysonSL's reaction to Mastiff being eliminated with the realization that a Scurll/Tozawa finale was about to happen is caught on camera. You couldn't keep the smile off his face. I did want a lot more to it.... It felt like they only had 4-5 minutes if that and then it was over.

*Marty Scurll *is* IPW:UK right now. Looking forward to his Title match against Sha, but will be honest that I didn't see his winning coming. I felt for certain we'd get a LDR's Title defense in August. However....

*Zack vs Gargano in August please.

*And I now Stixx/Mastiff looks likely, but if Finlay is going to be on the August show seen as he's in the country the week before....

Archived