Benfica vs. Chelsea

Halitosis Romantic

• Paid Members

Sorry to the mods to throw another thread out there that's about football AND questions, but I've had a hectic couple of days, and it's not letting up yet.

My grandfather-in-law got really sick yesterday, and had to be admitted to hospital - seems a bit better now, but he's got to stay in, as he has gallbladder problems, with infections and misdirected gallstones, and oh so many other delightful circumstances.

Now, he's a big Benfica fan, and his main topic of conversation for a couple of weeks has been the Chelsea game - now he's not home, and can't get FOX sports on the hospital TV, so he's going to miss it.

I was wondering if anyone here had a way that I could DL it to the computer, or a streaming address that I could use on my iphone? I'm only going to be able to get 3G in the hospital, and I don't have time to jailbreak my iphone (only had it 4 days) and set up a hotspot, so those are my options. Any ideas?

Sorry to the mods to throw another thread out there that's about football AND questions, but I've had a hectic couple of days, and it's not letting up yet.

My grandfather-in-law got really sick yesterday, and had to be admitted to hospital - seems a bit better now, but he's got to stay in, as he has gallbladder problems, with infections and misdirected gallstones, and oh so many other delightful circumstances.

Now, he's a big Benfica fan, and his main topic of conversation for a couple of weeks has been the Chelsea game - now he's not home, and can't get FOX sports on the hospital TV, so he's going to miss it.

I was wondering if anyone here had a way that I could DL it to the computer, or a streaming address that I could use on my iphone? I'm only going to be able to get 3G in the hospital, and I don't have time to jailbreak my iphone (only had it 4 days) and set up a hotspot, so those are my options. Any ideas?

there'll probably be torrents on the go fairly soon after the game, if you can't get a source to watch it live that might be an option to watch it tomorrow?

• Paid Members

there'll probably be torrents on the go fairly soon after the game, if you can't get a source to watch it live that might be an option to watch it tomorrow?

Yeah, that was a thought - I was hoping to lift his spirits with the game tonight, but it's not too likely.

Ah the old Benfica/Grandad/Gallbladder ruse.

google 'football stream' for live footy streams and should be places to get it? Or am I being stupid and that won't work on iphone?

It probably is too late but if you can locate someone with skysports package then can't you use SkyGo to stream matches to other devices? How this is done I'm not sure but my friend uses his Dad's subscription to stream matches to his own laptop.

Yeah, that was a thought - I was hoping to lift his spirits with the game tonight, but it's not too likely.

What about getting a radio station that's providing commentary? There are a few worldwide radio apps on the iphone as far as I know. Sit and listen with him, if he's tired he might not be up for watching TV for 2 hours.

• Paid Members
Ah the old Benfica/Grandad/Gallbladder ruse.

google 'football stream' for live footy streams and should be places to get it? Or am I being stupid and that won't work on iphone?

It probably is too late but if you can locate someone with skysports package then can't you use SkyGo to stream matches to other devices? How this is done I'm not sure but my friend uses his Dad's subscription to stream matches to his own laptop.

Thanks for that one, would totally work if I wasn't in the USA - I could probably finagle it with time anyways, but I'm going to visit him in 90 mins (plus extra time).

I may be able to sort him out with a portuguese radio stream, but I'm going to see if I can find a stream of it visually in Portuguese.

Thank you all so much, guys.

• Paid Members

That was real nice of you, SiMania - didn't end up watching it, he was pretty knackered, slept through a lot of the visit. I'm going to look for torrents and DLs tomorrow; again, that's something I don't do often, so if anyone could help, thanks in advance.

Archived