TUF: Brazil / UFC 147: 'Wanderlei vs Franklin 2' *TUF SPOILERS

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Werdum's striking keeps getting better, he might even give JDS a fight, he took Russow out quite easily.

The ref could have stopped the Wand fight in the second but I think the ref made the right decision, Rich was defending just enough, I would have given Silva a 10-8 round though. Wand really didn't do much after the second until the last minute but he hung in there, Franklin's striking looked great in the later rounds but he should have probably tried taking him down more as he did a lot of damage in 3rd and Wand was never going to sub him.

Pepey -Jason wasn't very good, especially for a featherweight fight but they were probably nervous as fuck, considering this was on their version of BBC or ITV. The Mutante-Serginho fight was mega exciting at times when they nearly finished each other with strikes but it wasn't the Forrest-Bonnar type fight they would have wanted the BJJ's guys striking looked terrible but he still managed to catch Mutante a few times.

looking forward to Wand-Vitor 2 if it happens but see Vitor knocking hi out in the first again.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I had a feeling they'd still go for Vitor vs Wand. I never liked Wand's chances in that one and I can't see past a Belfort KO sadly.

Really though, if they hadn't coached TUF I don't think the UFC would still be doing this fight. It makes little sense now with Wand coming off a loss and Vitor winning his last 2 impressively. Vitor realistically could be close to a title shot again. A win over Wand now doesn't do much for him. I get why they're doing it though with the Cruz/Faber fight falling through and stuff. Plus it will do great business in Brazil. If Wand gets KO'd by Vitor I wouldn't mind seeing him call it a day. He's not the type to retire on a win, having one last go at Belfort in Brazil would be a good time to end it I think.

One middleweight fight I would really like to see coming off this show is Rich Franklin vs Michael Bisping. I think that would be a great fight.

I think Franklin beats probably half the top 10 Middleweights, I just don't think he will ever get another shot at Anderson Silva. Franklin Vs Bisping would be a good fight and would be a great co-main event but Bisping would do big numbers against Anderson Silva or Chael Sonnen, unlike most of the MW division.

I got in at 5am expecting to be in time for the Werdum fight or at least the end of it, but instead the TUF Brazil finals were ending. The order of the card was weird, it sounds like I did not miss much other than Werdum.

The Main Event I watched half asleep, but I had it a clear 48-46 to Franklin with round 2 being a 10-8, my friend who I watched it with also scored it that way.

It went as I expected with Wand having flashes but Franklin winning. I thought both looked very good, both have a good few fights left in them, I would like to see Wand vs Belfort and maybe Franklin vs a Shogun, Rampage or Machida.

Wand held up over 5 rounds a lot better than I expected also.

I got in at 5am expecting to be in time for the Werdum fight or at least the end of it, but instead the TUF Brazil finals were ending. The order of the card was weird, it sounds like I did not miss much other than Werdum.

I think only the TUF finals and the main event aired on Globo (Brazil's biggest TV channel) so that's why the card was on that order.

5am? Bloody hell. Never got in that late.

The Main Event I watched half asleep, but I had it a clear 48-46 to Franklin with round 2 being a 10-8, my friend who I watched it with also scored it that way.

I scored round 2 a 10-8 to Wandy like you and cutch before you.

• Paid Members

I dunno about the 10-8. And that's coming from me, someone who was looking for reasons to give Wandy the edge.

I'd have te rewatch it but I thought although Wandy absolutely battered Franklin and almost ended it, Franklin did enough early to keep it 10-9 to me. It's that old argument again but it's true that the 10-8 rule isn't about 'nearly finishing'. 10-8s are for rounds that are a complete domination as I understand it. And although Wand clearly won the round he only dominated the last 2 minutes or so iI think. It wasn't like Shogun/Hendo (5th Rd) or Lesnar/Carwin (1st Rd) where Hendo and Brock were not only dominated but got in very little-no offence.

Like I said though, have to rewatch it yet it's all hazy. Maybe it was a 10-8 but I didn't think so live. Not that it even matters really cos Franklin defo won the fight.

• Paid Members

Oh and Jim, I'd urge you to give Mutante vs Serginho (MW final) a watch if you missed that and defo get hold of the FX prelims. The prelims were better than the main card for me with Bodao/Macarrao, Massaranduba/Heleno, Vina/Campos all being really fun to watch.

Oh and Jim, I'd urge you to give Mutante vs Serginho (MW final) a watch if you missed that and defo get hold of the FX prelims. The prelims were better than the main card for me with Bodao/Macarrao, Massaranduba/Heleno, Vina/Campos all being really fun to watch.

I saw the last round and a half when they traded rocking each other, I wish I had stuck with TUF Brazil so I knew a bit more about them

Brazil shows are usual good, even last night I could tell the crowd as rabid. They did not boo Franklin as much as I thought they would.

• Paid Members

There's an article up on MMAMania.com with quotes from Dana saying they're not doing Vitor vs Wandy 2.

Like I said before that fight doesn't make much sense now anyway.. Vitor vs Hector Lombard (if he beats Boetsch) would be my choice. I think Wand did enough to earn another fight. Dunno who he will fight though.

Oh and there's rumblings that the UFC are hoping to put a Cezar Mutante vs Daniel Sarafian fight together. That's a no-brainer as it was the original scheduled TUF final for 185. I'd love to see it.

Yeah I can see that Vitor is in title contention and that stage Wand is a step down, its just a fun fight with a decent backstory behind it I would not mind seeing.

If they did Lombard vs Vitor it would be a stern test for Lombard, we would then find out how good he really is. Botesh may spoil the party, but I doubt it. At this stage I put Vitor and Lombard at the same level of contention, with Bisping and Munoz slightly above.

• Paid Members

Bisping's a tricky one, he's in a bit of a weird position. He's being talked about in the title hunt but he's coming off a loss. Granted it was a proper close fight with Chael, I had Bisping winning, so I don't think that loss should put him too far back but the fact remains it was a loss. I'd find it pretty ridiculous if he ends up getting the Silva/Sonnen winner.

Even before the Chael fight I'm borderline on Bisping deserving a shot considering the guys he beat but I think he's up there. If he'd got the nod vs Chael I think he'd have deserved the shot.

I'd like to see

Belfort vs Lombard/Boetsch winner

Bisping vs Franklin or possibly Belcher

and personally I'd give Munoz the next title shot if he beats Weidman, which is no gimme fight. I think Lombard needs to win at least one more fight if he beats Boetsch and Vitor would be a good contenders fight I reckon.

I will say this for Bisping, if Silva beats Sonnen, in no way should he get a title shot unless he picks up another win.

But if Sonnen wins, I may let them of if they did that. I know there is a difference but for me it is no more absurd that happening than Edgar getting a instant rematch against Bendo. When a decision is that close a rematch is warranted when the stakes are high, only difference here is that Sonnen will have picked up a belt the second time they meet.

Munoz is a viable contender who should be ahead of Bisping if he beats Weidman, I guess you could argue Belfort over Bisping as well, but if Sonnen wins, Munoz loses and Bisping either gets a quick tune up fight or they have a injury for whoever fights against Sonnen for his first defense, Bisping is not the worse choice. It would sell massive on PPV as well.

That is all hell of a lot of "ifs" though.

EDIT: Bisping vs Franklin is more likely and a very good choice.

• Paid Members

Yea there's a whole load of ways they can go. People always say 185 is shallow but I think that's shite. There's loads of really good fighters at Middleweight. It just so happens that they're in the same division as the greatest fighter in MMA history who makes them look foolish for daring to even think about thinking about challenging him.

If Anderson is still champ this time in a fortnight there's still a bunch of good fights to make. Bisping, Lombard and Munoz are all possible future fresh challengers. And a Belfort rematch could be interesting, especially if they did it in Brazil.

If Chael wins then he could fight any of the above aswell. A rematch with Bisping would be good and while Rich Franklin won't get a third shot at Anderson anytime soon, a Sonnen vs Franklin title match down the line could be fun. And of course a rubber match with Anderson would be huge.

There's a lot of possibilities either way.

Archived