TUF: Brazil / UFC 147: 'Wanderlei vs Franklin 2' *TUF SPOILERS

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Absolutely, people can say what they want about Wanderlei's skills or his chin or whatever fading and there's some truth to that but nobody can ever accuse him of just hanging around for a paycheck or not giving MMA 100%. It's obvious how much he still loves fighting.

• Paid Members

Anyone see this weeks episode yet?

Fuck me, that flying knee was brutal. About as perfectly landed as you will see. Serginho was one of the top guys in the house too. I've said since early on that Sarafian seems like the real deal and now I can't see either Bodao or Mutante stopping him in the finals. Sarafian has gotta be the favourite to win at 185 now to me.

Had to laugh at Wandy and Belfort shooting penalties too, they were so shit it was good. And Brittney didn't look too pleased at Gaspar picking her up

brit.gif

:laugh:

It's funny, I can find a gif of that but not the Sarafian flying knee. MMA fans are pervs.

Jason vs Wolverine next week. I've got a feeling that might end up being one of the best fights of the season.

• Paid Members

Hang in there mate the full card should be announced in a few days. Remember this is essentially a TUF finale card with a Wand/Franklin headliner tacked on. The rest of the card will be filled by the fighters from the TUF Brazil house so like with usual finale cards they'll hold back revealing the full lineup until the last episode airs because they don't wanna give away who wins and loses in the semis.

I'll update the first post when they announce everything. I've got a real good feeling that this is gonna be a tremendous show. There's some real talented fighters from this season and they'll all be looking at this as a way out of poverty so I think they will fight their balls off. Add to that Wand/Franklin and the Brazilian crowd which are usually white hot it should make for some excellent fights and a great atmosphere.

I think this show has been pretty overlooked, could be the sleeper event of 2012.

• Paid Members

Yeah the last episode is this Sunday. So expect the full card to be online by Monday. I've updated the first post with the confirmed fights so far. And for what it's worth these are the rumoured fights to be added;

Francisco 'Massaranduba' Drinaldo vs Leonardo Macarrao

Rodrigo Damm vs Anistavio Gasparzinho

Hugo 'Wolverine' Viana vs Wagner Campos

Sergio Moraes vs Renee Forte

Marcos Vina vs John Macapa

Probably be one or two more once the result of the second semi final is known. I really like the look of these match ups. From watching these guys on the show all these fights look good to me on paper. I'm especially interested in Massaranduba and Wolverine's fights. I liked both guys since the first episode. I really think they would both benefit if they dropped to a lower weight class after this though. Neither is ideally suited to their weights on the show imo.

Damm vs Gaspar jumps out from them rumoured fights. Gaspar was the jokester in the house and Damm was always the loudest to complain about it. It was the closest thing to a bit of a feud in the house to be honest. With how Damm was forced off the show with an injury it's good that he's getting the chance to fight on this show.

Oh and while I'm here, Franklin's new barnet

rich_franklin_ufc147_large.jpg

Wanderlei better win now. He can't lose to Lloyd Bastard Christmas on home soil. No way.

• Paid Members

I've really enjoyed it myself. It has a different feel entirely to the US seasons to me and you really get the feeling this is a life changing chance for these guys.

If you're looking for drama and chaos in the house you'll be disappointed (although Gaspar provided some of that) but the talent on this season was really good and there's been some excellent fights. The tension between the coaches was interesting to watch too.

I suppose Belfort pulling out has kinda killed most of the interest of the show but I'd give it a look even just to get familiar with the guys who will fight at UFC 147. If you don't get time to watch everything I'd at least watch the last few episodes for the semi finals which have been quality.

• Paid Members

BASTARD! Sarafian's injured and out of the finals. Serginho Moraes is his replacement. Sarafian was my pick to win it aswell. He should get the winner of Serginho vs Mutante when he returns I reckon. Gutted.

I think this is the first time one of the TUF finalists has pulled out isn't it?

I think this is the first time one of the TUF finalists has pulled out isn't it?

Yeah, the only thing comparable is when JT Money got wasted, kicked the window out of a limo, harassed a bunch of women and started threatening people. As a result he ended up getting pulled from the Finale and they did Credeur/Dollaway to find a replacement to face Sadollah.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah forgot about JT. This is even worse though cos the show already wrapped up filming when Sarafian pulled out. So they couldn't even have it explained in the show or have 2 guys fight for his spot.

It's a shame cos it's been a good season yet it will be looked back on as a disaster with the coaches fight getting cancelled and then a finalist pulling out.

Jason vs Pepey better not get messed up. This injury bug can fuck right off.

• Paid Members

I updated page 1 with this but incase anyone misses it, here's the full card for Saturday

MAIN CARD (ESPN)

Wanderlei Silva vs Rich Franklin

Cezar 'Mutante' Ferreira vs Sergio 'Serginho' Moraes -TUF Brazil Middleweight Finale

Rony 'Jason' Mariano Bezerra vs Godofredo 'Pepey' de Oliveira -TUF Brazil Featherweight Finale

Fabricio Werdum vs Mike Russow

Yuri Alcantara vs Hacran Dias

FX PRELIMS (ufc.tv)

Rodrigo Damm vs Anistavio 'Gasparzinho' Medeiros

Francisco 'Massaranduba' Drinaldo vs Delson 'Pe de Chumbo' Heleno

Hugo 'Wolverine' Viana vs John 'Macapa' Teixeira

Leonardo 'Macarrao' Mafra Teixeira vs Thiago de Oliveira Perpetuo

FACEBOOK PRELIMS

Marcos Vinicius 'Vina' Borges Pancini vs. Wagner 'Galeto' Campos

Felipe Arantes vs Milton Vieira

There is literally no way i can get through the season this week nowm ive got too much on :( i'll be going into the PPV blind.

Wand, what am i looking out for?

If there's anyway you can give the last 4 episodes a look, they include all the semi finals and they were all really good for different reasons. The 2 FW semis in particular are great scraps with Pepey vs Vina from episode 10 being my fight of the season. The 2 MW semis ended in brutal fashion too, Sarafian's flying knee was as perfect as I've ever seen.

If you're not gonna get round to that though I'd just say expect the FW finals to be a corker. Rony Jason is my pick but he has a tendency to get a bit too wild sometimes. He's trains with the Nogs and the Ptibull bros so you can imagine what he's like, has a really good ground game but he likes to brawl too. Pepey got some flack for one of his early fights on the season but he had a doozy with Vina in the semis. He kinda rubbed some people the wrong way in the house but he's got skills. I'm thinking this could steal the show.

The 185 final has kinda deflated for me with Sarafian pulling out as he was one of my picks from early on and he was looking more impressive with each fight. Mutante is Belfort's pal and I felt they kinda protected him slightly early in the season but he looked good in the semis in beating Bodao who was one of my picks to reach the finals. It's a tough fight to pick, Serginho's a really ground fighter but Mutante's no slouch either. I'm picking Serginho though.

Rest of the card, really all the fights look good. There's nothing on there that I don't expect to be at least decent.

But I'd really keep an eye on these in particular

Massaranduba vs Pe de Chumbo

Should be a great fight. Massaranduba's a tank, a really dangerous explosive striker but he has cardio issues and Pe de Chumbo's got a real tight BJJ game. Good clash of styles. These were 2 of my favourites to watch on the season.

Wolverine vs Macapa

I really liked Wolverine too. I posted a gif on page 1 of him destroying someone with elbows in the elimination fights. He's a good little fighter. I think he'd be better at 135 myself but this should be fun. Macapa's a tough opponent, he was unbeaten coming into the show.

Them are the two fights I'm expecting the most from on the prelims. You'll be familar with Rodrigo Damm. His fight with Gaspar should be interesting aswell. Gaspar was a bit of a prankster on the show, I liked him but he seemed a bit mental. Damm was the one who was always moaning at him the most so there's a bit of needle between them two unlike the rest of the fights.

Sorry that post went longer than I planned. But yeah, aside from Wand vs Franklin this is a really solid card. The FW finals, Massaranduba vs Pe de Chumbo and Wolverine vs Macapa should all deliver. I think it will be a lot better than a lot are expecting.

Archived