Should the WWE European tour before 'mania...

Doctor Whos Next

Just a random thought that popped into my head today.

It just seems way more interesting to have a European tour in March, before the big day. Having a Raw and Smackdown in international location helps to ramp up the excitement level when they talk to plebs on the street for the telly. Plus,you could add a few bells and whistles to the traditional UK store signings to make them almost, dare I say it, Axxess like. Maybe bring in one or two of the Axxess Gimmicks to have on the afternoon before each house show, to create a real local PR vibe leading up to the event.

The "Wrestemania Revenge" concept is OK, but there is no true "revenge" for Wrestelmania, as nothing ever happens at these"e shows, so there is rarely payback as the name implies. On the other hand a few screw jobs and tag team matches are just the job to whet peoples appetites.

An extra bonus is that the wrestlers don't have to travel overseas after the event, and can, relatively speaking "rest"

• Paid Members

Doesn't the post-Mania tour feature loads of Wrestlemania rematches hence the "Revenge" title? I wouldn't like this to happen before Mania as 1) It would likely make several of the match results a lot more predictable and 2) would make the ultimate big match less special if you had already seen what might be, on some levels, basically a practice match.

Back in 93 and 94 I'm sure we had the best of both worlds - a tour before and after Mania.

That said in the mid-90s some of the Fed guys could probably put in a reasonable claim for residential status in the UK or Germany the amount they were here!

• Paid Members

I think have a tour with some of the non obvious wrestlemania stars, a ccouple of big names, but maybe a tour which is coined as a 'fighting for a place at mania'. That way, you can keep the main big names on tv and in the US, while sending us a show (much like we currently get) but with a bit of purpose.

Just saying the above for the sake of it if im honest. I do like the idea of having a tour with a bit more 'umph' though.

Archived