Wrestlemania 28 Match Predictions

wrestlemania

Hey guys we r just under 2 months away from Wrestlemania 28, just wondering what everyone's full card is, sorry for the unoriginal topic, heres mine :

WWE Title Match

Chris Jericho v C.M Punk

World Title Match

Daniel Bryan v Sheamus

Intercontinental Title Match

Cody Rhodes v Goldust

Divas's Title Match

Beth Phoenix v Kharma

Streak v Career - Shawn Michaels as Special Guest Referee

The Undertaker v Triple H

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

All former World Heavyweight/WWE Champions in this match

The Rock v John Cena

Shaquille O'Neal v Big Show

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by the Rumble I'd like to see them put on a Foley/Rhodes feud. I think it could give Rhodes the rub he needs to get to the next level. Also I really do think they're missing out on not putting a Miz/Triple H feud. Miz is great and I think hes got a great future. If they were to put him in the MITB match or against the likes of R-Truth at Mania it wouldn't do much for him.

• Paid Members

Foley can barely even walk these days. And the company is PG so he couldn't have his trademark bloody matches filled with barbed-wire, fire and thumbtacks...so what would be the fucking point? Rhodes beating a cripple in a "hitting eachother on the back with a trash can" match wouldn't do any good for anybody.

Fuck me, I'm not expecting a Meltzer 5 star classic. I recon they'd have some cracking promos together. Foley could go on about how he wore a mask and what not. Foley's cut some right good promos in his time and I'm sure he could do it again, maybe even wrestle as Mankind? Foley could take a few bumps and really give Rhodes that extra boost he needs and deserves. They could even have a 5 minute match, Foley takes 1 or 2 bumps and Rhodes looks shit hot after defeating him. If they build it up well then it doesn't matter as much in terms of match quality. Foley's a likable face and Rhodes plays a cracking heel.

It'd make sense.. he wrestled a few odd matches in TNA and it'd be nice for him to have a send off at Mania. As looking back his last match in the WWE was that abortion at Vengeance 2007 (utterly awful 5 Man match for the title). Seen as Foley's back around and they wanna bring some old names back, PLUS Rhodes eliminated Foley at the Rumble. I wouldn't be shocked if they do it.

Judging by the Rumble I'd like to see them put on a Foley/Rhodes feud. I think it could give Rhodes the rub he needs to get to the next level. Also I really do think they're missing out on not putting a Miz/Triple H feud. Miz is great and I think hes got a great future. If they were to put him in the MITB match or against the likes of R-Truth at Mania it wouldn't do much for him.

LaGoosh got it right regarding Rhodes facing Mick Foley. It would do no favours for anybody involved and it's not the most entertaining thing in the world to see more than a minute or so of Foley actually wrestling these days. There are plenty of wrestlers who Rhodes could have a legitimate feud with to push him up that level. However, I will go against the grain and say that I don't see him as a bona fide main eventer. He's a solid talent but there's no way that I would put him above Orton, Miz, Sheamus, Barrett, Punk, Jericho etc. He's a good upper-carder at best.

I also have to disagree with your point regarding a Miz and Triple H feud going into Wrestlemania. I'm all for the veterans giving the younger guys a rub but I don't think I could buy into The Miz going over Hunter, especially at this stage in Triple H's career where he came a cat's cock's distance away from ending The Streak last year. As with Rhodes' situation, there are plenty of other wrestlers on the roster that could give Miz the momentum he needs to get back to where he was last year. I love The Miz as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't like to see him go over Hunter at 'Mania.

especially at this stage in Triple H's career where he came a cat's cock's distance away from ending The Streak last year.

Have you forgot the The Miz Main evented Mania? Retained the title at Mania? Defeated Cena at Mania which Triple H hasn't done?

There's many legs for this feud to stand on and it wouldn't be a step down in anyway for Triple H to face Miz. When RAW was going through a really entertaining period around September/October 2011 it really looked like they could have pulled this feud out at Mania. Instead it died off and ended in a boring feud with Nash. Then now it looks like they're doing Triple H/Taker again.. Urgh..

I remember him main eventing a Wrestlemania where he played second-fiddle to his opponent and the guest host of the show, yes. It would do more harm that good to give The Miz a win over Triple H at Wrestlemania. 95% of wrestling fans around the world would rather see Undertaker/Triple H III than Triple H/The Miz.

Of course he was playing second best. Even Triple H would have been the same if he was put into the spot which The Miz was in last year. It was The Rock's return after being away from the the WWE for 7 years and Cena is the face of the company. There's no way Miz can compare to either of those.

We all loved it on here when Rocky returned.. before we all started thinking he was a massive twat. Considering the circumstances I thought The Miz did a good job in the feud and he deserves something good at this years Mania. He's gonna become a bigger star in time and I honestly think he will be a star who will in the future have a similar spot to what Cena has (face of the company, not getting a shit reaction everywhere he goes..)

Well I must be in the 5% of fans then. I really don't want to see Triple H/Taker once again. I didn't enjoy there match last year. I don't feel the two work together very well. Maybe I'm saying that due the appualing matches they had at Insurrextion 2002 and KOTR 2002. Critiquing there Mania feud, I just find it difficult to believe Triple H will be able to defeat Taker. He wasn't able to do it the past 2 times and last year wasn't able to in a No Holds Barred match where his signature weapon has been a Sledgehammer. Even if they throw HBK into the feud as the referee I find it hard to believe that HBK whos been a babyface since returning in 2002 would do anything to hurt Takers streak.

• Paid Members
They could even have a 5 minute match, Foley takes 1 or 2 bumps and Rhodes looks shit hot after defeating him.

How would Rhodes look shit hot beating a broken down old fat guy in 5 minutes? Given Foley's track record the fans will be expecting a brutal epic hardcore match, not a 5 minute squash.

What you would get is Cody Rhodes winning an anti-climatic, slow 5 minute match against an old fat broken down guy. Foley would lose alot of respect and love from the fans and look like shit because they all expected something that neither Foley or the WWE PG environment can be realistically deliver.

But who knows, they might go with it anyway.

I'm skeptical about this whole Shaq vs. Big Show thing and Goldust vs. Rhodes, so until they (Goldy & Shaq) turn up on TV I don't see either match happening, I actually see it being Rhodes vs. Big Show at Wrestlemania.

What I do see happening has been mentioned, HHH vs. Taker, Rock vs. Cena, Punk vs. Jericho, Bryan vs. Sheamus, Phoenix vs. Kharma and Kane vs. Mysterio are all logical 'predictions'.

Another couple of matches I see happening however are Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio as well as the aforementioned Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes. Santino and Mick Foley challenging Epico & Primo although my reasoning to that contains a minor spoiler so won't elaborate and then a final multi man match with all the other superstars who should be on the card. Lets call it a Wrestlemania All star 10 Man tag team match with whoever is upper midcard and not mentioned, so .... R Truth, Kofi Kingston, Brodus Clay, The Great Khali & Zack Ryder vs. The Miz, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger & Christian or Mark Henry if one is no longer injured by Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

Is Mysterio due back for Mania? I didn't think he had been out that long. I would like Goldust and Rhodes to happen, but don't actually think it will. We're bound to get Orton v Barrett, unless they decide to give that away at EC instead of involving them in the Chamber match.

Archived