Wrestlemania 28 Match Predictions

wrestlemania

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who said this? Foley couldnt even put his own socks on, when he was on Wife Swap. He's in a right state at the minute, physically. I've never read anything about a Foley singles match. If they were planning on a Foley match at Mania, he'd have to shift a load of weight and figure out a way to get a good match without using his trademark weapons.

What I imagine, is him teaming with Santino or something like that.

it's been rumored & he is training for a match.

• Paid Members

A bit of "did you know" trivia:

In March 2001, Shawn Michaels was sent home from Smackdown pissed as a fart, and was due to referee the Undertaker vs Triple H match, which would have lead to a match with either Undertaker or Triple H at Backlash (depending on who came out the loser).

In 2011, Shawn Michaels was set to referee the Undertaker vs Triple H match, but plans were changed at the last minute because they wanted a match between these two the following year.

In 2012, there are rumours that Michaels is a lock to referee the Undertaker vs Triple H match this year, because of the above.

Fucking hell, they've wanted Michaels to referee this bastard match for years haven't they?

• Paid Members

Vince just wants to see him in his tiny tight shorts again, like at Backlash. I'm guessing he told Vince "no" after he turned to the Lord. Probably explains why Vince went mental and had that God/Shawn Michaels v the McMahons/Spirit Squad match a few years ago. Vince's way of not only punishing God for taking his top ring boy away, but a message to Shawn too. Maybe.

• Paid Members

The Lord has all the best wrestlers these days. Sting, Shawn Michaels, Road Dogg, Ted DiBiase (the good one), Greg Valentine, Buff Daddy. I think Hogan's on there this week, or that could be a work. Probably is, but perception is reality as they say. I'd rather be riding with the G-to-that-O-to-that-D, than on the otherside these days.

• Paid Members

Foley was always going to referee that, because Vince had sacked him as Commissioner or something. I think Foley was originally meant to wrestle in it, but Shane got drafted in because of the payoff or something. In Foley's shoot interview he says there was a few matches which he didn't do over money issues that year. He was supposed to wrestle Regal over the Commissioner post. Foley had a book to promote as well, so he was always going to get himself on TV that time. I might be wrong, but I think the Smackdown after Foley was announced as the referee was the show Michaels got sent home.

Michaels was actually going to return as a wrestler in 2001. He was scheduled to wrestle at Backlash that year, against Triple H I imagine. Michaels mentions in his book that Triple H and him got into an argument over the condition Michaels was in. Triple H probably had his next few months mapped out, with Michaels playing a big role. Thinking about it, a face Michaels vs a heel Austin would have been exactly what they needed in 2001, considering how little babyfaces there was. And since Triple H and Austin were going to feud, we might have seen a reunion of DX a few years before they actually did it and we might have gotten the nWo vs DX in 2002.

Oh maybe not. Would be have alright, though. WrestleMania 18 would have been worth watching wouldnt it? Hogan vs Rock and Hall and Nash vs Michaels and HHH.

That does sound brilliant. I'd love to see a parallel universe where that came about. It would've really helped stave off the rot that was setting in, but I wonder how it would've gone by 2003. As it was, WWE was still relying heavily on the novelty factor of Shawn Michaels being back, imagine if he'd been full-time for two years by that point. He'd almost definitely have done a feud with Jericho before WrestleMania 19. Edit: I'm probably getting it wrong anyway and he'd have only been back wrestling part-time? Still, what a different year it would've been if HHH and Michaels were there.

Hmm...

Main Event:

The Rock vs. John Cena

Streak vs. Retirement:

Undertaker vs. Triple H (Special Referee: Shawn Michaels, Mike Tyson involvement)

WWE Championship:

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Championship:

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

WWE Divas Championship:

Kharma vs. Beth Pheonix

Mick Foley vs. John Laurenitis

Kane vs. Zach Ryder

Money in the Bank:

The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Mark Henry vs. R-Truth vs. Kofi Kingston

Dark Match Battle Royal:

Brodus Clay wins by eliminating Jack Swagger

Mick Foley can piss off Wrestlemania. Hacksaw Jim Duggan was more mobile than Foley. I'd prefer Hacksaw on mania instead of Foley. I did read somewhere that Santino and Foley will take on Epico and Primo. That wouldn't be too bad I guess.

I'm still not convinced it'll be Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan. Much as i would love to see it, I think it might turn into a 4 Way with Randy Orton and Mark Henry.

Archived