UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Liverpool 5 Remy x 2, Pastore x 2, Forlan

Man Utd 4 Nani, Lopez, Gerrard, Shaqiri

Words cannot describe how enthralling this game was. Man Utd raced into a 3-0 lead in the first half with goals from long range. Debutant Remy who is reunited with boss carmellaisagoddess after his golden boot exploits with Marseille reduced the defecit to go behind 3-1 at half time. Liverpool made some tactical adjustments and laid seige to the Man Utd goal with Remy grabbing another goal, Pastore helping himself to a brace and Forlan scoring against his former employers to put Liverpool 5-3 ahead in astonishing and dramatic fashion. Remy missed some gilt-edged chances to increase the lead and get his hat-trick and this ensured a nervy finish especially when substitute Shaqiri scored to make it 5-4 but Liverpool held on in the end.

Plaudits must go to C/W Mark Please! He took the game to me in style and I predict a strong season for the star studded Man Utd team.

It was such an insane match, my first 3 shots turned into goals, it was the same type of goal each time, my aim was to shoot from range because gaffer is damn good at defending and at 3-0 it was working, I tried getting into position to try and curl in a 4th, but by the time I tried the score was 3-1, at this stage I let the old guard down and totally fell appart in dramatic fashion. Remy and Pastore were tearing up my defence in style and there was nothing I could do about it. Shaqiri seems like a cracking signing scoring in back to back games.

Gaffer played outstanding 2nd half and deserved the win, he showed cutting edge and fighting spirit which could guide him over the line come the end of the season. I'm happy with my performance and aim for a top 6 finish this season, if not top 4.

Well played mate, we always have interesting games dont we? least they dont end 6-0 each time that would be shit. :thumbsup:

Liverpool 5 Remy x 2, Pastore x 2, Forlan

Man Utd 4 Nani, Lopez, Gerrard, Shaqiri

Words cannot describe how enthralling this game was. Man Utd raced into a 3-0 lead in the first half with goals from long range. Debutant Remy who is reunited with boss carmellaisagoddess after his golden boot exploits with Marseille reduced the defecit to go behind 3-1 at half time. Liverpool made some tactical adjustments and laid seige to the Man Utd goal with Remy grabbing another goal, Pastore helping himself to a brace and Forlan scoring against his former employers to put Liverpool 5-3 ahead in astonishing and dramatic fashion. Remy missed some gilt-edged chances to increase the lead and get his hat-trick and this ensured a nervy finish especially when substitute Shaqiri scored to make it 5-4 but Liverpool held on in the end.

Plaudits must go to C/W Mark Please! He took the game to me in style and I predict a strong season for the star studded Man Utd team.

It was such an insane match, my first 3 shots turned into goals, it was the same type of goal each time, my aim was to shoot from range because gaffer is damn good at defending and at 3-0 it was working, I tried getting into position to try and curl in a 4th, but by the time I tried the score was 3-1, at this stage I let the old guard down and totally fell appart in dramatic fashion. Remy and Pastore were tearing up my defence in style and there was nothing I could do about it. Shaqiri seems like a cracking signing scoring in back to back games.

Gaffer played outstanding 2nd half and deserved the win, he showed cutting edge and fighting spirit which could guide him over the line come the end of the season. I'm happy with my performance and aim for a top 6 finish this season, if not top 4.

Well played mate, we always have interesting games dont we? least they dont end 6-0 each time that would be shit. :thumbsup:

I would be surprised if you don't have a strong season because you have certainly showed you are more than capable to mix it with the better rated players and your squad has way too many quality players. It's weird how I thought I kept Messi and Ronaldo fairly subdued but your other players like Nani' Gerrard etc stepped up instead!

Just a reminder that the transfer window closes at midnight. If you agree a deal, both parties must PM stunstone (or me if the deal involves stunstone) by midnight or else the deal won't go through. Free agency pickups/releases must also be posted in this thread by midnight.

You're welcome boss.....

It's been a slow news week with regards to transfer rumours so I'll do a full round up of all the moves during the window. This will prob take place on Wed, in the meantime feel free to stir any shit up or PM me with any rumours or stories....

Week 4 (Monday 20th February -> Sunday 26th February)

Aston Villa v Everton

Brisbane Roar v Torquay

Liverpool v Barcelona

Man Utd v Man City

Middlesbrough v Fiorentina

Norwich v Arsenal

Wolves v Bohemians

Arsenal v Middlesbrough

Barcelona v Norwich

Bohemians v Brisbane Roar

Everton v Man Utd

Fiorentina v Wolves

Man City v Liverpool

Torquay v Aston Villa

Week 3 remainders:

Bohemians v Torquay

Man Utd v Arsenal

Norwich v Fiorentina

Arsenal v Liverpool

Everton v Brisbane Roar

Fiorentina v Bohemians

Middlesbrough v Norwich

Week 2 remainders:

Middlesbrough v Man Utd

Notes:

The table has been updated and is on the first post.

Man City still top the table with defending champ Carmella's Liverpool close behind in second, both now the only two teams with a 100% record. Wolves move up to third and Fiorentina are fourth, whilst Arsenal, with help from an 8-1 win over Aston Villa, are fifth on goal difference. Norwich, Middlesbrough and Torquay still make up the bottom three, with Torquay gaining their first week this week but there's a danger the rest of the league will start pulling away from the bottom three at this early stage of the season.

The biggest fixture this week involves leaders Man City. As well as contesting in a Manchester derby, the top two face off as TapOut and carmella's sides meet each other. One or both will lose their 100% record though hopefully this match will pass without incident given the history between both. Wolves face a tough test to show whether they can keep up with the top two as they meet fourth placed Fiorentina and former double champ wmxxx's Bohemians. There's also a real six-pointer down at the bottom as Norwich face Middlesbrough. It's early doors still but both teams will see this as a great opportunity to kickstart their season after having the opportunity to remould their respective sides in the first transfer window.

Archived