UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wolves 2 - 2 Bohemians Luis Fabiano (2)

Torres (1)

Bent (1)

could have been 4-4 both teams hit the post.

too many draws could be the down fall of wolves this season. :glare:

Its looking like this will be my most disappointing season in a UKFF league as i dropped more points in a game i was 2-0 up. It was a fair result though and probably the best game i've had over the seasons with good attacking play by both teams.

I will be available from 4 tomorrow plus the weekend for my other games. Just pm me or comment in here to arrange a time.

I can honestly say that I wasn't trying to make out that I am the one putting the effort in playing our game whereas in fact you are the 1st guy this season who has initiated playing 1 of my fixtures. My point is you reportedly said to your buddy that I'm avoiding playing you which isn't the case whatsoever. We both know each others availability and sunday evening will probably be the most suitable day for the both of us.

His buddy? By that do you mean moi? I wouldn't call us buddies.....anyway, as stated in the disclaimer at the top some of what was reported was twisted, added and plagurised for shits and giggles so don't quote Tapout on that 100%. Now play nice boys.

To be fair, I was quoted word for word even if it was taken out of context! I am playing nice and trying my level best to ensure nothing spirals out of control pre or post-match. Hopefully it says as peaceful as it has been for the good of the league.

ASTON VILLA 2 EVERTON 3

Scorers..........Edinson Cavani x2 alex Falco x2

How i got out of this game with a win is beyond me . I thought my team were second best for long spells of the game but the recalled cavani showed i drop him at my peril with a man of the match performance

Torquay 3 - 1 Aston Villa

Torquay responded to their thrashing by Brisbane in the right fashion as they secured their first win of the season against a spirited Villa side. The Gulls forced a corner early on and when the ball was cleared Joao Moutinho crossed the ball back in for an umarked, if suspiciously offside, Giorgio Chiellini to nod home the opener. Torquay had the best of the play early on but almost conceded an equaliser in Villa's first real attack halfway through the half when Falcao's effort was well saved by Akinfeev. From the resulting corner Villa almost equalised again, but their player's header was cleared off the line. After some Villa pressure Torquay gave themselves some breathing room in the 31st minute when Pazzini's effort when through on goal was parried out to the edge of the area where Di Natale picked his spot and put the ball into an open net. Six minutes later Villa had a mountain to climb when a Torquay counterattack led to Walcott's throughball finding Nasri, who blasted the ball past the Villa 'keeper. Villa almost pulled one back in injury time but a good chance was saved by Akinfeev.

Villa started the second half the better side, with Igor Akinfeev have to make three excellent saves early in the half, though perhaps the Villa attackers, Falcao in particular, were a little wasteful. Torquay were happy to soak up pressure and break down attacks at times but also had their fair share of attacks and forced a number of corners. After a slew of subs from both sides, Welliton almost made it four for The Gulls, but his long range effort was excellently tipped over by Joe Hart. Villa kept trying to get back into the game late on but Torquay looked to be getting a clean sheet until a cut out pass from the back was played to Defoe who sped through on goal to curl it around Akinfeev. Thankfully for Torquay it was too late in the game to affect the result. It was an even game overall and a draw would have been a fair result, but for once Torquay's clinical finishing made the difference.

Torquay scorers: Chiellini (8'), Di Natale (31'), Nasri (37')

Villa scorer: Defoe (90')

Playstation Network offline - March 1st:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a3...-next-week.html

PlayStation Network will go offline next week.

The maintenance period is scheduled for 4pm GMT (8am PST) on Thursday, March 1 until 7am GMT the following morning (or 11pm PST on March 1).

PlayStation Home will be completely unavailable, while the PlayStation Store, customer account management and user registration will also be affected.

Users wishing to play online during the period must sign into PlayStation Network before maintenance begins.

The PlayStation Network has undergone a series of short maintenance periods since last year's hack which saw personal information and credit card information taken.

They are related to heightened security measures implemented by former Homeland Security chief Philip Reitinger.

Bohemians 0 - 1 Torquay

In an end to a bizarre week, The Gulls beat former double champ wmxxx's Bohemians and even more surprisingly deserved their victory. Torquay attacked from the kickoff and opened the scoring in the fourth minute with a touch of luck when an attempted through ball bounced back off a defender and fell back to Giampaolo Pazzini, the Italian made no mistake in grabbing the opportunity and giving the Gulls a shock early lead. Expecting a Bohemians onslaught it was The Gulls who had the upper hand for most of the half with several decent opportunities squandered, including a low cross placed agonisingly wide of the post by a sliding Pazzini. At the break Torquay led the game and outshot Bohemians 11 to 2.

The second half was more even. Torquay continued to have some decent attacks though and hit the post twice during the half, including from six yards and a Joao Moutinho shot which rebounded back to only to see his second effort bounce off the woodwork. In the last 15-20 minutes Bohemians pressed for an equaliser and won a few corners, from one of them a header looked destined for the net until it was cleared off the line. Torquay had some decent counterattacks but Bohemians did come close to equalising when Walter Samuel somehow managed to nick the ball of a striker's foot right at the last minute. One definite positive for The Gulls was their defending, which was much improved from the Brisbane game and resulted in a hard earned clean sheet, their first of the season.

Torquay scorer: Pazzini (4')

• Paid Members

Not sure if this got put up from a few days ago, but,

Norwich 3-0 Middlesborough

(Gomez x2, Pedro)

First win and first clean sheet online in a age. Boro have a cracking side but just can't seem to find the net at the moment. I was lucky enough to score practically from the kick off, Pedro scoring almost straight away, before Mario Gomez went on an awesome run from near the half way line before getting the second. He scored the third from a corner and I was 3-0 up before half time. It was mostly 'Boro in the second half but Neuer kept making some decent saves or he just had some bad luck with the post. Delighted with the win and I think the transfers I made in the window have boosted my team tenfold!

Archived