UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There wont be any silly shenanigans anymore either way.

There has never been any silly shenanigans instigated by me to begin with. I would just defend myself when wrongfuly accused as any normal rational person would do. PM me or post on this thread if you are ever online during the day or after 2am (when I unfortunately finish work) throughout this week. If not, then will play you on the weekend. Same applies to Foxpiss!

The anticipation levels are growing.....as their has been a slow news week apart from the transfer window deals then the anticipation and build up for this impending fixture may take precedence in this weeks transfer nipple.....

Who is your money on to win? both are quality players and both are in Division 1 online. I'd love a draw myself so it builds anticipation for the rematch later in the season!

You'll see all the prematch build up in tomorrow's edition of the 'Nipple.' I have a scoop and a half also as this evening I have managed to obtain comments on the game from BOTH managers! All this and more tomorrow....!

On to the footy.....

Everton 0 - 1 Brisbane Roar Higuain

A scrappy affair as I've found my games against rohpete's charges usually are. It was a pretty even contest for the most part and looked destined to finish goaless. The referee decided he wanted to make a name for himself and start dishing out very soft yellow cards, two of which were brandished to Everton's Alex and the Brazilian was off halfway through the first half. It didn't really work in my favour though as Everton gave as good as they got and it took a formation change to my old 'Wolfsburg' setup to bring a goal. As fate would have it ex Everton striker Gonzalo Higuain, making his first appearance for Brisbane since his move from Goodison Park was the man to find the net. On another day Everton would've got something out of this game though.

Brisbane Roar 9 - 2 Torquay Utd Pazzini (2)

Higuain (4)

Ibrahimovic (4)

Ozil

A pretty insane match played before a hostile Torquay crowd. The Gulls were in front early doors through Pazzini and Brisbane feared the worst when the Italian made in two after just 12 minutes!! Torquay were quick into tackles, not giving Roar time to settle on the ball. A quick change to 'The Wolfsburg' and suddenly Brisbane looked a different team. The slick passing came back and the pace of Mata and Robben suddenly posed a threat. What followed were a couple of quick Higuain goals and Roar were level. With confidence at a premium they didn't stop there and neither did the new boy Higuain - he scored another couple before half time with Ibrahimovic also adding one. The second half took a while for Brisbane to get going and Torquay showed they were by no means dead with some nice moves that with a better finisher would've proved fruitful. At the other end it seemed like all Brisbane needed was a shot and it would result in a goal - Ozil adding one more and a further 3 more from Ibra followed suit. All in all, I think 9 was harsh on TUFC. As I explained to him, I've been playing quite well with this side online and against AI and whilst I've been playing some lovely football and creating chances we've been very wasteful. Tonight it all just fell into place.

Brisbane Roar 9 - 2 Torquay

A game which looked like it was going to be an routine Gulls win early on turned into a rout as new 'keeper Igor Akinfeev was forced to pick the ball out of his net nine times, though he couldn't really be blamed for any of them. Torquay opened the scoring in the tenth minute when on a counter Samir Nasri's perfect throughball set Giampaolo Pazzini free and the Italian scored on his Torquay debut. A change of formation couldn't help a shellshocked Brisbane side as straight from kickoff Torquay won back the ball and a cross from the left was knocked goalwards by Pazzini, but the Brisbane 'keeper kept it out but couldn't keep out Pazzini's effort from the rebound. This seemed to wake Brisbane up and they started to have the better of the game. Higuain pulled one back after the ball was cut back to him in the area, and then some quick interplay from the Brisbane frontline lead to Higuain getting behind the Torquay defence to score three more in the half and Ibrahimovic also added one.

After the half it was more of the same. Ozil and Ibrahimovic scored two quick goals to make it 7-2. After this Torquay's defence tightened up which lead to some good interceptions and prevented further embarrassment. Up the other end, sub Welliton on his debut missed several gilt-edged chances to make the score slightly more respectable. Despite their best efforts Torquay's defence couldn't stop Ibrahimovic powering through twice more to make it 9-2, the final goal coming in injury time. Brisbane definitely deserved their win, though perhaps not by seven goals, but their superior finishing and frontline play was enough to thrash this Gulls side, with Torquay manager TUFCfan happy not to have to see Higuain for a while as it's the second time he's performed well against them this season.

Brisbane scorers: Higuain (19', 28', 33', 43'), Ibrahimovic (40', 53'. 72' 90'), Ozil (51')

Torquay scorers: Pazzini (10', 12')

City finally beaten

Man United 5 Man City 3

Red card for Matts Hummels in the first half, and two goals in the first 5 minutes for Messi, City came back to take the lead, but the extra man counted in the end, Benzema missed a pen for the first time this season!

Mirko Vucinic x2

Karim Benzema

City finally beaten

Man United 5 Man City 3

Red card for Matts Hummels in the first half, and two goals in the first 5 minutes for Messi, City came back to take the lead, but the extra man counted in the end, Benzema missed a pen for the first time this season!

Mirko Vucinic x2

Karim Benzema

Good game man, as soon as I hit the post it changed the game cause you went 3-2 ahead then I took over, deserved that, stats said it all, best i've played so far in fairness plus Julio Cesar made an almighty save from a Benzema penalty. It did not look like a penalty to begin with as the City player just seemed to fall to the ground, minimal contact, justice was served.

Goals

Man Utd 5

Messi (3), Gerrard, Luisao

Man City 3

Benzema

Vucinic (2)

It's not often a diehard Liverpool fan says this.....THANK YOU MANCHESTER UNITED!!

Adds even more pressure on Man City to get a positive result against Liverpool.

Your welcome, nah in fairness I kept playing like I did against you, Messi now has back to back hat-tricks, 7 goals this season so far!

Plus my hatred of Man City played a huge part! United for life! :)

Arsenal & Middlesbrough let me know when you can play? we need these games out the way cause I aint settling for 2 draws here!

As I explained to him, I've been playing quite well with this side online and against AI and whilst I've been playing some lovely football and creating chances we've been very wasteful. Tonight it all just fell into place.

The most shocking thing was how dominantly you ripped my defence apart. I used the same formation that served me well against blackcountrywwfc but I was powerless to stop you, particularly with those last few goals when Ibrahimovic came in from the flank and powered his way in. If you perform like that on a regular basis you'll be challenging for a top two finish. Having scored the winner against me for Everton and four against me tonight I'm thinking of introducing a no Higuains rule for next season though :laugh:

After tough games against wmxxx and TezzRexx that I've still got to play, at least I've got two easy games to look forward to next week against Liverpool and Man Utd :):confused::omg::crazy:

sorry i haven't been around to play my games, having to work a lot at the minute. I will be availabe wed/thu afternoon before 6 then im free from friday to monday. If you can let me know best time to play you i'll make myself available.

Archived