Chelsea 2-1 Sunderland

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke City

Manchester United 4-0 Bolton Wanderers

Swansea City 1-2 Arsenal (Sunday 4pm)

Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

West Bromwich Albion 1-1 Norwich City

Serie A

Genoa 1-2 Udinese (Sunday 2pm)

AC Milan 2-2 Internazionale (Sunday 7:45pm)

Premier League

Aston Villa 2 v 0 Everton

Blackburn Rovers 1 v 1 Fulham

Chelsea 2 v 0 Sunderland

Liverpool 2 v 0 Stoke City

Manchester United 4 v 0 Bolton Wanderers

Swansea City 0 v 3 Arsenal (Sunday 4pm)

Tottenham Hotspur 4 v 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

West Bromwich Albion 2 v 1 Norwich City

Serie A

Genoa 1 v 1 Udinese (Sunday 2pm)

AC Milan 1 v 0 Internazionale (Sunday 7:45pm)

Premier League

Aston Villa 1-2 Everton

Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Fulham

Chelsea 2-2 Sunderland

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke City

Manchester United 3-0 Bolton Wanderers

Swansea City 1-2 Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers

West Bromwich Albion 1-0 Norwich City

Serie A

Genoa 1-2 Udinese

Milan 2-0 Inter

Premier League

Aston Villa 0-1 Everton

Blackburn Rovers 0-2 Fulham

Chelsea 2-1 Sunderland

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke City

Manchester United 4-0 Bolton Wanderers

Swansea City 1-2 Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

West Bromwich Albion 1-1 Norwich City

Serie A

Genoa 1-2 Udinese

Milan 3-1 Inter

Premier League

Aston Villa 1-1 Everton

Blackburn Rovers 2-1 Fulham

Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland

Liverpool 1-1 Stoke City

Manchester United 3-0 Bolton Wanderers

Swansea City 1-2 Arsenal (Sunday 4pm)

Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Serie A

Genoa 0-2 Udinese (Sunday 2pm)

AC Milan 3-2 Internazionale (Sunday 7:45pm)

Premier League

Aston Villa 2 v 1 Everton

Blackburn Rovers 1 v 1 Fulham

Chelsea 2 v 1 Sunderland

Liverpool 1 v 1 Stoke City

Manchester United 2 v 1 Bolton Wanderers

Swansea City 1 v 2 Arsenal (Sunday 4pm)

Tottenham Hotspur 2 v 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

West Bromwich Albion 1 v 2 Norwich City

Serie A

Genoa 1 v 2 Udinese (Sunday 2pm)

AC Milan 1 v 1 Internazionale (Sunday 7:45pm)

Premier League

Aston Villa 1-0 Everton

Blackburn Rovers 1-0 Fulham

Chelsea 1-0 Sunderland

Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City

Manchester United 1-0 Bolton Wanderers

Swansea City 0-2 Arsenal (Sunday 4pm)

Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Serie A

Genoa 1-0 Udinese (Sunday 2pm)

AC Milan 1-0 Internazionale (Sunday 7:45pm)

The final scores went into the first post soon after last night's final match was over, and the table followed a few hours later. Maybe I was a bit harsh calling this a boring round, because some of the results were rather interesting and indeed surprising, meaning scoring was on the low side. The only participant into double figures was brownie. I know I should offer him belated congratulations for getting engaged last week, but surely an equally great honour is being a weekly top scorer in the FPL? At the other end of the scale was Haraga with only a solitary point this time out. In the overall standings, smp still leads while sivy has rediscovered his terrible form of last season and slips notably to fifth. Assuming joe mills has given up, El Espanacas will be left 6 points adrift of tom at the bottom.

Why such a poor week for most players then? It's easier to list the results which proved quite fruitful: Villa and Everton's draw, Chelsea's narrow home win and United's more comfortable one. Elsewhere there were varying levels of unforeseeable outcomes. After Genoa overcame high-flying Udinese in a five-goal thriller, Inter were victorious in the San Siro despite being classified as the 'away' side in this edition of the derby. Closer to home Swansea shocked the Gunners, 10-man Blackburn upset Fulham and Stoke frustrated their hosts at Anfield. Meanwhile Spurs' failure to see off Wolves and the Baggies' surrender to Norwich at home also turned out to be less than helpful for most people.

===

Now I always say I don't want this to turn into a personal blog, but I mentioned back in the summer that I didn't know what my internet access situation would be from roughly the end of January, and apart from a scare when I first got to Austria 3 and a half months ago, there's been no reason for any of you to give it any more thought. In the past week I have discovered details about the flat I'll be staying in in Spain from the 30th of this month. The most important of these is that it has no wireless access. If my flatmate (whom I've yet to meet) and I decide it's worth paying to get it set up for the 6 months-ish I'm over there, it could still take a while to get going which will mean some disruption to this until roughly mid-February. If I don't get wireless at all then it'll depend on my timetable as I'll be relying on uni computers, but the biggest change would probably be that new threads will be started sometime around Wednesday instead of first thing in the morning.

So the present situation is: next 2 weeks' cards will be posted as normal, as will next week's update. After that it's anybody's guess what will happen, but at the very least the table and write-up for Week 26 will be very late. I'll definitely send the set of 10 for Week 27 to Harvey Dent in case I can't post it within a reasonable time before Feb 4th, and if the worst comes to the worst I'd need him or someone else to take over for the rest of the season. But I'm hopeful that won't be necessary. And before anyone points it out, I know you can get the internet on iPods and mobiles and such these days, but I'm old fashioned enough to only use those for music and phone calls respectively. So that's not an option for me.

Anyway, Week 25, the last one definitely not to be affected by all this travelling malarkey, will be up early on Wednesday as per usual. There's still no D2D, but the French Cup with its lack of replays is back for another round already. See y'all then.

• Paid Members
The only participant into double figures was brownie. I know I should offer him belated congratulations for getting engaged last week, but surely an equally great honour is being a weekly top scorer in the FPL?

Equally? It's far greater.

Can't believe I was the only person to go for a Swansea win.

Archived