Under rated stuff

tom

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

In one of Raven's myriad of shoot interviews, he talks about the Tantanka vs. Luger program from 1994 - brilliantly executed, but kinda died because of the talent involved. Someone really ought to polish off that angle for use nowadays - if done right with two top guys, it could be a thing of beauty.

• Paid Members

You tend to forget that Tatanka had a Goldberg-esque winning streak before he turned heel. Even got out of doing the job to Michaels at Mania!

Ground Zero 1997!

Really enjoyed the main event. The other thing i most remember is the neckbreaker that missed by miles in the triple threat match between faarooq, savio and crush that was hilarious

I think JBL's entire main event run is underrated, due to the decline in business it caused, and the fact that he was no Lesnar. The fact that he went in a matter of weeks from midcard tag team wrestler to main event champion in a couple of months is astounding. The initial booking of it was woeful, but JBL's body of work was definitely up to par. By the time WM21 rolled around he was greatly over, the perfect foil for Cena to win the title, and he delivered very good matches in 2005 with Cena, Batista, and a criminally underrated battle with Rey Mysterio at No Mercy.

I really enjoyed his title run but some of his matches weren't always good but his character was nailed on. We shouldn't forget the I Quit Match vs Cena at Judgment Day 2005 was class

Also I want to throw in the MVP and Matt Hardy fued in 2007/08 for being under rated. They had some good segments, good matches and I enjoyed their Tag Title reign

• Paid Members

You tend to forget that Tatanka had a Goldberg-esque winning streak before he turned heel. Even got out of doing the job to Michaels at Mania!

I'd forgotten just how long a run Tatanka had, actually. Great match at WM9, that, as well.

Really enjoyed Stevie Richards 'Stevie Night Heat' run as self appointed GM on Heat. The story goes that Steph McMahon killed it after discovering it had been ongoing as she never watched the shows, of course you're all free to correct me on that. But like Zack Ryder now it was nice to see Stevie take his intiative and do something off his own back while the powers that be ignore your existance.

Really enjoyed Stevie Richards 'Stevie Night Heat' run as self appointed GM on Heat. The story goes that Steph McMahon killed it after discovering it had been ongoing as she never watched the shows, of course you're all free to correct me on that. But like Zack Ryder now it was nice to see Stevie take his intiative and do something off his own back while the powers that be ignore your existance.

Heat was brilliant in 2003-2005. We had it on Sky One every Sunday and it usually had some decent action. Val Venis was on it most weeks and gave a decent match. Maven was floating about being shit but you'd get a decent match with the likes of Test & Venis every now and then. I also recall Triple H putting his title on the line against someone shit, I think it might of been Maven. Of course you can't forget Stevie Night being Electric Chair Dropped onto his head by Heindrech (spelling?)

Even got out of doing the job to Michaels at Mania!

HBK jobs for everyone at mania his record is 6 wins and 11 losses.Anyway back onto underrated matches - i have always loved the RVD/Austin/Angle triple threat match from No Mercy 2001. Another forgotten gem (and i wish they would have put it on one of the ladder match dvds) is the Scott Hall V Goldberg Ladder match from Souled Our 99.

Archived