[Nominations] Biggest Anti-Climax of 2011

Chest Rockwell

Wrestling Matters - when they came out with that slogan, I thought it meant we'd get more matches, but actually led to MORE promos!!

Christians push - he's done stirling work this year, but was never allowed a clean victory over Randy (who has since jobbed cleanly to Barrett and Henry) and was then pushed down to jobber to Sheamus

Daniel Bryan post MITB - MITB looked like it could be a turning point for Bryan, but since then he's had a SS defeat and then become Mr Dark Match at PPV's

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Bobby Roode at BFG. Yeah, I've enjoyed his run since then, but it really destroyed the whole event. Everyone had been looking to see Roode finally make it and win the big one at TNA's Wrestlemania. TNA will never have a better chance to build up a homegrown hero, and I doubt the fans will be as invested in any future Rocky-like storylines like this one, because we were robbed of our feelgood moment. There was a thousand ways they could have turned Roode heel that involved him winning the title. The fued with Storm was rushed too.

2. "OMFG IT'S STING" - I knew in my heart of hearts, it was going to be Taker, but I'm not going to try and admit I didn't turn into the 10-year-old kid watching WCW Worldwide who dreamt of Sting vs. Undertaker, marking out furiously. When Taker came out, my heart sank. I still think they were meant for Sting and re-cobbled for Taker when Sting pulled out.

3. Miz/Cena WM 27 - If you had said 15 years ago that one day the Wrestlemania Main Event Title match would involve a double countout finish, you'd have been laughed out the building. This began the wave of hate I've began to feel for The Rock over the last year, as this just reeked of self-promotion on The Rock's part and the fact it seemed to just serve as a storyline device to build up next year's main event was just terrible. I was really enjoying the match up until the countout nonsense, and it just flatlined. Absolute gash.

Definitely the entire follow-up to CM Punk's MITB win.

Near misses:

Bound for Glory (a massive let-down, but the follow-up has been so good that I forgive them. Pretty much the antithesis of the MITB PPV/follow-up scenario).

The Wrestlemania main event (a huge wet fart of an ending, but once you've already made a Wrestlemania world title match headlined by the fucking Miz, there's no way it can end particularly well).

I scanned through the thread and can't see any previous posts from me, but if I have already posted suggestions and am thus causing them all to be discounted, so be it. Anyway:

1. The Rock's return. He was good that first night back, then he ruined WrestleMania, had a very pointless birthday bash, and by the time his in-ring return at Survivor Series came about, nobody was that bothered about him.

2. CM Punk's Insider Refs mega-push.

3. The general "Triple H is COO" mess. As well as its involvement with the above, you had the Nash return that went nowhere, the dodgy three-count on Cena at SummerSlam that was never brought back up, the Awesome Truth storyline, etc etc.

Robert Roode at Bound For Glory. Felt so dejected by such a flat fart of an ending that I haven't gone back to TNA since.

Pity has covered just about all I wanted to say a few up too, the very Russo-ish booking from the night after MITB regarding HHH and the ups and downs of the belts and company as a whole. Way too cluttered and scattershot with the writing, lots of a frustrating tiny plotholes that made it conistently difficult to connect with the angle.

EDIT: Apart from the white hot Nash/HHH payoff at TLC. That thing rocked my fucking balls.

Edited by NEWM