WWE Talent Wellness Program

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
LITTLE JIMMY?!!

In accordance with the Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Ron Killings (R-Truth) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company

I wasn't aware of that, are you sure? I can only recall him being suspended twice, but he's had injury time too, so could get mixed up.

I recall there being a couple of Orton suspensions that were drug-related but weren't counted as Wellness suspensions, no idea if it was all bollocks though.

Of course there is a double standard. You reckon they'll put their top draws on the shelf for a month for a fail? We don't need to like it but I see why they don't do it.

If it's not a system that applies to everyone, then why bother having it at all? The point of the thing in the first place was to catch out habitual drug users so they didn't die in hotel rooms on WWE tours, which was getting hugely embarassing for the company, and catching attention from places like Congress.

If they let, say, Cena do what he wants and then HE drops dead, then all the policy has done is to continue to dripfeed the druggy lifestyle of wrestlers month in and month out into the press. Let's not forget that it was a headlining main eventer, Guererro, whose death prompted this in the first place.

Archived