GPW: "Do Or Die" - Dec 2nd, Rose Club, Wigan

chrisisfear

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With GPW's last show of the year and Christmas fast approaching, GPW are offering two fantastic offers to all UKFF members:-

• 50% discount on DVD's, when you use discount code of WIN11, (valid between the 4th December and the 14th December 2011, restricted to one order per customer).
  • 25% discount on DVD's, when you use discount code of DD20, (valid between the 04/12/2011 and 14/12/2011, multiple orders allowed).

Now there's every reason to buy all the fantastic GPW DVD's.

GPW's ongoing offers UKFF members are:-

• 20% off DVD's (one order per customer) when you use discount code UKFFNEW at the checkout
  • 10% off all orders, when you use discount code UKFF10 at the checkout

Our last show of 2011 is TOMORROW night!

We've seen 6, and a half shows so far this year! MOTY's, broken rings, returns, falls outs, departures, controversy, historic match number 500, dancing zombies, 2 massive title changes, debuts, problems with our neighbours, the birth of the NWRL, a total of 39 matches (which should have really been 42... see broken rings for more info...) and much, much more!

Find out what the final show of the year has in store before we close the book on 2011. More title changes? Maybe. Caskets? Definately. New No.1 Contender to the Heavyweight Title? The floor is yours...

See you tomorrow!

If I had to describe this show in one word. It would be Random.

Some great stuff, the best for me was Bin Mann and Gallagher. Great promo at the start gave Bin Mann more support than he already had, he was easily the most over face there. The DDL v Dirk match was good, but the Kirby payoff was better.

Some ok stuff, the Diamond match I hope wil lead to a bigger feud with him and Hope.

Cyanide challenge to me was a waste of time, it did nothing in my opinion to boost him or the others who got annihialted by him.

Heresy v Voodoo well it was never going to be a classic but was funny enough and Heresy's dives are the best for such a big guy

Overall a decent end to 2012 for gpw

Enjoyed myself last night, quite a lot to digest story wise but pretty good regardless.

Gallagher's promo at the start of his match with Binman was first class. Binman did fantastic in the match and I think they both did well to blend the styles into a solid match. The win at the end was a huge shock and great response from the crowd. Love to see Logan and Binman to go at it now for the strap.

Dirk/DDL was good, as was Kirby/Bubblegum. The MITB at the end was a fantastic end and paid off well, Dirk's Masterplan seemed to fall apart!

Looking foward to 2012 now, should be a belter!

By far the weakest show i've ever seen GPW produce in the 3 years i've attended. To be fair tho, GPW at their weakest is still better than 90% of other promotions in the UK. Just felt like a really subdued show with some strange booking choices. That being said, im not 'in the know' as to where any of its going and the smallish crowd probably didn't help to lift the atmosphere.

I did really enjoy Kirby winning the strap, a fine end to the show. It helps freshen up a quickly turning stale division, and Kirby has worked his arse off each and every time hes stepped in a GPW ring so its about time he got a big push. He's a credit to the UK scene.

L.A Austin undoubtedly stole the show with his dazzling aerial ability and im interested to see how he progresses over the next year.

Didn't agree with the Bin Man win at all. Nothing against Bin Man, he's very competant for his experince and is obviously over as hell, but beating one of the best in the country (who in turn beat one of the best in Europe last month) seems a strange booking choice to me. The juries still out on this one.

In my opinion, GPW has had its strongest year ever this year, certainly from an in-ring perspective so fingers crossed next year picks up the pace even moreso

I think thought Gallagher doesn't need that strap IMO. He'll step up his game now in the New Year and more than likely go for Kirby's strap.

Putting the strap on Bin Mann makes a lot of sense, he's over to hell, had a good push, the crowd love him, and what he does he does really well. As for Logan challenging him, well I have to disagree.

There was just too many "rookie" errors in that 8 man "rookie" match to justify any of them going for the British title apart from JD Sassoon, he has performed well every time I've seen him this year.

Archived