Preston City Wrestling - Festive Fury 03/12/11

fludder99

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uhhh........ Yeah.

Think I would've preferred a Nigel vs Manson singles match.

Sorry but you've lost me on this announcement.

Without attending 1 of our previous shows it would be hard to explain how the other 3 are more over than anybody in PCW. Im happy with the match choice as it offers something different. The 6 man MITB and T-Bone v Whippy will provide more than enough for a wrestling fix.

Uhhh........ Yeah.

May I ask, have you seen any of the former PCW stuff with Manson & Bailey? They make a very enjoyable team to watch and are insanely over with the crowd. Really starting to become a high point for any PCW show, and I personally expect nothing else but a great match at the next show.

Uhhh........ Yeah.

Without attending 1 of our previous shows it would be hard to explain how the other 3 are more over than anybody in PCW. Im happy with the match choice as it offers something different. The 6 man MITB and T-Bone v Whippy will provide more than enough for a wrestling fix.

Uhhh........ Yeah.

May I ask, have you seen any of the former PCW stuff with Manson & Bailey? They make a very enjoyable team to watch and are insanely over with the crowd. Really starting to become a high point for any PCW show, and I personally expect nothing else but a great match at the next show.

As Steve and Adam said, Nigels actually being put in a match with the most over wrestlers on our roster.

Last show we had matches such as Lionheart vs Travis and BT Gunn vs Joey Hayes, and when the fans were asked what part of the show they were most interested in, the majority said an Angle with Dave Rayne and Disco Madness(Manson and Bailey)!

Uhhh........ Yeah.

As much as i dislike 2 of the participants in this match and believe they offer fuck all i can see why steve's made this match he's giving something for all of yas the smarks will love whippy vs tbone and the 6 man mitb match that'll ensure they get their wrestling fix

THIS match isn't aimed at the smarks though it'll send the families home happy give the kids something to laugh at. To say he lost you because he's made a tag match is more mental than a adam bowler promo.

Uhhh........ Yeah.

As much as i dislike 2 of the participants in this match and believe they offer fuck all i can see why steve's made this match he's giving something for all of yas the smarks will love whippy vs tbone and the 6 man mitb match that'll ensure they get their wrestling fix

THIS match isn't aimed at the smarks though it'll send the families home happy give the kids something to laugh at. To say he lost you because he's made a tag match is more mental than a adam bowler promo.

The "smarks"? You really seem to love that term Hitman. Perhaps you are aware the S is supposed to stand for "smart"? No wonder you distance yourself so from the term.

And no I have not been to a single PCW show.

I am an outsider who has been following previous PCW shows and you do look to have some good shows under your belt and a good reputation building. The travel and funds have prevented me from attending any of your prior shows, but I do want to make one of your shows in the future.

Nigel was a big thing. As someone who has followed his career closely and was fortunate enough to be at his last ROH TV appearence, I do want the chance to see him as many times as possible. But with IPW:UK and SWE already locked in, unfortunately funds are tight so I'd need a *big* justification to make it three shows in three weeks.

I'd already posted the matches I would have loved to see Nigel in. Marquee matches against some of the best UK names available for what may be a first and last time only deal. Now I probably am being selfish in wanting the "best" matches available for Nigel, when it is unknown in regards to Nigel's over-all fitness (he is retiring for a reason) so to request him in marquee matches on back to back nights may be more harm than good.

I accept that and can see why he's placed in a tag match. But, like you said, the other three involved are over with the crowd. But, and I do admit my selfishness here, perhaps another name could have been included as Rayne's partner, such as a Dean Allmark freeing up Dave Mastiff so you have a *big* marquee singles match that may drum up more interest and furthermore DVD sales for any fans of the BritWres scene who would love to see what a McGuinness/Mastiff match looked like.

But I will not argue against your booking. There does appear to be a rhyme and a reason to it. It's just unfortunate that you "lost" me as Nigel's matches are my main drawing point right now. I can see it being very entertaining, and Manson vs Nigel sections have the potential to be comedy gold.

The 6-man does look great, Whiplash vs T-Bone should be solid because I'm not yet sold on T-Bone, and Mastiff vs Allmark I believe has been done a lot for ASW so I have no doubt they've got a formulea that works and will treat the fans to a good match.

But as a total outsider who unfortunately would not be able to attend as many PCW shows as I'd like - and trust me, if this was last year, I would have been at them all - I just needed an extra little special something to force my hand.

a lot of people have overlooked the fact that Nigel has not wrestled in along time for"whatever reason" so maybe people should consider weather hes "up" for top quality matches....remember this is his retirement tour!

This.

The guy is retiring for a reason which makes it logical for him to be tagging with people rather than doing a singles match which I feel will deliver and potentially keep him from potentially being injured further.

I think it's a sound booking call by Fludder.

Now I probably am being selfish in wanting the "best" matches available for Nigel, when it is unknown in regards to Nigel's over-all fitness (he is retiring for a reason) so to request him in marquee matches on back to back nights may be more harm than good..

So overlooked it was overlooked in my earlier diatribe.

Archived