John Morrison News

xear

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I never trust the phrase "it's believed" - it's believed by who? The people who copy and paste stories to the site? Regardless, surely it wouldn't be in WWE's best interests to let him go, he'd be an asset to the TNA roster if they so wished to sign him, and the WWE roster is already paper-thin.

I never trust the phrase "it's believed" - it's believed by who? The people who copy and paste stories to the site? Regardless, surely it wouldn't be in WWE's best interests to let him go, he'd be an asset to the TNA roster if they so wished to sign him, and the WWE roster is already paper-thin.

I think it's safe to say that until someone helps raise TNA's ratings WWE aren't too bothered about that.

When CM Punk was believed to be leaving, he wound up as WWE Champion. This is a good move by Morrison.

Risky strategy though. I remember when I worked at Gamestation, the Assistant Manager told the Area Manager he was planning on leaving soon, and they gave him a raise to get him to stay. Then the Store Manager told the Area Manager he was planning on leaving and they were very happy to accept his resignation.

It's basically exactly the same situation in every way.

TNA probably wouldnt think twice about having JoMo doing Starship Pain from the top of the stage just to get a pop out of the Orlando fuckwits.

Its been stop start with him for years in WWE. Hes a good looking guy and keeps himself inshape all the time, only thing that truely holds him back is when he talks. Personality of a digestive biscuit

• Paid Members
TNA probably wouldnt think twice about having JoMo doing Starship Pain from the top of the stage just to get a pop out of the Orlando fuckwits.

Its been stop start with him for years in WWE. Hes a good looking guy and keeps himself inshape all the time, only thing that truely holds him back is when he talks. Personality of a digestive biscuit

The Dirt Sheet stuff he was doing with Miz at the time was absolutely grand. He's capable but ever since he turned babyface he just seems to have really struggled with that side of his game. A heel turn of sorts might do him so good, and he can relax some of the kung fu business and maybe learn a thing or two about timing.

The Dirt Sheet stuff he was doing with Miz at the time was absolutely grand.

The clue is in bold.

He's capable but ever since he turned babyface he just seems to have really struggled with that side of his game. A heel turn of sorts might do him so good, and he can relax some of the kung fu business and maybe learn a thing or two about timing.

He was never anything other than totally shit when it came to talking as a heel, either. Every single speech he has ever made has been terrible. The only times he was vaguely tolerable as a talker were on the Dirt Sheet, which wasn't the same format as a wrestling promo, and he had someone with actual confidence and charisma and speaking ability holding his hand.

• Paid Members
The Dirt Sheet stuff he was doing with Miz at the time was absolutely grand.

The clue is in bold.

He's capable but ever since he turned babyface he just seems to have really struggled with that side of his game. A heel turn of sorts might do him so good, and he can relax some of the kung fu business and maybe learn a thing or two about timing.

He was never anything other than totally shit when it came to talking as a heel, either. Every single speech he has ever made has been terrible. The only times he was vaguely tolerable as a talker were on the Dirt Sheet, which wasn't the same format as a wrestling promo, and he had someone with actual confidence and charisma and speaking ability holding his hand.

I dug him as a comedy heel at least, i.e when he talked about eating enlightenment and crapping thunder. You're right about Miz being a key part of that whole thing, but at the time I don't remember him getting as much praise for it.

Maybe if JoMo had a manager that'd give him a renewed spring in his step. I actually think he'd fit in well with the likes of Vickie and Dolph. If nothing else, Morrison can become a bumping machine similar to Dolph, just with less personality.

I liked the idea of his entourage that he had in ECW, but it never went anywhere. I think it's because he's better suited to being in someone else's entourage. All his flippy stunty stuff is far better suited to him being a babyface, and he's not got much else in his arsenal so he's best off as he is. He's actually fine the way he is right now, except everyone expects more from him so nobody's happy with him just staying in the same position.

I do love JoMo but I don't know where he can go from here. As Pictos said his stunts and his high impact offence are more suited to a babyface, as a heel he isn't that great, but if he could tone it down, bring back the neckbreaker as a finisher and get a manager/entourage to help talk and help him develop his talking skills.

A move to Smackdown may also suit him, he'd easily go into the uppermidcarder role and the crowd really likes him so he could do something there and be a big part of the show which might make him a bit happier.

I do love JoMo but I don't know where he can go from here. As Pictos said his stunts and his high impact offence are more suited to a babyface, as a heel he isn't that great, but if he could tone it down, bring back the neckbreaker as a finisher and get a manager/entourage to help talk and help him develop his talking skills.

A move to Smackdown may also suit him, he'd easily go into the uppermidcarder role and the crowd really likes him so he could do something there and be a big part of the show which might make him a bit happier.

He was already on Smackdown as a face. Remember the feud with Ziggler? " Mr Ziggles , Mr Ziggles " Lot of shite.

Archived