Raw Supershow UK

Scott Hall

With a Smackdown house show in Birmingham the same night do you think they will still do a Raw Supershow in Liverpool??? Would be very unfair on the people who have Smackdown tickets but from a selfish point of view it be good if Orton, Christian, Sheamus were able to be in Liverpool that night

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not expecting much from the Glasgow house show. On the day of the Glasgow show there is a London show on at the same time at 7.30pm. The one thing that does bother me though is the fact that the main event for the Glasgow show is a 6 man tag team match. That could easily have been 3 separate matches and i hope they don't screw us around with silly dance offs like they did in April or make the 6 man tag match go on longer. House shows usually last around 2 and a half hours, they should make an effort to put more matches on when they come to Glasgow.

Yep. Taker did a Casket match in Cardiff around 2008/9 for the opener on a Tuesday evening then flew to Manchester in time for the ending of Smackdown.

That was the November 2009 tour. He did the match in Cardiff and then got to Sheffield to walk out at the end of Raw to be announced as John Cena's partner for a tag match the next week at MSG. Literally just for the last minute of Raw. And that night in Cardiff at the house show, they had Batista vs Mysterio as a main event.

If Orton, Sheamus, Henry and Christian all work the opener of the house show then dash off to Raw (which they could only really do if they're not needed on Raw until the main event anyway, which is fairly unlikely), the Smackdown show in Brum wouldn't have anything to go on in the main event... Except maybe Regal vs Cody for the Intercontinental, which isn't exactly main event worthy. I wonder if they sent Orton and Sheamus to Raw, would they do Regal vs Henry for the World title in Brum.

House shows usually last around 2 and a half hours, they should make an effort to put more matches on when they come to Glasgow.

Why specifically when they come to Glasgow?

Anything more than seven or eight matches on a wrestling card that isn't WrestleMania is usually overkill anyway.

WWE has been coming to Glasgow regularly since 2002. Infact up until 3 or 4 years ago we pretty much always got a Raw and Smackdown house show on each tour so even though we didn't get TV tapings, we could at least see WWE live 4 times a year. I always go and see WWE when they come to town........which is every April and November lol. They never miss us.

But yeah this event's not looking good. A Smackdown show in London on the same night and a 6 man tag as our main event, i think we will be getting a lot of filler or a shorter show.

Yeah but other people were talking about how some stars have attended both shows in the same day. What i was saying was that both shows have the same start time, it's not like one is in the afternoon and the other is in the evening and also it's Glasgow and London, opposite ends of the UK. It's not like 2 shows in England where it could easily be possible to go from one city to the next in a short space of time. They have booked a 6 man tag match for the Glasgow show and i just feel like they could have just made it 3 separate matches. All the big stars used up in 1 main event. I just think the show will suffer because i don't think there is enough talent to fill up the rest of the show well............talent that people will wanna see. Raw on Monday nights is a Supershow now. When you take away those Smackdown stars and then you take the 6 that are in the 6 man tag for the Raw show in Glasgow, what other decent names is there? Santino Marella doesn't even work Raw TV now and he is kinda fun to watch. Sin Cara's are on Smackdown. I'm sad to say it but the only other match i can think of happening is a divas match. Maybe i ought to read some recent house show results from the States to see just how they are booking them just now.

I know that, i never said they were. My point was on TV they have Smackdown stars on Raw, they can't do that if there are 2 house shows on at the exact same time in the UK. They are using the 6 top stars in a 6 man tag match as the main event for the Glasgow show. I was just saying I didn't think there was enough talent to fill up the rest of the show and they could have gotten 3 separate matches out of the talent used in the 6 man tag match.

Archived