Which UK Wrestling Promotion Would You Mostlike To See On Telly ?

bighead55

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think there's more than enough guys in the UK that are in "wrestler shape". The skinny guys notion has been criticised for years, and has been addressed by promotions such as 4FW or Futureshock.

One of the reasons WWE stands (and has always stood) above others because of it's production values and editting. Vince makes movies, remember? *Swigs water from a bottle in the creepiest manner possible*.

Broadcast quality cameras + proper cameramen + director + smart editting + proper lighting = TV product. It's not just a matter of running a show and pointing a camera at the ring.

I think its quite obvious that not one promotion is good enough to do TV on its own over here, it would need a combination of promotions. If I was offered TV on a decent channel/time slot, first thing i'd do is enlist the help of other promotions who do certain things better than me. I'd happily use my roster as i'm confident my shows can match any promotion in the UK in terms of wrestling and entertainment, however production wise my shows would lack that (for tv anyway, as its more than suitable for live shows) as i'm the type of promoter who invests in foam hands over mini 'titantrons', so i'd look into incorporating a promotion with a good production set up etc and so on.

All Star because they are the ones most likely to not 'look' completely shit.

Cherry pick their better matches, the guys look like wrestlers, the crowds are lively and big, the venues are quality....

Won't happen and cherry picking the matches would be critical.

Timeslot: Saturday 3pm.

All Star because they are the ones most likely to not 'look' completely shit.Cherry pick their better matches, the guys look like wrestlers, the crowds are lively and big, the venues are quality....Won't happen and cherry picking the matches would be critical.Timeslot: Saturday 3pm.

Unless All Star has changed in the last few years I wouldn't agree with that. Brian Dixon has done a good job evolving with the times to keep his business sucessful but I went to one of his shows a while back and I will never go again for the simple reason it only appeals to the family market. I can sit through pretty much any wrestling but when you have some of the better UK workers yelling "come on" every 2 minutes for the kids it does get slightly annoying and the ring looked so weak even Jonny Storm and Zebra Kid were struggling.While its not a knock on All Star. Appealing to the kids obviously works for them and means they can guarantee making money from WWE merch I don't think it would translate well on TV especially with that ring and could possibly damage attendences at other shows when it gives the impression wrestling is just for kids. Maybe if it was specifically aimed at Kids on Cartoon Network or something but then you might struggle to take the same guys seriously on other shows.

anyone who seriously suggests any promotion other than ASW or IPW:UK should probably take a good look at the product, live they may have great atmospheres but those two have far and away the best rosters and matches.you cant really say that Dixon hasnt moved with the times when he is constantly bringing in young talent to work for him, its taken this forum years to notice T-Bone and he has been working for ASW for a long time.

you cant really say that Dixon hasnt moved with the times when he is constantly bringing in young talent to work for him, its taken this forum years to notice T-Bone and he has been working for ASW for a long time.

Spot on.

• Paid Members

you cant really say that Dixon hasnt moved with the times when he is constantly bringing in young talent to work for him, its taken this forum years to notice T-Bone and he has been working for ASW for a long time.

Spot on.
Funny but a few fans have questioned why I have pushed him so much - he is awesome in the ring and gets an amazing pop from the fans !

Spot on.
Funny but a few fans have questioned why I have pushed him so much - he is awesome in the ring and gets an amazing pop from the fans !
it shouldnt be a question at all, brilliant worker with a great look and intensity.... what more would a promoter want?

Archived