Which UK Wrestling Promotion Would You Mostlike To See On Telly ?

bighead55

A round up would be good for all concerned, if given an hour and they could showcase a show from the south, midlands, north, scotland/wales changing each week between a group of promotions so not just one promotion is showcased. But it's just not going to happen until someone brings the right money and backing, and to be honest the business and demand just isn't there to make it worth while. You'd need a good few million to give it a fair whack. If I had the money I'd do it McMahon style, buy up the best talent (not meaning just the biggest and best look, guys like X-Pac and Evan Bourne in their hey days (well Seans) were never huge at all just ripped, if they can work and entertain cutting promos that would be the key - charisma) immense production values and run nationwide weekly/fortnightly (not in arenas as it would be nigh on impossible to make money and fill on most occasions but perhaps smaller venues). Getting the TV deal would be key and getting mainstream people on board, celebrities, pop stars and the like. Then Europe would be the next step as well as trying to get a small USA TV deal. But the cost of outlay would be tremendous, and will only happen when you get some mad lottery winner or a famous person with a devout interesting wrestling to give it a go. To knock WWE's UK ratings competley would be an aim, as well as showcasing a different product obviously a lot of it would have to be Americanised for the audiences needs but I'd try to keep some of the British features.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mad lotto winner? That's my plan when I hit the 100 million jackpot tonight. Fuck it I probably couldn't be bothered with the hassle and would just put on mental OTT supershows like NEWM suggested the other week.

Archived