pro evo 12 / fifa 12

buba3d

Can you switch the tackling back to how it used to be?

I don't know, but I really hate the new defending system. I've said before about Fifa overcomplicating certain aspects of the game, and they've done it again with defending. Yes it is a refreshing change to just holding down the conservative tackle button, but I just find that by the time I've approached a player to attempt a tackle, they've done some kind of twist or trick and have already gone past me, changed direction or passed the ball. The tutorial made it seem so much simpler.

I'm also struggling to string passes together to create goal scoring opportunities, my players just don't seem to find space or good positions (and of course, the game knows how to tackle, so I don't have the ball for long anyway).

I don't know, maybe I'm just too old now to comprehend 5 methods of tackling and numerous buttons to actually get past a player. I like PES's simplicity and pick up and play. And at least I'm getting a shot on goal. And I still maintain the AI is so much better in terms of attacking as a team.

Not everyone is going to agree, but I try and step away from the fanboyish comments. The end of the day, no matter what type of game I'm playing, if I don't like the way it plays then I won't play it. I still think Fifa 10 is one of the best footy games out there (for next gen), but PES 2011 is a close second, and all signs are good for PES 2012.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
been playing this game all through the night, i haven't seen any of the impact engine glitches in the final version yet, 4 crunching tackles by goian and he got sent off after he got fouled, online aspect its pretty decent no lag and very fluid game play, i did have a nightmare start with the TD side but got used to it very quickly.

rangers stats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGJzDFjahfw

how u get it so early ? u lucky sod

reviewer for the metro :devil:

red carded for violent conduct??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO2rc3kRPhE

Surprised by all the comments about the tackling, I rarely used the circle button soft tackle in the past couple FIFA games anyway just opting to get good positioning to make a slide tackle instead. Tbh, in the demo I didn't notice anything different about the defensive parts of the game until I read on this thread.

Any heard of any places selling the game cheaper like they've done for Fifa before and also Modern Warfare (

Can you switch the tackling back to how it used to be?

Yeah change it from Tactical to Legacy. It can't be changed for Online modes though, which kinda kills the product for me this year, the tactical defending system is awful. I'll pick this up cheap at the weekend and then trade it for PES when it comes out next month.

I don't think the new defending system is that bad, it just takes a while to get used to it and a bit of practice.

It's a steep learning curve, sure, but looking around on several sites it seems a lot of people who don't like the new system seem to a) expect to be good at it straight away and/or b) don't like the fact that they have to now work at defending rather than letting the AI do it for them.

I'm not 100% used to it yet, but I am winning games rather than drawing or losing them now. After reading advice and trying different things out I seem to find that I don't use L2 virtually at all any more as it just became too complicated using three buttons to defend and switch players at the same time. I now find using the contain (x) button for a second or two to get into position followed by just using the left stick to keep up until there's a good chance to win the ball seems to be working the best for me. I also find that I gain possession in midfield much more now by just running into players as it seems you can come away with the ball/knock it loose reasonably often.

apparently someone I no has already got fifa 12 for xbox360 they pre ordered it off play.com. Has anyone here got it or is he lying

He's got it off the dashboard. EA have introduced something called 'A season ticket' which basically gives you early access to the game. It's about 2000 Microsoft points which is a fucking joke in it's self.

I don't think the new defending system is that bad, it just takes a while to get used to it and a bit of practice.

It's a steep learning curve, sure, but looking around on several sites it seems a lot of people who don't like the new system seem to a) expect to be good at it straight away and/or b) don't like the fact that they have to now work at defending rather than letting the AI do it for them.

I'm not 100% used to it yet, but I am winning games rather than drawing or losing them now. After reading advice and trying different things out I seem to find that I don't use L2 virtually at all any more as it just became too complicated using three buttons to defend and switch players at the same time. I now find using the contain (x) button for a second or two to get into position followed by just using the left stick to keep up until there's a good chance to win the ball seems to be working the best for me. I also find that I gain possession in midfield much more now by just running into players as it seems you can come away with the ball/knock it loose reasonably often.

Do you not feel that the game engine itself is largely the same? It's still mainly the same goals being scored, with the same finishes/animations as the last 3 versions of the game. For me it's kinda got like the WWE games, same game, just a slight update and a rejig of the control scheme. The only positive I've found from it is the volleying, which lets face it should have been in the game years ago.

Do you not feel that the game engine itself is largely the same? It's still mainly the same goals being scored, with the same finishes/animations as the last 3 versions of the game. For me it's kinda got like the WWE games, same game, just a slight update and a rejig of the control scheme. The only positive I've found from it is the volleying, which lets face it should have been in the game years ago.

I think there are definitely enough changes to make it feel different to previous versions. Goal wise I have scored several goals which are different to previous versions, though it's hard to tell until the full version comes out as to whether most of the goals come from similar circumstances to previous games.

Archived