Ultimate Frisbee

Duke

• Paid Members

This is a risky venture, I'll admit, but has anyone ever played "The Greatest Sport Ever Invented By Man"? It was something I got into at Uni and when I finally fix my leg that I've been far too lazy with I'ma try and get back into it with a mixed team near me. But I've always wondered whether this den of nerds has ever given it a go?

• Paid Members
This is a risky venture, I'll admit, but has anyone ever played "The Greatest Sport Ever Invented By Man"? It was something I got into at Uni and when I finally fix my leg that I've been far too lazy with I'ma try and get back into it with a mixed team near me. But I've always wondered whether this den of nerds has ever given it a go?

I have. It's a big deal at the UEA, so whenever i'm in Norwich there is usually a few people ready to play.

• Paid Members
I have. It's a big deal at the UEA, so whenever i'm in Norwich there is usually a few people ready to play.

Been to a few tournaments at UEA and know a few people there from my uni times. Good bunch of guys, good team.

what is 'Ultimate' Frisbee and how does it differ from regular frisbee?
Fair question. In short, Ultimate is different to playing frisbee in the same way that kicking a football between mates is different to playing football.

In long....*deeply inhales* Ultimate is a 7 on 7 sport played on a roughly 100 meter pitch with two endzones. The aim is to catch the disc in the endzone. Players have to stand still when holding the disc and if a pass is blocked or hits the ground is turns over. There is a vibrant competitive and casual scene that you don't hear about because why would you.

In longer. : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_(sport)

Forget ultimate frisbee. Frolf is the way forward.

In Notts, we just did both.

Archived