RIOT!

big mickey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Oh great alot of the police arent trained for riot situations, it looks like its never going to end, how long before someone gets killed.

Probably already happened, they've just not been found yet.

See what happens when you cut budgets in policing?

Understaffed

Undertrained

Underesourced

Of course the CSO's will be able to help out right?

Fully expecting to be possibly shipped to London tomorrow, truly wonder what MOD Main security is like at the mo

• Paid Members
just had a wander round. Up to and in MArket square. No police presence or any other presence at all.

The West Londoner is doing some stellar work covering any of this, but it's still doing things like claiming that Egypt pic is London. Just acting like a news aggregator.

• Paid Members
Oh great alot of the police arent trained for riot situations, it looks like its never going to end, how long before someone gets killed.

Where did you read that? they are trained just that this week was when the training was to be re-done. Doubt they will need it with this crash course.

The woman on Sky News hairstyle makes her forehead look like Frankenstein's monster.

• Paid Members
The West Londoner is doing some stellar work covering any of this, but it's still doing things like claiming that Egypt pic is London. Just acting like a news aggregator.

*shrug* I can't make any comment on the veracity of any journalists, I can just say that as someone wandering around the city centre, including the most central bit, it's not been cordoned off.

I do know that a shop has been smashed in near the broadmarsh center. Flannels? Something like that? But that's not necessarily the same thing.

I'm feeling so isolated up here, family and friends all near the thick of it and all I can do is look at a screen.

• Paid Members

This would never have escalated to this level had the police showed a bit of force on Saturday night. Thanks to 24hr rolling news people can see how easy it is to go out and just do whatever they please, and now it's gotten to a point where it is completely out of control.

Thank god I live in the north-east where people don't want to potentially mess up their disability benefits by being seen looting on CCTV.

• Paid Members
*shrug* I can't make any comment on the veracity of any journalists, I can just say that as someone wandering around the city centre, including the most central bit, it's not been cordoned off.

I do know that a shop has been smashed in near the broadmarsh center. Flannels? Something like that? But that's not necessarily the same thing.

I'm feeling so isolated up here, family and friends all near the thick of it and all I can do is look at a screen.

Sounds about right - is Limeys still round there? Some chav from my school once snuck in the back and wheeled a whole rack of Ralph Lauren polo shirts out to his car, sold em for

• Moderators

Some utter insanity on the Telegraph's live riot blog:

02.28 Jonathan Wald, CNN's London producer, says in Ealing 15 teenagers took over a bus, forced the driver out and crashed the vehicle.

02.23 LBC sources: London Fire Brigade is "running out of fire engines."

02.19 Reports in Chalk Farm from police of a man on a bike armed with an axe.

01.50 Sources: A male looter, aged around 60, has been thrown through a shop window in Croydon.
Edited by Woyzeck