RIOT!

big mickey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

h. I have only said that police in general are racist, pedantic, uncaring, suspicious of everyone, incompetent and out of touch with the concerns of real people, which they are.

Some are but the most are not most of them are just trying to do the best they can with their hands tied with so much red tape.

• Paid Members
You won't find a quote from me complaining about how the police have handled the riots, so don't try and put words in my mouth. I have only said that police in general are racist, pedantic, uncaring, suspicious of everyone, incompetent and out of touch with the concerns of real people, which they are.

So the police AREN'T the tool of an unequal state, slanted toward a privileged elite?

So the police AREN'T the tool of an unequal state, slanted toward a privileged elite?

The police aren't the 'tools' of anybody, that's simply rhetoric, they cannot be simply controlled like a puppet. They are their own organisation. I think most people would agree we live in an 'unequal state slanted towards a priveleged elite', so I'm not sure what you're getting at there. However, in your previous post you said I accused the police of oppression and of being 'ideological', neither of which I have ever claimed. I don't think they have a particular overriding ideology, merely certain prejudices of the organisation and many of the people they employ, which is not to say all.

Edited by RIP Diva Sunny

• Paid Members
The police aren't the 'tools' of anybody, that's simply rhetoric, they cannot be simply controlled like a puppet. They are their own organisation. I think most people would agree we live in an 'unequal state slanted towards a priveleged elite', so I'm not sure what you're getting at there. However, in your previous post you said I accused the police of oppression and of being 'ideological', neither of which I have ever claimed. I don't think they have a particular overriding ideology, merely certain prejudices of the organisation and many of the people they employ, which is not to say all.

Fair enough. I don't disagree that the state is slanted that way, more that the police aren't it's tools, something which we clearly agree on. My mistake. The police aren't ideological necessarily in their own right in that model, it's more that some theorists have defined them as a tool of state ideology.

It's Macclesfield in the cup first round with 9 first teams missing. Crowd will be half that at most.

And to be honest, the Tuesday night out on Prinny Ave & Sesh is very low key and quiet. I was there last week and there wasn't even a hint of trouble. I'd like to think the people who do his kind of thing aren't regular Tuesday night Prinny Ave goers.

A McDonalds (or the building next to it) has been set alight is neasden. I thought it was kicking off down my road today. I had a look (along with my next door neighbour) and most of the street were watching a loud domestic (par the course for harlesden) but it shows how on edge everyone is. Most of the shops here either shut early or not at all

• Paid Members
I know as of now The Olympics are still going to take place but I have to wonder if any other country will refuse to send their people over as TBH I certainly couldn't blame them for refusing to come over if I were one of them I'd be really thinking about it right now.

Thankfully, you're not.