Cena longest running top face?

humanracer

Austin really wasn't the top guy for very long, was he? Nor was The Rock really. I wonder if that's why there's still such an aura about them.

• Paid Members
Austin really wasn't the top guy for very long, was he? Nor was The Rock really. I wonder if that's why there's still such an aura about them.

Austin really only had 4 years at most on top as the main man, 97, 98, 99, 01. Those years were huge but still its not as much as Hogan or Cena, which is mad when you think about it.

There's a saying about lights burning twice as bright for half as long, I'm sure of it.

• Paid Members

Can anyone else remember a top babyface that was so mercilessly destroyed by crowds that hated his guts like John boy?

I'm thinking especially of Chicago (seemingly every visit), One Night Stand, Unforgiven 2006 against Edge, and quite a few times wrestling Kurt Angle in 2005 and Randy Orton in 2009, where everyone just wanted him to get smashed, irrespective of where his opponent was in the heel/face spectrum.

The "YAY! FUCK OFF CENA!" pop at the end of New Years Revolution when Edge put him down was fun too. They marked out for that one because they were sick of Cena, even though Edge was a DICK.

There's a saying about lights burning twice as bright for half as long, I'm sure of it.

"The brightest candles burn out quickest?"

Archived