Examples of super hot angles post 2001

IANdrewDiceClay

I always felt that they never used Bischoff to his full potential. I think a proper Vince v Bischoff for control of the company would have been great. Bishoff starts to rebuild WCW from inside WWE as Raw GM, leading to Raw becoming Nitro etc. etc.

I always felt that they never used Bischoff to his full potential. I think a proper Vince v Bischoff for control of the company would have been great. Bishoff starts to rebuild WCW from inside WWE as Raw GM, leading to Raw becoming Nitro etc. etc.

I always thought that had more legs too. As it ended up Bischoff was just one of the countless RAW GM's.

• Paid Members

Ric Flair Vs. Shawn Michaels in the feud that built up to his eventual WWE retirement was super-hot. The moment Flair's music hit on the Wrestlemania stage I actually got goosebumps.

Then, of course there's the moment Edge cashed in the very first Money in the Bank contract against John Cena. I don't know how many of you saw it coming, but I certainly didn't. Amazing angle at the time, and his whole title run was edge-of-your-seat (pardon the pun) television.

Talking of Money In The Bank...when CM Punk cashed in his briefcase against Jeff Hardy that became a real character defining moment for the guy. The Hardy/Punk feud was generally fantastic and really exciting to watch.

watching this back I feel genuinely disappointed a how the storyline panned out, this was a truly shocking moment.

Brock Lesnar turning heel on Kurt Angle was an incredible angle for me, Lesnar's entire heel run was brilliant.

And I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I reckon

, it was totally jaw dropping for me, and by my estimation it was the best use they've ever made of Hornswoggle.

• Paid Members

If Jeff Hardy wasnt such a complete mess, he'd be perfect to have a run with CM Punk at the minute. Jeff Hardy has the kids and the women audience, and has more male fans than Cena does (well, more vocal at least). They dynamic between the two would be really interesting. And they have great chemistry in the ring. Million reasons why it wont happen right now, I've no doubt we'll see it again.

• Paid Members
If Jeff Hardy wasnt such a complete mess, he'd be perfect to have a run with CM Punk at the minute. Jeff Hardy has the kids and the women audience, and has more male fans than Cena does (well, more vocal at least). They dynamic between the two would be really interesting. And they have great chemistry in the ring. Million reasons why it wont happen right now, but one it I've no doubt we'll see it again.

Yeah, it'd be an absolutely outstanding time for a Jeff Hardy return. As you say it'll never happen, but it'd have been an incredible way to progress the current CM Punk storyline.

Archived