Dynamo: Impossible Magician

Egg Shen

I think some of the people he does the tricks on are obviously plants for example the one where he changed the woman's tattoo to get a eye to appear I noticed if you looked you could see her skin had been pulled over it and was stuck down using make up glue or something then all he did was release the skin to make it appear he had changed the tattoo.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
That was a horrible trick.

Anyone know if it's finished? I never saw a mention of a "Final Episode".

Haha, i thought it was great. I knew something was up during the trick but the actual reveal completely shocked me. It was different, good shit.

And did anyone see the trick where Teller threaded all the needles in his mouth, how the fuck did he do that!?!?

Oh and whilst we're talking about ridiculous Dynamo tricks, the first id like to mention was the cinema one where he blew the letters away, that was ridiculous. The other was one where he sunk into the floor and then raised up outside in that Rio Ferdinand fundraised thing, what the fuck!?

Dynamo is my current favourite magician.

He does use stooges and camera tricks however that does not explain all of his tricks.

He is not rated that highly by other (possibly jealous) magicians. Mainly beacuse his "performance" side is sub-par.

How many tricks could we not explain of his??? I think we can explain all of them.

Haha, i thought it was great. I knew something was up during the trick but the actual reveal completely shocked me. It was different, good shit.

And did anyone see the trick where Teller threaded all the needles in his mouth, how the fuck did he do that!?!?

Oh and whilst we're talking about ridiculous Dynamo tricks, the first id like to mention was the cinema one where he blew the letters away, that was ridiculous. The other was one where he sunk into the floor and then raised up outside in that Rio Ferdinand fundraised thing, what the fuck!?

Teller with needles being swallowed ... he doesn't give the guy a chance to look real good in his mouth.

Blowing the letters away... they are pulled with string.

At the Rio thing... he slips out the door. Pretty easy trick that one.

As with most magic: watch it once, 'wow!' Watch it again, 'oh yeah!'

He is not rated that highly by other (possibly jealous) magicians. Mainly beacuse his "performance" side is sub-par.

That was the thing that stood out to me through the whole series, a complete lack of charisma and personality.

All the deep staring into people's eyes stuff is fine with people like Derren Brown and David Blaine, but Dynamo just seems awkward and creepy to me when interacting with strangers.

The Rio Ferdinand trick was hilariously bad.

If you watch closely, they lifted up the sheet and lined it up to be in line with the bouncer who was on the door; the bouncer was too far away and for a split second and you can see Dynamo just crouching and walking out.

Some of his closehand stuff is great, but there is way too much stuff on there that doesn't 'amaze' or 'astound', it just makes you go 'woah...good editing.'

Penn and Tellers new show has been ace, the magic dragon being a particular highlight. There was one rubbish trick with personalised CD players though, where it was revealed it wasn't a bloody trick at all. Shite.

My favourite Penn & Teller trick was the coins/goldfish one. That was ace.

• Paid Members

The going through the glass trick at Rio's party the door is closed, no doubt it is just a trick but the simple old thing of he just went through the door is probably not what happened, why would Rio and everyone else react like they did as well, what would Rio get from acting so amazed?

Helping a mate out?

Also, the people holding the sheet and those on the other side of the glass act amazed too, yet they'd have seen him do it. The positioning of the sheet and bouncer makes it certain that he went through the door. It was a rubbish 'for TV' trick.

• Paid Members
Helping a mate out?

Also, the people holding the sheet and those on the other side of the glass act amazed too, yet they'd have seen him do it. The positioning of the sheet and bouncer makes it certain that he went through the door. It was a rubbish 'for TV' trick.

The door was shut though.

• Paid Members
The going through the glass trick at Rio's party the door is closed, no doubt it is just a trick but the simple old thing of he just went through the door is probably not what happened, why would Rio and everyone else react like they did as well, what would Rio get from acting so amazed?

they didn't really act amazed though, the people outside just kinda looked at Dynamo stupid.

• Paid Members
Dynamo is my current favourite magician.

He does use stooges and camera tricks however that does not explain all of his tricks.

How many tricks could we not explain of his??? I think we can explain all of them.

That pretty much renders him redundant to me though. There's nothing clever about that, and that's the problem I have with him. Anyone could use a stooge, or a camera trick, but not everyone can think of a genuinely clever method to do something impressive. So yeah, I don't like him.

He's just a poor mans David Blaine, even down to the way he dresses. The problem with the Dynamo show is that Street Magic was shown 10 years ago and was a lot better.

Speaking of which, Blaine is meant to be back with a new card trick show soon which I can't wait for.

• Paid Members
The Rio Ferdinand trick was hilariously bad.

If you watch closely, they lifted up the sheet and lined it up to be in line with the bouncer who was on the door; the bouncer was too far away and for a split second and you can see Dynamo just crouching and walking out.

Some of his closehand stuff is great, but there is way too much stuff on there that doesn't 'amaze' or 'astound', it just makes you go 'woah...good editing.'

Penn and Tellers new show has been ace, the magic dragon being a particular highlight. There was one rubbish trick with personalised CD players though, where it was revealed it wasn't a bloody trick at all. Shite.

My favourite Penn & Teller trick was the coins/goldfish one. That was ace.

There's a video on YouTube of Teller at a psychology conference giving a lecture on psychology in magic where he performs that trick normally, and then goes through how and why he does certain things and the psychological aspects of what he's doing.

It's actually quite interesting.

Archived