Zack Sabre Jnr in NOAH/KO *Updated 28/06/12*

cobystag

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
To say I'm happy with Zack's block would be an understatement. Unfortunately their clearly positioned as the lowest ranked team in their group, but I can at least foresee one spoiler win. Maybe the current GHC Jnr Tag Champs, Marvin & Crazy?

This is possible. The incumbents have to drop some wins to allow the Zero1 v Suzuki/Aoki final which I think will go down to establish the next challengers.

Really hope his matches against Zero One and K-Office are taped.

Tut tut. It's Diamond Ring now, keep up old man.

The match with Nakajima & Kajiwara ought to be fantastic.

Course it will be. Sparks have flown between Zack and Nakajima in the past. To be honest there aren't many juniors I love more than Nakajima.

Read something rather weird....

I've heard NOAH wanted Davey Richards for the Jnr Tag League seen as it appears they wanted The American Wolves.

Now the WON is saying they wanted Davey to team with Zack as they were going to win the whole thing. When Davey turned them down, they got Paul London.

Personally I'm calling bollocks on this. Davey was a low ranked Jnr when he left NOAH on less the amicable terms so I don't think he'd get a massive push in NOAH due to that and also his history in being fired from NJPW. Zack, while on his way to becoming a regular, would jump from losing EVERY single match on his last tour to winning the tag league.

Did you hear all that from Davey Richards, by any chance?

Read something rather weird....

I've heard NOAH wanted Davey Richards for the Jnr Tag League seen as it appears they wanted The American Wolves.

Now the WON is saying.....

I am halfway curious just to ask Davey directly about it tomorrow. Have no idea where WON pulled that one from.

Why did the berk get fired from NJPW?

He's said on a podcast lately he wasn't fired, and him not being booked for BOSJ and since is amicable, leaving it up in the air if he is ever going to be used again, especially with the very public knowledge NOAH were interested in bringing him back (after he kinda left them seen as they weren't really doing anything with him and Gabesville/Dragon Gate USA & Japan came calling). But he and Rocky Romero were booked to defend their IWGP Jnr Heavyweight Tag belts on New Japan's May 3rd PPV. Romero is already in Japan but Davey had to fly in from America, he was in a car accident so missed his flight. NJPW stripped Davey and Rocky of their belts that same day as is really tradition in Japan when the Champs are unable to defend due to whatever reason.

Davey has said publically that while he missed his flight, there was a later one to take that would have cost him a ridiculous figure (either five or eight grand off the top of my head) that he wasn't willing to pay out of his own pocket. Davey was then removed from NJPW's annual BOSJ tournament that took place from the end of May to mid-June. NJPW said he was replaced as doctors hadn't cleared him to wrestle an intense schedule of singles matches that would have been the BOSJ. But he was wrestling in America the weekend after the PPV miss (the show he lost the belt to Steen) and has wrestled pretty much every weekend since. NJPW had made no mention of Davey in this time and Romero has reformed his AAA Tag Team with Alex Koslov and they now hold the belts.

NOAH, 08.09.2012

Yokohama Radiant Hall

A Block: Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki vs Eddie Edwards & Bobby Fish

A Block: Taiji Ishimori & Atsushi Kotoge vs Shiori Asahi & Hiro Tonai

B Block: Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Genba Hirayangi vs Ikuto Hidaka & Daichi Hashimoto

NOAH, 09.09.2012

Yokohama Radiant Hall

A Block: Taiji Ishimoro & Atsushi Kotoge vs Kaiser & Gaston Mateo

B Block: Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Genba Hirayangi

NOAH, 12.09.2012

Hiroshima Industrial Hall

A Block: Eddie Edwards & Bobby Fish vs Kaiser & Gaston Mateo

B Block: Zack Sabre Jr & Paul London vs Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy

NOAH, 13.09.2012

Yonago Convention Center

A Block: Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki vs Kaiser & Gaston Mateo

B Block: Zack Sabre Jr & Paul London vs Ikuto Hidaka & Daichi Hashimoto

NOAH, 15.09.2012

Nagasaki Peace Hall

A Block: Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki vs Shiori Asahi & Hiro Tonai

B Block: Zack Sabre Jr & Paul London vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Genba Hirayangi

NOAH, 16.09.2012

Hakata Star Lane

A Block: Shiori Asahi & Hiro Tonai vs Kaiser & Gaston Mateo

B Block: Katsuhiko Nakajima & Satoshi Kajiwara vs Ikuto Hidaka & Daichi Hashimoto

NOAH "GREAT VOYAGE 2012 IN OSAKA VOL. 2 ~ JUN AKIYAMA SPECIAL 20TH ANNIVERSARY", 17.09.2012

Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium

A Block: Taiji Ishimori & Atsushi Kotoge vs Eddie Edwards & Bobby Fish

B Block: Zack Sabre Jr & Paul London vs Katsuhiko Nakajima & Satoshi Kajiwara

B Block: Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Genba Hirayangi

Jun Akiyama 20th Anniversary Match: Jun Akiyama, Yuji Nagata NJPW & Go Shiozaki vs. Minoru Suzuki, Yoshihiro Takayama & Maybach Taniguchi

GHC Heavyweight Title: Takeshi Morishima

• Paid Members

Nothing to do with Zack, but are they finally going all the way with KENTA???

Fuck me, New Japan could give us another rest from Tana main events and let Marufuji win the IWGP title and then the two junior legends would simultaneously be the top two champions in the country!

Hash would regain the title in time for the Dome on 4th January, OBVS.

I heavily doubt he's going to win the GHC. It's under two months since he returned from injury. I am surprised they went into giving him a title shot this quick after how much time they spent building him up before his challenge to Shiozaki. If it was any later into Morishima's reign and they'd re-established his dominance, I'd give him better odds then. As it stands right now I bet he's another defence for Morishima, Masato Tanaka will follow, maybe Sugiura after that, and then either Akiyama (after losing the TC) or outside shots in Yuji Nagata or Suwama. Nagata has expressed a desire to challenge for the GHC and if NOAH use him again, I can see it. Suwama just because I want to see him mix it up in NOAH and lose the belt to Shiozaki.

• 2 weeks later...

NOAH, 08.09.2012

Yokohama Radiant Hall

Zack Sabre Jnr, Marshall & Ross Von Erich vs Ricky Marvin, Super Crazy & Kaiser

NOAH, 09.09.2012

Yokohama Radiant Hall

Zack Sabre Jnr vs Genba Hirayangi

NOAH, 12.09.2012

Hiroshima Industrial Hall

B Block: Zack Sabre Jr & Paul London vs Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy

NOAH, 13.09.2012

Yonago Convention Center

B Block: Zack Sabre Jr & Paul London vs Ikuto Hidaka & Daichi Hashimoto

NOAH, 15.09.2012

Nagasaki Peace Hall

B Block: Zack Sabre Jr & Paul London vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Genba Hirayangi

NOAH, 16.09.2012

Hakata Star Lane

No match announced for Zack yet.

NOAH "GREAT VOYAGE 2012 IN OSAKA VOL. 2 ~ JUN AKIYAMA SPECIAL 20TH ANNIVERSARY", 17.09.2012

Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium

B Block: Zack Sabre Jr & Paul London vs Katsuhiko Nakajima & Satoshi Kajiwara

NOAH, 22.09.2012

Tokyo Korakuen Hall

Zack Sabre Jnr & Paul London vs Kaiser & Gaston Mateo

9/9 will also feature a singles match between Paul London and Marufuji~!

Archived