UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

Palermo 1 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Miccolli; Llorente

Palermo keep hold of their unbeaten record with the skin of their teeth after a bonkers last ten minutes. The pink and black attack started off like they have just come off the special yellow sunshine bus. Within the first couple of minutes they could not string a pass together and played Russian roulette in their own penalty box which Bilbao could not quite cease upon. Palermo finally manged to put their boots on their correct feet and started to play some good passing football. However Bilbao took the lead after a quick break down the left hand channel. A majestic ball to the back post allowed Fernando Llorente to knock in a header from a tight angle.

Palermo alost grabbed a quick equalizer after a darting run from Cassani the full back managed to put in a tempting cross into Hernandez who nodded it towards the far post but Miccolli could not quite reach the ball for the tap in. Bilbao could have made it two before half time after an audacious chip from 20 yards out which was turned over by the back pedaling Palermo shot stopper.

The second half was largely dominated by the Basque team who limited Palermo to pot shots and hopeful crosses into the box whilst creating plenty of chances for themselves. Their biggest chance was the moment that turned the game; A shot from inside the penalty box was palmed into the oncoming Llorente who just needed to place it towards the goal to grab his second, but his effort looped over the bar. From the resulting goal kick Palermo went on the attack. Hernandez found himself close to the barline and crossed into near post which was collected by Miccolli who rifled it into the net with five minutes to go.

Bilbao was obviously shellshocked and Jericho must have been on the verge of kicking his dog as Miccolli managed to muscle himself into a one on one position with two minutes left but was unable to convert his chance. A draw was probably a fair result in a hotly contested match, but if that chance went in it would have been incredibly harsh on WWEisJericho who marshalled his defence and midfield with great aplomb and created the better chances.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CSKA Moscow 2 - 0 Blackburn

Doumbia 63, 85

The russians start their campaign with a win. A tight first half saw little created from either side, it was a bit of a shin kicking contest in the middle of the park. Blackburn carved out the first chance; after working the ball well down the right, they were unable to convert a headed oppotunity which was blocked well by the CSKA defense.

A couple of one on one chances for CSKA followed in the form of Wagner Love. Predictably he missed the both. An outlandish volley attempt from Gonzales closed out the half.

Second half saw CSKA start brightly, carving out numerous chances in the first ten minutes, failing to take any of them. The worst offender again Wagner Love who missed a header from five yards out, instead powering it onto the crossbar. It was starting to feel like one of those days . . . but then on 63 minutes Doumbia struck, tapping in the rebound from yet another missed Wagner Love chance.

Blackburn pushed hard for the equaliser having their best spell of the match, winning a couple of corners and having Santa Cruz (I think) drag a good chance by the keepers post on the turn.

This pressure would in the end be Blackburn's downfall, hit on the break, they failed to clear a ball clipped over the top. The clearance slammed into Doumbia's legs who was fortunate enough to have the ball drop into his path, he finished cooly for a 2-0 lead on 85 minutes.

Stats:

Shots: CSKA 18 Blackburn 5

On Target: CSKA 9 Blackburn 0

Posession: CSKA 60 Blackburn 40

• Paid Members

Genoa 2 - 0 Werder Bremen

Floro Flores 25', Palacio 61'

In a good, close game, Genoa took the lead from a corner, with Antonio Floro Flores heading in at the far post. Then Bremen missed a penalty, with the Genoan keeper saving it, before Palacio scored the second.

The following are the top scorer charts for games scheduled for Weeks one and two as of 13/07/2011 at 23.55 pm. Any games that have already been played for following weeks will be counted during that particular week. The weekly write ups will return from this week (week 3.)

DIVISION ONE TOP SCORERS :-

Grafite (Wolfsburg) - 6

Hoarau (PSG) - 4

Ameobi (Newcastle) - 3

Gameiro (PSG) - 3

Niang (Fenerbache) - 3

Di Natale (Udinese) - 2

Gyan (Sunderland) - 2

Alex (Fenerbache) - 2

Welbeck (Sunderland) - 2

Andre (Bordeaux) - 2

Helmes (Wolfsburg) - 2

Fernando (Bordeaux) - 1

Mbokani (Wolfsburg) - 1

Inler (Udinese) - 1

Stoch (Fenerbache) - 1

Diarra (Bordeaux) - 1

Gutierrez (Newcastle) - 1

Dejegah (Wolfsburg) - 1

Ben Arfa (Newcastle) - 1

Kombarov (Spartack) - 1

Turner (Sunderland) - 1

Alex (Spartack) - 1

Cattermole (Sunderland) - 1

Wendel (Bordeaux) - 1

Simao (Besiktas) - 1

DIVISION TWO TOP SCORERS :-

Doumbia (CSKA) - 2

Llorente (A, Bilbao) -2

Pastore (Palermo) - 2

Gilardino (Fiorentina) - 1

Veloso (Genoa) - 1

Liedson (Sporting) - 1

Djalo (Sporting) - 1

Pizarro (W. Bremen) - 1

Whitehead (Stoke) - 1

Martinez (A. Bilbao) - 1

Dempsey (Fulham) - 1

D. Lopez (A.Bilbao) -1

Vargas (Fiorentina) - 1

Johnson (Fulham) -1

Amorebieta (A. Bilbao) -1

Murphy (Fulham) - 1

Illcic (Palermo) - 1

Schalke 0 - 4 Lazio

Lazio walked out comfortable winners in what was a tougher match overall than the score made out. Schalke had the first meaningful attack and forced a corner with good play down the right-hand side. Lazio too forced a corner a little later but Andr

Schalke 0 - 4 Lazio

Lazio walked out comfortable winners in what was a tougher match overall than the score made out. Schalke had the first meaningful attack and forced a corner with good play down the right-hand side. Lazio too forced a corner a little later but Andr

Sorry mate, genuinely didn't realise it would affect your end. I did have to rush off, my bad. On the plus side, I did applaud your second goal. Alone. In my bedroom.

Well done though, I had chances but again didn't take them and you destroyed me up top.

I hate Division One.

No worries mate, it was just something that happened to me a couple times last season so thought it might be worth mentioning overall.

Archived