Slammiversary IX

Cobra1000

Arguable TNA's 2nd biggest PPV of the year is this Sunday (shown on Challenge this Wednesday) but I think I'm gonna stay up and stream it.

Impact Wrestling has been really great these past few months and I'm looking forward to the PPV.

Mr. Anderson vs Sting

Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle

Abyss vs Brian Kendrick vs Kazarian

British Invasion vs James Storm and Alex Shelley

Bully Ray vs AJ Styles

Samoa Joe vs Crimson

Mickie James vs Angelina Love

Scott Stiener vs Matt Morgan

think it looks a really good card, don't see any of the gold changing though. Bully Ray and AJ's promo last week on Impact was brilliant and is well worth seeking out. The Anderson/Sting stuff could be better but hopefully the match will be decent enough. The rest looks good and I fully expect Crimson to keep his streak alive.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Anderson vs Sting

Bully Ray vs AJ Styles

Samoa Joe vs Crimson

My Picks for winners are:

Mr Anderson to win Title

Angle to end fued

Abyss to retain

British Invasion to take Tag belts

Styles to win

Crimson to win

Mickie James to retain

Steiner to win.

Predictions/What I would like to see:

Mr. Anderson vs Sting

Bully Ray vs AJ Styles

Samoa Joe vs Crimson

• Paid Members
Impact Wrestling has been really great these past few months and I'm looking forward to the PPV.

Yeah, I agree. Enjoyed every show in recent weeks, and a good number of the angles actually make sense.

I do think they need to drop the PPV concept down to around four a year though, and maybe get 'Clash of the Champions' type specials on Spike TV instead.

I dont watch keep up with TNA much anymore but whats the deal with Alex Shelley teaming with James Storm? whats happened to Beer Money?

Roode is 'injured' after an Immortal beatdown, so they've brought in Shelley as Storm's new tag champion partner. They're calling themselves Gun Money.

I dont watch keep up with TNA much anymore but whats the deal with Alex Shelley teaming with James Storm? whats happened to Beer Money?

Roode was injured (not sure if its legit or not) and so Shelley returned the other week to announce that Sabin was injured and the Guns wouldn't return until 2012. Bischoff tried to strip the titles of Beer Money cause of Roodes injury but Shelley stepped in and said he would defend the titles with Storm against the Invasion at Slammiversary...

• Paid Members
Card looks ok.

I dont keep up with TNA that much, but how come RVD isn't on the card? Wasn't he in the main event last month?

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

RVD wrestled on the Impact tapings this week.

I enjoyed the last PPV and am looking forward to this one as well, the only thing to mention is I really dont see this as a big PPV anymore not really since 2009. As with last year its in the Impact Zone which lowers the PPV's value for me. Lockdown is a much bigger deal.

Predictions

Mr. Anderson vs Sting - fully expect anderson to walk with it, who else does sting have to face?

Abyss vs Brian Kendrick vs Kazarian - cant stand the belt being on abyss but understand the angle and think he will hold it for a bit longer

British Invasion vs James Storm and Alex Shelley - a few things could happen here, straight defence leading to a shelly/storm team for a month or two till shelly costs them the belts and storm turns ready for roode or alternatively shelly doesnt even appear and we get AMW Vs BI tonight which helps move roode away further from the tag scene

Bully Ray vs AJ Styles - TNA like to prolong so I cant see AJ going over

Samoa Joe vs Crimson

I really like the card and TNA seems to be giving me a similar product to the late days of the Asylum at the moment, which not all liked but I did and there were certain things they did there that was different and entertaing and they should bring back into there style

So are the British Invasion in Immortal now? If not then why would Bischoff want them to challenge Gun Money for the titles?

They're not, but there was no other team to face them. Mexican America (Hernandez & Anarchia) had a spat with Hogan so that ruled them out. About the Shelley/Storm situation, wouldn't it have been more apt to call themselves Beer Guns? Seeing as Money is Robert Roodes infatuation, rather than Storms? That aside, I absolutely loved the Magnus & Tazz back and forth during commentary. I'm sure they're good pals off screen but the heated debate all through the tag match was great listening.

Impact has been good for a while now but they're still filling it with useless pish like the Pope/D-Von build. The feud is happening on Xplosion, no need to play the snippets on Impact unless its going to be on the PPV, which it shouldn't. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

In my opinion, I'd have cut two of the matches off this card. Morgan & Steiner and Crimson/Joe. The Steiner/Morgan feud hasn't really been that great and they could have easily settled this feud on next weeks Impact and give it top billing after the PPV. Crimson vs Joe on the other hand has bored me to tears sometimes. I know they're trying to push Crimson as their next 'home grown/Non WWF/WCW/ECW' guy so that's the only logical reason I have for keeping it on the PPV itself.

As for my predictions?

Anderson vs Sting - I think Sting will go over here. He has a good record at Slammiversary and I've got an inkling they're trying to recreate and Undertaker like legacy with Sting where by he always wins or retains the title at that PPV. Without checking facts, I'm sure that's been the case. I fully expect Kurt Angle & Sting to face off for the gold next in a battle of the two biggest fan favorites.

Angle vs Jarrett - I've really enjoyed this angle and I fully expect Angle to win. They've dangled the carrot for this to continue, if Jarrett wins it surely won't be the final battle as Angle will have to get his gold medals back. Angle for the win however.

Abyss vs Kendrick vs Kazarian - A late addition to the card, changing the name of the title to the Xtreme kind of works but kind of doesn't. Abyss should retain and I sense some friction between Kendrick & Kaz along the way

British Invasion vs Shelley & Storm - I'm not sure. I've heard rumors they want to split Beer Money up and have Roode on a singles run, so perhaps Shelley & Storm retaining and being named as Champions, cutting Roode out of the deal might work. Who knows.

Bully Ray vs AJ Styles - Styles needs the win to end this angle, which has been great. I'd love a Bully Ray title run at this point, might be a weird thing to say but he's been fucking brilliant for months now.

Couldn't give a fuck about the other three. Joe, Angelina & Morgan to go over though

Archived