greatest news ever: Stately Wayne Manor heel column returns!

• Paid Members

I actually find Manor's current columns the best thing in Power Slam now. Which isn't saying much, granted, but they are an improvement on Fin Martin having a go at wrestlers saying scripted lines meant for entertainment like they are being hypocrites in real life. Power Slams really shit these days.

• Paid Members

Give me a 1997 issue of WrestleAmerica with black and white pages, any fucking day.

Like a lot of people, I used to love Powerslam and got it every month from 96-2000.

I bought it on tuesday for the very first time in about 7 years and I wish I didn't bother. Actually, that's not true, as when I went to use to the sunbed ( yes) later that afternoon, I had a violent urge to shit, so much so that shitting in my pants seemed a good deal for about 15 seconds. I decided to dash to the bogs in the cafe next door to poundland and let rip, no toilet roll. Thank heavens for Fin Martin in 2011, anyway. True story.

So I just about managed too keep my ass clean til I got home, and found out that the obviously shit DX dvd was as shitty as I thought.

• Moderators

I used to buy "New Wave Wrestling" and feeling like the King of Wrestling Knowledge in my school, because they'd put the wrestler's real name in brackets after their stage name. Or at least that was the idea. Unfortunately, due to New Wave Wrestling I thought Rocky Maivia's real name was "Duane Glasteau" until the turn of 1999.

The first thing I thought of looking at that site was Angelfire in 1999. Any chance you can upload a midi of the nWo theme on there?

Yeah. I think I have some tapes of their shows on my Betamax machine. LOL

But, seriously, WTF, I put up a site to give people access to the content, not all that concerned about the physical appearance. It may not look dazzling, but then again, no ads--and surely the brilliance of the writing makes up for the lack of aesthetics, right, Butch?

Uh, Butch? Testing, one two. Damn reply button must be broken again.

Archived