Best place to train in the UK?

Cobra1000

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't recommend individual schools, but as you probably can guess ,where you train depends on how far your willing to travel, its better to travel 3 hours to a good school then travel 10 minutes to a shitarse one.

I did go to Area 52 (SWA and Sources training school) in Linwood (near Glasgow) for a month (had to leave due to money and work issues on my end) about two years ago, and it seemed alright, though I have nothing to compare it with. In Scotland I have heard good things about the SPWA (PBW and BCWs training school).

I would recommend the training school run by WAW in Norwich. It is on the first weekend of every month and is spread over 2 days.

Get the best training from some of the greats in british wrestling, not only the entire knight family, but also karl krammer, steve quintain, jimmy ocean and many more special guest trainers throughout the year.

I would recommend the training school run by WAW in Norwich. It is on the first weekend of every month and is spread over 2 days.

Get the best training from some of the greats in british wrestling, not only the entire knight family, but also karl krammer, steve quintain, jimmy ocean and many more special guest trainers throughout the year.

Il double this, having trained at the school, you are welcomed with open arms from trainers and trainees, some of the special guest trainers include - Danny Collins, Steve Grey, Jason Cross, etc

Combined there is over 100 years of pro wrestling knowledge between trainers, not many schools can claim that!!

If you're looking for a great start we are offering Beginner 5 day training seminars with Colt Cabana in August this year (Advanced course also available) visit www.starpowertraining.com

Star Power Training can recommend FutureShock in Manchester and XWA in Morecambe

Also a list of BWC approved schools

Most schools run or are associated with wrestling shows so it's worth checking them out first to get an idea, but remember not all the talent on the show will be from the training school so only use it as an indicator.

No offence to any of the other school mentioned, but this ^

Take a look on the endoresments on his site. Justin has had a hand in training just about anyone who is anyone in the UK, particularly those who have gone on to work in the states.

If you are in South, you really are blessed with a lot of good school. PErsonally, if i was a trainee, i would do the following...

Saturdays - Alternate between JUstin Richards school and Charlie Rage's Thunderslam school, both in Essex. Charlie is really excellent at character development and makes you think about things that most of us dont even realise.

Sundays - The soon-to-open EWW Training School in Hastings, run by Stuart Allen and Kerry Cabrero. Awesome, knowledgeable trainers who been traditionally taught and been arounnd the world, as opposed to some schools where the trainer has only ever wrestled in front of 50 people in a sports centre.

Only place I can really endorse is 4FW because I was there for 6 weeks. It was a top-notch regimen and I highly recommend it. Realistically though, 'good' schools are pretty scarse in the UK, bar the few. To get decent training, you more or less need to be trained by somebody who has travelled or made a living off the business. Also somebody who puts you in-front of a crowd as soon as you can build a match, because as Raven said, the only way you can truly learn is to adapt to working in the ring and to learn from your mistakes. Being locked up in a school for six months after you've learned your bumps and basic psychology won't get you anywhere. Sloan would be great as well since he's a vet who knows his stuff, and he has a good set of contacts as well.

I'm actually shocked a big star hasn't set one up in the UK yet though. Someone like Regal, or even Jericho could make a killing over here.

Archived