Best place to train in the UK?

Cobra1000

I hear Stixx house of pain is good

House of Pain has a great facility. The ring always up and available for practice.

Stixx has 5 classes per week which are structured for varying degrees of experience and suit all ages.

In addition to this, there are regular seminars and classes taken by other great names - Alex Shane, Bubblegum, RJ Singh, Dave Moralez/Mastiff, to name a few.

It's definitely worth checking out - especially as the school has produced names such as Paul Malen, Joseph Conners, SC Supreme, Bam Bam Barton, "Textbook" Dave Breaks and "Adrenaline" Danny Chase.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it he ran another school before hand, since it says his school opened in 2010 and the testimonials come from guys way before it opened.

Yes he was involved in Hammerlock at it's peak along with guys like

TNA & Noah Superstar Doug Williams, Alex Shane, Guy Thunder, Jody Fliesch, Jonny Storm, Jorge Castano, Johnny Moss.

then after being away from training he helped out at the FWA Academy and trained

WWE Stars : Paul Birchall, PJ "Justin Gabriel" Black, Nikita/Winter/Katie Lea Birchall, Drew "McIntyre" Galloway

Dragon Gate stars : Mark Haskins, PAC, Wade Fitzgerald

European Stars : Andy Simmonz, Raj Ghosh, Aviv Maayan, Eamon Shrahan, James Tighe.

Not a bad resume. Easily more notable stars than anybody in Europe in the last 15 year

Yeah thanks for all the input here guys. I'm thinking of moving to England at some stage next year and really giving it a go.

I'd love to be in the ring and training everyday, but thats prob not going to happen here in the UK as most training places I've looked at seem to be once a week!

Yeah thanks for all the input here guys. I'm thinking of moving to England at some stage next year and really giving it a go.

I'd love to be in the ring and training everyday, but thats prob not going to happen here in the UK as most training places I've looked at seem to be once a week!

You say that, but atleast three of the schools listed here provide multiple classes and full time ring access.

FutureShock in Manchester

House of Pain in Nottingham

4FW in Swindon

All three have dedicated and accessible facilities....

I did go to Area 52 (SWA and Sources training school) in Linwood (near Glasgow)

Our facility in Linwood was moved to the Source Wrestling School in Ibrox, Glasgow to make life easier for trainee's travelling from various places.

SWS hosts regular training on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights, with Sunday classes in the afternoon and are considering reopening Saturday afternoons. In addition to that, there is the option of personal training sessions at any time throughout the week and regular guest seminars from the likes of Fergal Devitt, Jetta, Mikey Whiplash and Paul Tracey when their schedule permits.

The new facility is located at: Unit 16, Woodville Park, 200 Woodville Road, Ibrox G51 2RL

And further enquiries can be made directly to our training manager at db.mackle@scottishwrestling.co.uk

:)

I believe that Tom at Varsity pro wrestling runs his school almost full time as well buddy , the best I have heard about is WAW , House of pain , 4FW and GPW , I also know that DPW are about to open classes. I guess if you situated yourself in the right area of the country then you could use a few different schools.

No offence to any of the other school mentioned, but this ^

Take a look on the endoresments on his site. Justin has had a hand in training just about anyone who is anyone in the UK, particularly those who have gone on to work in the states.

If you are in South, you really are blessed with a lot of good school. PErsonally, if i was a trainee, i would do the following...

Saturdays - Alternate between JUstin Richards school and Charlie Rage's Thunderslam school, both in Essex. Charlie is really excellent at character development and makes you think about things that most of us dont even realise.

Sundays - The soon-to-open EWW Training School in Hastings, run by Stuart Allen and Kerry Cabrero. Awesome, knowledgeable trainers who been traditionally taught and been arounnd the world, as opposed to some schools where the trainer has only ever wrestled in front of 50 people in a sports centre.

Working once for a promotion in Germany (wXw) and four times in a small promotion in Holland (FCW) + only touring Germany for a month (EWP) = "been arounnd the world" ?!

As has been stated in previous post, the WAW training school is one of the best around.

The combined years experience of the regular coaches is around 75 years, and at the end of each training weekend there is an academy show, were those students deemed ready, by the trainers, will be given an opportunity to showcase their talents.

Students travel from London to Norwich every month for the school as well as students coming over from Italy, Norway and Switzerland on a regular basis.

http://www.freewebs.com/marinawrestling/

http://www.ipwuk.com/training/

In-Ring training every Sunday 2pm-6.30pm, Swanley, Kent. As seen on BBC 1's Inside Out South East. Head trainers are Jimmy Havoc and Tom Chamberlain, with regular guests coming in to help out including RJ Singh, Zack Sabre Jr, Ashley Reed, Terry Frazier and many more that i'm forgetting off the top of my head. Recent guest sessions have included Juventud Guerrera and NOAH's Bobby Fish.

Take a look on the endoresments on his site. Justin has had a hand in training just about anyone who is anyone in the UK, particularly those who have gone on to work in the states.

If you are in South, you really are blessed with a lot of good school. PErsonally, if i was a trainee, i would do the following...

Saturdays - Alternate between JUstin Richards school and Charlie Rage's Thunderslam school, both in Essex. Charlie is really excellent at character development and makes you think about things that most of us dont even realise.

Sundays - The soon-to-open EWW Training School in Hastings, run by Stuart Allen and Kerry Cabrero. Awesome, knowledgeable trainers who been traditionally taught and been arounnd the world, as opposed to some schools where the trainer has only ever wrestled in front of 50 people in a sports centre.

Working once for a promotion in Germany (wXw) and four times in a small promotion in Holland (FCW) + only touring Germany for a month (EWP) = "been arounnd the world" ?!

I assume your source is the ever reliable google? I can assure you these guys have done a hell of a lot more than the above tours.

I assume your source is the ever reliable google? I can assure you these guys have done a hell of a lot more than the above tours.

Nope, that was taken from Cagematch.de a pretty reliable surce for most British and European talent.

If you know that as a fact than by all means write it down so I'll know better.

It's also missing a lot of information. It's only pulled together from searching through sites like this, which unless you've got every single match / tour / whatever of your career on here somewhere is going to be an incomplete record.

For example, unless I'm mistaken, both Stu Allen and Kerry Cabrero have also been to the States with wrestling. Allen trained with Adrian Street in Florida and Cabrero toured over there with Steve Knight. You see my point? Who knows what else they might have done that isn't listed on Cagematch.de?

Archived