Stanley Cup Final.. Best Of 7 Series...

WestCoastPop619

Hi All,

Im really getting into my hockey after visiting Canada at Christmas, becoming a Canuck (Vancouver) fan due to it!

Theve managed to reach the final, and if things go there way, they could be champions come Wednesday..

I wanna stay up & watch it.. any ideas were might be best?

I thought it would be a good chance there was a few hockey fans on here..

• Paid Members

Hey, straight up, I can't help you but I thought you might like to know that I moved to Vancouver this year (from London) and the atmosphere here is insane, everyone is obsessed with the hockey, it's 10X as big a deal as the world cup or something is back home, wish you could be here! Go Canucks Go!!

ESPN do live streaming which is decent quality, think you can pay by the game. ESPN America will have it on Sky and Virgin or you're looking at something like justin.tv if you don't want to pay, the NHL don't seem to clamp down massively on streams so it's just a matter of finding a decent quality one,

• Paid Members
ESPN do live streaming which is decent quality, think you can pay by the game. ESPN America will have it on Sky and Virgin or you're looking at something like justin.tv if you don't want to pay, the NHL don't seem to clamp down massively on streams so it's just a matter of finding a decent quality one,

This. One of my friends is a Canuck and she paid something like

All the Stanley Cup final games get shown on either ESPN or ESPN America do they not? During the season, if you wnat to watch only one specific team, then paying to watch it on the NHL website will be your best option, but for the current best of 7 series, ESPN America shows them

ESPN America are showing all the games, and the best thing is, is that it's the Hockey Night in Canada coverage that they are showing, so you get the added goodness of Don Cherry

That's the downside to ESPN online (assuming it's the same as last season as I didn't subscribe this year), the coverage seems to always be a USA feed if there is one and they cut out the intermissions so you just get a blank screen during the breaks.

The big plus of online is that they carry every game that's televised, which is pretty much all of them, and have the stream on demand so you don't have to watch in the middle of the night.

Of course if you don't want to watch live there's always other ways to get hold of recordings!

• Paid Members

Fact: I touched the Stanley Cup last week when it visted my workplace. I'm awesome.

As Mr Licker says, this place is ridiculous right now with hockey fever. I knew the Canadians liked their hockey but I've never seen anything this for such widespread excitement and support for one team.

Thanks for the reply guys!

Gonna see if I can stream it.. if not whats the chances of finding a torrent/download of it the following day?

Very easy, at this stage of the year all the games are downloadable from the myp2p forum, which is probably preferable to staying up till 4am praying it doesn't go to overtime. I actually went to bed just at the overtime face off on Saturday night, and I felt a right tit when I downloaded the end yesterday that it only went 11 seconds. :rolleyes:

ESPN America are showing all the games, and the best thing is, is that it's the Hockey Night in Canada coverage that they are showing, so you get the added goodness of Don Cherry
We've got the NHL Network Coverage (on Fox Spts in Aus) which I think is shit to be honest with Dave Schrader and Joe Michaletti. I have to go on You Tube to watch Coaches Corner which is a god send to be honest. Can't beat the no nonsense from Don Cherry. Watching Game 3 now.

Archived