Mr Hughes

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He 'never made it' because he was the shits.

A couple of stints in the WWE and stints in WCW and ECW should be considered as "making it" and a big succes for someone who was the ?shits? :laugh:

Whether he is a good trainer or not, he has been running a wrestling school (full-time?) for many years.

In the wrestling world, he has achieved quite a lot!

Nope just out of the spotlight. As for the past tense stuff then by 'missing superheavyweight heels who did dropkicks' I meant the current generationworkers, same with Reznor's bit about how 'he looked like a bad looking mother' I'm sure.

I don't doubt Hughes still fits both those descriptions but he's not exactly someone who is going to be built up for feud with John Cena any time soon. So yeah, in general both our points are things that are missing for the most part in 2011. There haven't really been that many 300lbs plus guys breaking into the Big Two for about a decade now.

I heard pretty much the same story as that but with 2 Cold Scorpio. That Hughes was stiffing him, Scorp told him to stop, then when he did it again Scorp 'shot' on him with some stiff forearms leading to Hughes abandoning the match but that Hughes later apologised to him in the dressing room. The only difference was Scorp's shots were supposedly in front of the camera whilst the Shamrock punch happened backstage.

I've always seen Mr Hughes as the missing third Harris Brother in terms of being shite. Never seen anything in him.

Blimey, they wouldn't have been cool with that. Not one bit!

Would have loved to have seen Russo try to book it though.

• Paid Members

Hughes kept the gimmich wherever he went though, fair play to him. He did WWF, WCW and ECW with exactly the same gimmick, not many people can claim that can they? or am i just forgetting a shit load?

Archived