Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

Fantastic, the day was not lost....

A scum doctor, eh?

Ron, were you responsible for this?

Also, we didn't have a mafia kill it would seem... Bristep, your thoughts at this juncture would be greatly appreciated, perhaps i have no taken leave of my senses? :)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scum doctor makes sense on thought - If the mafia have no night kill and the town do they need something to balance it out a bit, a roleblocker may be a bit far since it would stop our investigative abilities which with the watcher i believe to be there to give us only half information and this leaves the scum having to choose who our town vig is likely to pop off as opposed to being able to chase a vig if they claimed.

Anyway that's my thoughts on this.

Anyway, Ron - Bristep thoughts appreciated.

Same from everybody else of course! Well we managed to pull this back. Ron, you need to give us what you can asap just incase you end up getting killed in the day.

I still don't know what to make of this game, but whatever happened last night, was a good thing.

We took out one of the scums main roles, which now puts us back on an even playing field, but does the fact scum have a doctor leave anyone feeling like town doesn't?

I also wonder what it was that the killer saw in Kenny as a target, but he wasn't the most obvious choice to me, but I get we will have to wait and find that out at a later time.

The fact Kenny was not protecting himself, probably means he was protecting his boss or some scum team mate who looked scummier than him, so I am off to read back through everything later today to see what I can find.

• Paid Members

Well, this is interesting. Apologies about missing the last day, my sleep pattern has been all screwed up trying to get my College work done for next week. Ended up just crashing out. Woke up about fifteen minutes after the deadline annoyingly enough.

Normally I'd say a no lynch would've screwed us but it's actually helped us (I'm assuming it was Ron that killed Kenny but, either way.) Also adds credibility to the Ron/Stone "scum day kill" theory, although I have to wonder why Kenny was so determined to find the Day Killer.

Looking through the thread (my sleep pattern is all messed up. Stupid College work) I've noticed that there's quite a bit of passive aggressive defending between Snake and Kenny. For example HERE Snake says "As much as I'd love to see McScum swing", but then defends him against Ron, but only for the reference to the last game. He convieniently ignores the very valid point Ron about Kenny trying to shift suspicion onto Dazz.

Then there's THIS post from Kenny, that is basically implying that we should ignore any scummy behaviour from Snake because "he's ALWAYS the scummiest player in the game". Incidentally, it's interesting that Kenny could make that judgement given that he said himself that he's only ever played one full game.

Basically, their interactions seem like a whole lot of distancing to me.

VOTE SNAKE PLISSKEN

Interesting theory on Snake, one that sounds very interesting indeed, so good work unfitfinlay.

Still not sure about Ron though, so my vote stays on him till I have my full read through of the last days play, then I will stick it where I feel it belongs.

SMS : Ron claimed vigilante yesterday, it hasn't been countered and a scum player died last night. Can you explain why this isn't enough to assume for the moment that he isn't scum?

Chris : Right now Kenny's death gives Ron's claim validity, and as such right now he's off the hook. Not confirmed town, because I'm not keen on Kenny's refusal to vote for Ron early on. If the scum thought Ron was definitely Vig why not lynch him? That vote reset *still* seems like it was awful well timed too. It makes no sense but right now the evidence clears Ron so it's just a thread to keep track of later down the line.

Finlay : There's definitely something there, Snake and McBride's little shots at each other look, now with the scum McBride flip, like potential distancing comments.

Chris/Finlay : We can definitely not rule out scum day kill, but we also can't rule out the possibility that it is a vig/day sk/mafia setup and mafia's kill didn't go through for whatever reason. To focus on one at the behest of the other is to potentially lead us down the wrong path. Ideally we need to just follow our leads from D1 and also in light of the McBride death. The daykill and vote reset served an important purpose yesterday, it fucked our shit up. The daykill threw us all over the place, second guessing what it meant instead of continuing to hunt for scum, and the vote reset did the exact same.

If the vote reset was a one shot deal and town initiated I'd like to hear from whoever did it too, because that will explain it and stop us from putting any scum motivation into it.

Scum not having a night kill is something I refuse to accept, as it breaks the very basic game rules, so that leaves me with the thought that Ron is scum and made the night kill.

We don't even know if we have a vigilante, they may not want to reveal themselves just yet either as they may become a target, plus it could be a one shot deal.

Scum, always have and always will have a night kill, because I looked through lots of other games played on different sites and never came across one any different.

We are dealing with a scum group and daytime vigilant / serial killer or two scum groups.

Ron killing Kenny and Kenny being scum does not prove me wrong on this theory yet, however I do need to do a bit more research, so I will try and do that at my computer tonight.

Scum not having a night kill is something I refuse to accept, as it breaks the very basic game rules, so that leaves me with the thought that Ron is scum and made the night kill.

We don't even know if we have a vigilante, they may not want to reveal themselves just yet either as they may become a target, plus it could be a one shot deal.

Scum, always have and always will have a night kill, because I looked through lots of other games played on different sites and never came across one any different.

We are dealing with a scum group and daytime vigilant / serial killer or two scum groups.

Ron killing Kenny and Kenny being scum does not prove me wrong on this theory yet, however I do need to do a bit more research, so I will try and do that at my computer tonight.

Your first assumption, is that Ron is lying scum rather than scum kill got prevented and Ron is telling the truth?

I just didn't believe what Ron was saying at the end of the last day and have no reason to believe him now.

I am sticking my neck on the line here, because I know I could easily be targeted now, but Ron is my main suspect followed by Snake.

I have to go to work now but await Rons response.

• Paid Members

All I need from Ron is him highlighting the breadcrumbing he did for the Kenny kill, because come the end of the day phase it actually ME that he had a vote on so why wasn't I targeted by Ron as a Vig?

It's bread-crumb-a-go-go time

Sat on the bus on the way to work when something suddenly popped into my head.

Kenny was a Triad member, so if I am guessing right with Tri meaning three, the day scum have three members.

Triad are the Chinese mafia. I don't think we can infer tri=3 in this case.

Archived