Magnum T.A.

Cobra1000

watched the rise and fall of wcw just now and the biggest impression it made on me was this guy, he just looked like he was a star, his wrestling career was cut short by a car accident so we'll never know what he could have done in the wrestling world, but do you think he would have gone one to hold major championships and feud with wcw's big names like Luger, Sting, Flair etc? Would he have transitioned into the 90's for example?

Anyway share some matches if you like and show some appreciation for the man, his moustache and his chest hair.

• Paid Members

He was over as fuck, he'd have had a good run with Slick Ric and had one of the trademark series of pursuing Flair over a few unsuccessfully challenges, finally capturing the belt, holding the Nature Boy off for a while before losing the title back because of shenanigans. Magnum could easily have held onto the top babyface spot until the emergence of Sting... and that's to say Sting would have been popular enough to dislodge him. One of wrestling's saddest wastes not caused by an early death or substance problems. He could have been huge.

• Paid Members

I think Magnum was kind of overrated just a tad. Yes, he was unbelievably over, but Big Dusty had the book, and he was Dust's mate. What happens when Rhodes goes to the WWF and does he fare as well under a different guy? Does Sting get as over? Does Barry Windham get his run?

Around 1991, he'd have had to have changed that name too. Nothing screams 1984 more than being named after Magnum PI.

• Paid Members
Around 1991, he'd have had to have changed that name too. Nothing screams 1984 more than being named after Magnum PI.

I wouldn't say that. The Road Warriors' moniker alluded to a film (Mad Max) released in 1981. Hogan originally started calling himself "the Hulk" after a tv show that concluded in 1982 (The Incredible Hulk). Further afield, Jushin Liger and the Tiger Mask character endure 20 years and 30 years respectively after the Manga they were based on finished.

If you are over enough, you make something yours.

Archived