2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

That Dundee-Kilmarnock game was a right wee cracker, wasn't it lads? Kilmarnock were lucky in my opinion, a cracking save from Cammy Bell. Can't wait until Rangers-Arbroath tommorow, potential for a real giant killing there, considering Rangers spectacular breakdown in recent weeks and Arbroath's fairly impressive positioning in League 2.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect Celtic and Rangers to advance relatively comfortably. We played Berwick Rangers away at this stage last year and had the first team out (including the debut of the elusive Freddie Ljungberg!) and it was a kind of cagey affair. I would certainly put as many first teamers out as possible.Peterhead will be an adventure but I'm not looking forward to an 8am departure.

Big Rangers town is Peterhead, you'll get a warm reception there.

So I've heard. I'm curious to see how shit the ground actually is - although I've heard the pitch is in surprisingly good nick.Is it true that their official social club is decked with Rangers memorabilia?
No idea, never been in. Just know the local affiliation due to it being nearby. Ground is pretty bad by all accounts, but then they are an ex Highland League team so it's to be expected.

• Paid Members

So I've heard. I'm curious to see how shit the ground actually is - although I've heard the pitch is in surprisingly good nick.Is it true that their official social club is decked with Rangers memorabilia?
The ground isn't that bad, It really is a glorified Highland League ground though. Only 2 stands, nothing at either end (not even terracing). Unless they somehow knock up some temporary stands I can't see it being too pleasant for those unlucky enough not to get a seat. 254/1 for a Peterhead/Arbroath double. Don't think I'll bother...

The ground isn't that bad, It really is a glorified Highland League ground though. Only 2 stands, nothing at either end (not even terracing). Unless they somehow knock up some temporary stands I can't see it being too pleasant for those unlucky enough not to get a seat. 254/1 for a Peterhead/Arbroath double. Don't think I'll bother...
The ticket says 'Peterhead FC vs Glasgow Celtic', which is perhaps the only time I've ever seen us officially referred to as that. I hope it at least stays dry - the cold is not a problem cos I got a belter of a jacket that combats the elements for Christmas, but I don't fancy being pished upon for the entirety.

• Paid Members

Who are we all hoping for in today's Scottish Cup draw?

RangersCelticDundee UnitedHibsDundee/KillieFalkirkAberdeenHeartsICT/DunfermlineAyrMotherwellQueen of the SouthMortonRoss CountySt.JohnstoneSt.Mirren/Hamilton

I quite fancy Morton away. Winnable game and good away day.

Archived