2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Any manager in the world could have been a success in the period Souness was Rangers manager. No competition at all and he was able to pretty much sign the England National team.

Yeah I know all that but you wouldn't really say he'd done a bad job unless you think they shoulda done better in Europe or whatever.

Sounded is hardly astellar manager at club level, what makes you think he'd translate to the national stage?

Souness pisses all over Levein at club level, and he has the experience & respect to manage the national side.

I'll be honest, I hope we get beaten tonight and get absolutely hammered by Spain.

• Paid Members

Still not convinced about Levein. Every time I look at him I think of him looking tired and worn when Liechtenstein were winning 1-0 (and hammering us). He'd have been out of a job then. People seem to forget that result (just beat the Litchties with the last touch of the ball). We were nearly beat by...LICHTENSTEIN. If only they had kept on Mario Frick (Prick).

Walter Smith would take the job in a heartbeat again. He said he has "unfinished business" there.

Souness probably thinks Paul McStay still kicks the leather up here.

I always thought the suggestion of Souness was hilarious. I still can't think of who he ever done a good job for.

Manchester United.

As far as I'm concerned if the Scotland manager doesn't pick exactly the same team as I'd have picked then he's a bit of a knob. A tad unfair but thems the rules, especially when said manager doesn't seem to conclude that Bannan and Dorrans should be automatic choices and thinks that Brown can play. That's complete knoborama right there.

• Paid Members
If me being a dick results in Levein losing his job, then I'm happy enough with that.

Out of interest who would you take on instead? Would you actually plump for Souness?

As an outsider looking in, the Scotland job just seems like a poisoned chalice to me. Not as much as the England job, but that's another debate for another thread. Question is, I'm not sure who'd want to go for it. The Scottish FA don't seem to be doing anyone any favours and the majority of the squad still isn't good enough to compete at the top of the qualifying groups (Though I still think it's improved on recent years). It's a tough call.

Hands off of Lambert, a-thank you.

Morton 4-1 Ayr United

A result that sees us go over Hamilton in the league and now sit at the top. Erm... YASS!!! Ayr just didn't turn up today in the first 20 minutes and we made sure they were punished for that. Peter McDonald played his best game for us and was rewarded with two goals, one of which was a belter of a free kick. We play some really nice football when we are at full flow and going to watch Morton is actually beginning to feel like it's worth it.

Morton 4-1 Ayr United

A result that sees us go over Hamilton in the league and now sit at the top. Erm... YASS!!! Ayr just didn't turn up today in the first 20 minutes and we made sure they were punished for that. Peter McDonald played his best game for us and was rewarded with two goals, one of which was a belter of a free kick. We play some really nice football when we are at full flow and going to watch Morton is actually beginning to feel like it's worth it.

You lads aren't half starting well this year eh!

Seems like we found out feet today once we put McGregor in the starting XI. O'Donnell was never due a yellow for either of his fouls today seemingly, but to win away from home with 10 men against a tough team like Raith is a good sign. If we can find a striker who can score goals I'll be happy.

the majority of the squad still isn't good enough to compete at the top of the qualifying groups (Though I still think it's improved on recent years). It's a tough call.

I think that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in this thread, full of football fans.

Scotland have 1 Premiership quality keeper in Gordon, and the top SPL keeper, our only frailty in defence is that Caldwell seems to have picture of Levein taking it up the arse from someone.

In the middle we've got 2 Premiership CMs in Fletcher and Adam, plus 3 young players developing really well in Dorrans, Snodgrass and Bannan. Up top we have Miller, Mackie, Goodwillie, Fletcher and Mackail-Smith. We could practically field and all EPL team for fucks sake, yet we can only defeat Lithuania 1-0 at Hampden?! Everyone can see the real issue.

• Paid Members
I think that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in this thread, full of football fans.

Scotland have 1 Premiership quality keeper in Gordon, and the top SPL keeper, our only frailty in defence is that Caldwell seems to have picture of Levein taking it up the arse from someone.

In the middle we've got 2 Premiership CMs in Fletcher and Adam, plus 3 young players developing really well in Dorrans, Snodgrass and Bannan. Up top we have Miller, Mackie, Goodwillie, Fletcher and Mackail-Smith. We could practically field and all EPL team for fucks sake, yet we can only defeat Lithuania 1-0 at Hampden?! Everyone can see the real issue.

And yet they still can't get a sniff at the top of a qualifiers table. It's hardly the most ridiculous thing ever in fairness. As I said, it's improving but it's still not clicking and it's not getting you into any major tournaments.

And yet they still can't get a sniff at the top of a qualifiers table. It's hardly the most ridiculous thing ever in fairness. As I said, it's improving but it's still not clicking and it's not getting you into any major tournaments.

Our issue is not the players or squad depth, it's management and their tactical choices of 0 and 1 upfront that have cost us. You can hardly expect anyone to be top of a qualifiers league when they're in the same group as the World Cup winners.

• Paid Members
Our issue is not the players or squad depth, it's management and their tactical choices of 0 and 1 upfront that have cost us. You can hardly expect anyone to be top of a qualifiers league when they're in the same group as the World Cup winners.

That 4-6-0 formation was a bit daft wasn't it? Even so, by your statement there it's surely a bit harsh on the current manager to be expected to get them to such heights. I'm still not convinced the squad would really improve much in terms of points with another coach, or at the very least a coach who'd be willing to take the job on in the first place. It's getting better, but it's still missing that extra spark needed.

Archived