2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Serious question - does anyone take John Brown seriously? As far as I can tell, he is the worst ambassador for a football club imaginable. The guy is thick as mince and seems to be a constant embarrassment (and figure of ridicule) with all the facts and figures he plucks out of the air.

He's a legit nutter too. I wouldn't give him my morning newspaper money.

I dread to think who he has "waiting in the wings" to invest money too. I'd bet its a bunch of shady gangster-types. I'd rather stick with Green - for now.

His new bid is apparently funded by "The Rangers fans" which sure narrows it down a bit. He was called out on this on the radio last night after he complained about Greens lack of clarity on funding the purchase of the newco.

A cult hero of Rangers fans- so far he's pandered to the knuckle draggers fairly well with some outrageous comments- but you would think the supporters with half a brain wouldnt want this man at the helm of any potential takeover.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Rangers are dead.

You are going on more about it than the Rangers fans on here you tit. You get over it.

Dry your eyes you fucking baby.

Really? Dry your eyes? You haven't shut the fuck up since February.

I know marty. Given them time to mourn their loss you fucking insensitive bastard!

• Paid Members
Rangers are dead.

You are going on more about it than the Rangers fans on here you tit. You get over it.

Dry your eyes you fucking baby.

Really? Dry your eyes? You haven't shut the fuck up since February.

Imagine that, talking about the biggest story in Scottish football.

The truth is after years of taking it tight from you bastards about league titles, cups, multi-million pound signings etc you deserve every bit of slagging and wind-ups that have been sent your way for your club cheating your way to them.

In fact the Rangers fans on here get off fairly lightly compared to some of the stuff I've read on other websites - so yes, dry your fucking eyes.

SFL vote has now been put back a day until Friday 13th (duh-duh-duh!!!) July.

Another day for the SFL clubs to be panicked into shitting themselves over their financial future and be blackmailed into letting a newco start life in Division 1.

I don't get this whole 'bad for 41 clubs' is that Doncaster was coming out with. It will be great for 2nd and 3rd division clubs who will now get 2 home games against The Rangers. Its not in any SFL team's advantage to vote them into the 1st is it?

If Rangers were put into the first then probably very little as opposed to 2 sell outs if they were in the third. Also some of the other changes that were hastily bundled in such as a pyramid structure wouldn't exactly help them either if they get relegated back to the Highland league.

• Paid Members

Miutes from the RFFF meeting.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Sandy Jardine welcomed all to the meeting and introduced the top table.

The results of the RFFF poll showed an overwhelming desire (76%) from the fans out of almost 20,000 polled to play in Division 3. A straw poll was taken in the room; the result again reflected an overwhelming support for Division 3.

The entire Rangers board then entered the meeting, introduced themselves and explained roughly what they had done in the past.

Malcolm Murray wants to rebuild the club. All assets are owned by Sevco Scotland. Craig Whyte is definitely not involved, sworn statements have been lodged with relevant bodies including the SFA regarding this.

Charles Green talked about

Don't know whether there is truth in this or not (perhaps others can set me right if this is incorrect), but it's been reported that so far, just 250 (two hundred and fifty) Rangers fans have renewed their season tickets, out of 40,000.

That's an astonishingly low number. If true, Green & co. must be s****ing themselves. If we say the average ST is

I think that is True, i've been suspecting for a while know that they may be shooting themselves in the foot with all this messing about. if right from the begining they just said "ok we are just going to apply for D 3" then at least the fans would know where things stood better.

I think that is True, i've been suspecting for a while know that they may be shooting themselves in the foot with all this messing about. if right from the begining they just said "ok we are just going to apply for D 3" then at least the fans would know where things stood better.

Cheers mate. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the Rangers fans for not renewing.

I think Green could have helped himself the other day by outright saying 'We will be applying for Division 3 membership, like Annan Athletic did; we don't want any special treatment', as opposed to his 'We will go in any division the SFL sees fit'.

I think the authorities like Doncaster & Regan are to blame too; they're more interested in saving the tv deal than anything the fans care about or how the game itself looks. If SPL goes bust, I'd imagine Doncaster loses his job.

On a Rangers-related note, Steven Davis has just signed for Southampton, so that's another one sorted.

• Paid Members

What's the deal with Rangers going into SFL1 and the SPL buying the rights to Rangers matches in that division? Don't like the sound of that at all. Don't give them anything.

Once the division is sorted out, I'd expect the renewals to be much higher. The next season will be a problem if they are not promoted to the SPL. I can't imagine they'll have the same number for SFL2.

Archived